Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
    Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renault World Series Nurburgring, September 18th-20th & Ring Jolly

Well got in at 12:30am in the end, after dropping Dave off in Ashford. 250miles in total roughly with him stuck under 2m from my boot.

What a great weekend, such a laugh and nice to meet up with the usual crowd.

Just need a couple of nights to recover especially after being dragged to a managers meeting all day today. It wasn't fun

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Well got in at 12:30am in the end, after dropping Dave off in Ashford. 250miles in total roughly with him stuck under 2m from my boot.

What a great weekend, such a laugh and nice to meet up with the usual crowd.

Just need a couple of nights to recover especially after being dragged to a managers meeting all day today. It wasn't fun
    was good to meet you mate and ady ,dankennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha, Daaaaannnnnnnnnnnkkeeeee

Meine Holgen ist jens, wtf were we coming up with, I blame that dodgy pub me and J went to saturday evening.

Yeah, was chatting to you for ages in the pub and didn't even know who you were, I blame the steak on the stone, hmmm that was lovely

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well where do I start..... What a BRILLIANT weekend!!

Great Company, Great Drinks Great Food, Great Hotel, Great World Series Renault & most importantly GREAT LAUGHS!!

Was really impressed with the WSR Nurburgring & from the people I discussed it with, it wasn't only me who thought it knocked Silverstone & the UK event into a cocked hat!!

The fact that we managed to get 6 laps of the full GP circuit (without any joy dampening renault chaperone's) had to be one of the best parts of the whole weekend for me!!

Great to meet some new members of the club and special mention to TOMS-GTT who travelled almost all of Friday night to get their in-time! All credit to you mate Of course it was also good to see the old faces & spend more time with you sinking a few Bit-Bergers!

It certianly wetted my appetite for another road trip next year so watch this space for details of a trip to either WSR Le-Mans or Spa!

As Penfold mentioned earlier his mate's gearbox gave up the ghost on the journey home but thanks to the never give up PMT attitude of this club we managed to tow him back home & not ruin our record of never leaving a man behind!! I was really chuffed to see everyone dig in & lend a hand with this issue & couldn't think of a better set of lads to drive across Europe with!!! Nice one Dale!

Right as for pictures I've uploaded a LOAD of our pictures onto my Photobucket account HERE.

I've had an e-mail from the D'ARC informing me of some websites where pictures of the event are posted on. Have a click & see if you can see your car doing a lap on the circuit:

I don't think there is any better way of wrapping this post up than letting you all have a listen to Krissy M's Song

Post Thanks / Like

I'm awarding Dale the inaugural RTOC beyond the call of duty award
    T-shirt of your choice in the post ...just let me know the details

Post Thanks / Like

Great minds think alike Steve! I had the You-tube link copied and ready to paste before I read your post! Quality!
    Nic and I finally got home @ 2:15-am after 4 sets of roadwork's with not one workman anywhere! The mind boggles! Toll road was sweet though

Firstly, a big thanks for Steve for organizing the trip and all the shenanigans and Stu for sorting the hotel for us! Thanks guys, it'll go down as a weekend to remember! Right from the off it was brilliant! From the steak on stone dinner to the 3 litre glass of beer/backwash everything was superb and that was only the first night! I must agree with the general view that the RWS @ 'the ring' blew Silverstone away as I would never have believed I'd be driving the race circuit on a parade lap! Superb! (great links as well Steve ) Sunday was a mixture of shopping, chilling, catching up with friends and a couple of laps of the Nordschleife finished off with an almost mind reading meet up in the over flow car-park. And it wasn't even planned!

Monday summed up what RTOC is all about! It was unfortunate for Dave to have his box give up but Dale and the crew soon made it better! The trip to the ferry (even tough we missed the 6 o'clock) was a blessing in disguise! I actually enjoyed the 70mph cruising and my MPG even peaked at a staggering 24.9!! ...Nice one Dale (and Dave). Dale, Aidan and the Renault 19 should all be given a round of applause! ....and that goes for Bruce as well for getting messy during the diagnosis! Top job all round!

