Post Thanks / Like

25 Turbo bits

Hi everyone, new to the club so bit of background, I have a 1986 Phase 1 25 V6 Turbo, had the car since 86 it was about 5/6 months old when I bought it, been garaged for the last 12/13 years although run up to temperature and moved around a few times each year. Have finally started what should be a reasonably light renovation, started with a fuel system/injector purge (still runs like a swiss clock) and likewise cleaning/purge of the cooling system with the intention of keeping clean treated water in the system, (in my humble experience dry blocks cause nothing but trouble), been collecting various bits/parts over the past 10+ years with this project in mind.

The thermostat housing that sits on top of the water pump is very corroded it's repairable but would prefer to replace, If I needed the water pump that doesn't seem to be a problem but as yet no luck with the housing, can't even find a part number reference for the housing, the pump it bolts onto is OEM 7701466262, tried various suppliers, even the main agents don't seem to have access to any info, I suppose the car being older than most of the people running the parts departments doesn't help but hey ho, some of you guys must have had similar problems in the past so any info/help would be greatly appreciated and I'm quite sure other problems will pop up along the way.

Cheers all
    Roger

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 25 Turbo bits

Hi Roger, if you can get info on chassis and build number off vehicle id plate then i can look at dialogy for you

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 25 Turbo bits

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercat View Post
    Hi Roger, if you can get info on chassis and build number off vehicle id plate then i can look at dialogy for you
    Hi thanks for your reply, the Vin is VF1B29505F0001201, I have now found out the housing is OEM 7700267926, with a magnifying glass you can actually make out 267926 on the original housing but trying to locate one is not so easy, I have come across a company in Russia 1 in Turkey and 1 in Latvia, although the same part number they are listed as the later plastic/compound item I think more used on the GTA, I messaged all three but as yet only Latvia has replied, apparently it is their company policy not to ship overseas, why I have no idea, a repair to the original alloy housing is looking more likely.

Regards
    Roger