Thanks to everyone for making it a special weekend and we are already looking forward to the next one whether it be LeMans or Spa...The company alone makes it worth the trip!! I just hope it doesnt clash with my brothers wedding or he'll be finding himself a new best man! I'll be uploading my pictures onto here/Facebook tomorrow so feel free to have a butchers and once again, thanks again for a great great weekend!!!!

Lomo & Nic!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got 24.9mpg, think mine work out about 10mpg

What cracked me up was on the way out of the ferry they tried to direct the clio into the customs to get the car checked over, so its not just the french which dont realise that the car was being towed

Clee you have a PM

Post Thanks / Like

Glad every1 got home me and Carolyn had such a great time and laugh ,the whole event went like clock work ,was good to catch up with you Lomo and meet nic ,I cnt wait for the next event or road trip thanks to Steve and chris for booking my room and the Rtoc for such a great club

Post Thanks / Like

cheers to everyone that i met an had laughs and banter with,truly a great
    time away,weather again was very good,nice time of year to go,hotel was spot
    on and had a cool little drive to the ring..roads are awesome all around this area,
    drive to shuld....good viewing points..to next time !!!...

and thank you to big steve for sorting this an that...
    world series was an amazing experience to!!!

J

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Ha ha, Daaaaannnnnnnnnnnkkeeeee

Meine Holgen ist jens, wtf were we coming up with, I blame that dodgy pub me and J went to saturday evening.

Yeah, was chatting to you for ages in the pub and didn't even know who you were, I blame the steak on the stone, hmmm that was lovely

.....ady loves it...i was in tears....das ich bin in freuline!!!....

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, just to comfirm whats already been said really.... TOP weekend. Couldent ask for a better bunch of people

Bring on the next one i say

Kris

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve - Raider View Post
    Well where do I start..... What a BRILLIANT weekend!!

Great Company, Great Drinks Great Food, Great Hotel, Great World Series Renault & most importantly GREAT LAUGHS!!

Was really impressed with the WSR Nurburgring & from the people I discussed it with, it wasn't only me who thought it knocked Silverstone & the UK event into a cocked hat!!

The fact that we managed to get 6 laps of the full GP circuit (without any joy dampening renault chaperone's) had to be one of the best parts of the whole weekend for me!!

Great to meet some new members of the club and special mention to TOMS-GTT who travelled almost all of Friday night to get their in-time! All credit to you mate Of course it was also good to see the old faces & spend more time with you sinking a few Bit-Bergers!

It certianly wetted my appetite for another road trip next year so watch this space for details of a trip to either WSR Le-Mans or Spa!

As Penfold mentioned earlier his mate's gearbox gave up the ghost on the journey home but thanks to the never give up PMT attitude of this club we managed to tow him back home & not ruin our record of never leaving a man behind!! I was really chuffed to see everyone dig in & lend a hand with this issue & couldn't think of a better set of lads to drive across Europe with!!! Nice one Dale!

Right as for pictures I've uploaded a LOAD of our pictures onto my Photobucket account HERE.

I've had an e-mail from the D'ARC informing me of some websites where pictures of the event are posted on. Have a click & see if you can see your car doing a lap on the circuit:

I don't think there is any better way of wrapping this post up than letting you all have a listen to Krissy M's Song
    merci pour le compte rendu et les photos !
    je suis dégouter , de n'avoir pus y aller cette année , et de pouvoir vous rencontrer !!
    en tout cas , j'espère sincèrement , que l'on pourra ce voir l'année prochaine a un rassemblement !
    pourquoi pas celui que j'organise le 5 juin 2010 .....?!

thank you for the report and the photographs!
    I am to disgust, not to have pus to go there this year, and of being able to meet you!!
    in any case, I hope sincerely, that one will be able this to see the next year has a gathering!
    why not that which I organize on June 5th, 2010 .....?!

Post Thanks / Like

Me tor and my brother got in around 12am. What a great weekend .

Very Big thanks to Steve once again for organising the event. Managed to get 3 laps of the Ring 2 Days at the world series which i drove saturdays parade lap and Tor drove the sundays parade lap with me a my brother hanging out the back of the cab with a union jack flag flapping in the wind showing the Ze germans how's its done. Met some Holland guy with 9 EBS cab's WOW!! and a German with 16 EBS cabs and wanted to buy mine Managed to visit EBS (ACT) Belgium on the way back to the ferry and spoke to the technical director of what was EBS back then He's getting me some bits for the cab and informed me that the window seals i've been trying to sort out for years are from a Seat Ibiza 1990 LOL!!!!

Awesome weekend.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xenon View Post
    merci pour le compte rendu et les photos !
    je suis dégouter , de n'avoir pus y aller cette année , et de pouvoir vous rencontrer !!
    en tout cas , j'espère sincèrement , que l'on pourra ce voir l'année prochaine a un rassemblement !
    pourquoi pas celui que j'organise le 5 juin 2010 .....?!

thank you for the report and the photographs!
    I am to disgust, not to have pus to go there this year, and of being able to meet you!!
    in any case, I hope sincerely, that one will be able this to see the next year has a gathering!
    why not that which I organize on June 5th, 2010 .....?!

Salut au Xenon,

Oui, il est dommage que vous n'en revenait pas au Nurburgring pour la WSR, mais je suis sûr que leur aura une prochaine fois!

Quoi pensez-vous de le faire l'année prochaine on Jun 5th?? Vous intéresse??

Je pense à l'organisation d'un voyage au Mans WSR année prochaine pour la RTOC? Serez-vous capable de m'aider à organiser les billets et tout??

Steve

Hi Xenon,

Yeah it's a shame you couldn't get over to the Nurburgring for the WSR but i'm sure their will be a next time!

What are you thinking of doing on Jun 5th next year?? Sounds interesting??

I'm thinking of organising a trip to the WSR Le Mans next year for the RTOC? Will you be able to help me organise the tickets & everything??

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve - Raider View Post
    Salut au Xenon,

Oui, il est dommage que vous n'en revenait pas au Nurburgring pour la WSR, mais je suis sûr que leur aura une prochaine fois!

Quoi pensez-vous de le faire l'année prochaine on Jun 5th?? Vous intéresse??

Je pense à l'organisation d'un voyage au Mans WSR année prochaine pour la RTOC? Serez-vous capable de m'aider à organiser les billets et tout??

Steve

Hi Xenon,

Yeah it's a shame you couldn't get over to the Nurburgring for the WSR but i'm sure their will be a next time!

What are you thinking of doing on Jun 5th next year?? Sounds interesting??

I'm thinking of organising a trip to the WSR Le Mans next year for the RTOC? Will you be able to help me organise the tickets & everything??

Steve

pour le 5 juin 2010 , je parlais de la sortie que j'organise avec certain de ma région : stu et au courant!!
    voici le lien que j'avais mis ici ! France ----> 08200 Sedan dans les Ardennes
    sanglier 2009
    et je disais , que cela serais pourrais être bien ci certain de votre club pouvais y venir

pour les wsr , on voie en MP pour plus ample détails

for on June 5th, 2010, I spoke about the exit which I organize with certain of my area: stu and with the current!!
    here the bond which I had put here! France ----> 08200 Sedan in the Ardennes
    sanglier 2009
    and I said, that would be could be well Ci certain of your club could come there

for the wsr, one sees in MP for fuller details

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xenon View Post
    pour le 5 juin 2010 , je parlais de la sortie que j'organise avec certain de ma région : stu et au courant!!
    voici le lien que j'avais mis ici ! France ----> 08200 Sedan dans les Ardennes
    sanglier 2009
    et je disais , que cela serais pourrais être bien ci certain de votre club pouvais y venir

pour les wsr , on voie en MP pour plus ample détails

for on June 5th, 2010, I spoke about the exit which I organize with certain of my area: stu and with the current!!
    here the bond which I had put here! France ----> 08200 Sedan in the Ardennes
    sanglier 2009
    and I said, that would be could be well Ci certain of your club could come there

for the wsr, one sees in MP for fuller details
    Stephane,
    Ive spoken to a few people and 5th June seems to be okay for some people, but others are also talking about going to WRS at Nurburgring again, or Le Mans 24hrs or Spa.

I need to speak with Steve and a few other members to decide how many will able come to your National Day.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive found a few sites with Nordschliefe photos from Saturday and Sunday-

http://www.pistonspy.com/gallery2new/v/Nurburgring/
    http://www.nordschleifenbilder.de/go/index.php?cat=2
    http://nurburgring-photos.fotopic.net/c1757428.html

This is the guy who was selling photos in the Pistenklause on Sunday night- http://www.frozenspeed.com/

No photos on his site from the weekend but drop him an email with your reg and he'll take a look. He emailed me back within 10mins today

There are loads more sites with 'ring photos but im off to search those ones for now..........

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

First post!

Hello from Darren & Philippa!!

Just joined up - another "ringer" non-turbo Renault eh??

We both would like to say what an excellent time we had over the weekend - we met some really great people whose friendship and hospitality was fantastic!

Both WSR and the 'Ring were great in their own way - as you say the UK version really has something to live up to now...!

The drive home was something else - the "Dunkirk Spirit" of not returning without a car lived on!

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon & thanks again!

P.S. Our piccys and vid clips coming soon!!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigWilly425 View Post
    First post!

Hello from Darren & Philippa!!

Just joined up - another "ringer" non-turbo Renault eh??

We both would like to say what an excellent time we had over the weekend - we met some really great people whose friendship and hospitality was fantastic!

Both WSR and the 'Ring were great in their own way - as you say the UK version really has something to live up to now...!

The drive home was something else - the "Dunkirk Spirit" of not returning without a car lived on!

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon & thanks again!

P.S. Our piccys and vid clips coming soon!!
    Welcome along Big Willy Styles!!

Glad you've took the plunge & joined up to the RTOC!! No looking back now

Post Thanks / Like

this pic of mine looks really clean for a change :P

kinda glad that mine was the only phze 1 turbo again plenty of the txe's but mine was the only turbo D
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Paul R; 23-09-2009 at 21:16.

Post Thanks / Like

..cheers lomo !!!...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stuTHC View Post
    Stephane,
    Ive spoken to a few people and 5th June seems to be okay for some people, but others are also talking about going to WRS at Nurburgring again, or Le Mans 24hrs or Spa.

I need to speak with Steve and a few other members to decide how many will able come to your National Day.

Stu, there's no problem this end with dropping the previously mentioned Le Mans weekend in favour of going to the French ND and/or RWS Nurburgring.

Regarding Spa, I plan on organising an rtoc trackday there for next year, but that won't be until Easter (at the earliest), so not sure how that ties in with your/Steve's plans?

Post Thanks / Like

After 2 days of searching through about 13 websites and tens of thousands of photos from the weekend, ive finally found a pic of me on the nordschliefe-

I was beginning to think i wasn't even there!!

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.youtube.com/user/jaffat200

some videos from the trip....erm my apologies in advance lol

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

After 2 days of searching through about 13 websites and tens of thousands of photos from the weekend, ive finally found a pic of me on the nordschliefe-

I was beginning to think i wasn't even there!!
    WOW THC looks beautiful their mate!

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers dude.

Im still searching for more pics. I've found a few of some of you guys, im saving 'em as i find them and putting them in here-

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=245

Post Thanks / Like

Stephane,

dés que la fiche d'inscription et faite je vous l'envoie par MP , pour que vous puissiez voir entre vous !
    de toute façon j'ouvrirais un sujet parlant de ce rasso / rallye touristique

as soon as the card of inscription and made I send it to you by MP, so that you can see between you!
    in any event I would open a speaker of this rasso/tourist rally

Post Thanks / Like

Stu that picture is mint

And your car saved our life on Sunday night

I would just like to thank Steve for all his work on organising this trip. It is much appreciated, the club need people like you with the level of commitment you show

This trip has been the best rtoc event i have ever went on......even though i spent loads of money.....on wine Everything just seemed to fall into place with nothing going wrong over the weekend. I could not have asked for a better weekend..........well maybe if Dale could find his volume button

I have hundreds of pictures to upload for this trip

Cheers
    Chris

p.s. I think ashy would have bought one of these toaster
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    ..........well maybe if Dale could find his volume button
    I know exactly where it is, just choose not to use it

Post Thanks / Like