Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Scottish meet??

Ive been trying to find out how many members we have in Scotland , and wether it would be worth while to have a small scottish get together somewhere central.

When searching members from location Scotland it only brings up 5 members ???
    Im sure there is more scots here than that?? is there a easier way to filter out members from scotland.

Anyone that would be interested in a Scottish meet please post up any suggestions or locations . I have a few ideas myself but would like to here other views .

I would like to get a chance to meet all the scottish members in the club and try to get something regular happining up here , unless peeps are willing to travel south of the border theres not really alot happens up here , time for a change me thinks .

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scottish meet??

yeah im in. we only realy have knockhill and crail for track days ect.

Post Thanks / Like

1 of the places i think would be a good meeting point for us is the

http://motor-museum.bo-ness.org.uk/visit/doubleObar.htm

i know its in my home town ,but ive heard very good reports about this place and i know its used alot by the ford guys and some other car clubs for meetings.

failing that weve got Knockhill , crail or maybe a rr day somewhere , infact ill meet up at maccy d's if it gets us lot together for a bit crack and get to know peeps .

Post Thanks / Like

yeah sounds good. or maby a gokart track. there is a good one in edinbugh. i could sort out some prizes and stuff?
    http://www.raceland.co.uk/
    Last edited by finsta; 04-02-2009 at 13:28.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah gokarting is always a winner

Post Thanks / Like

iv been there a couple of times now. its a good day out. we could go out in edinburgh afrerwards to.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Im cool to meet up but McDonalds carpark is the cheaper option! If I remember correctly that gocart place is expensive. Im (as I imagine lots are) am very broke at the moment, in fact the 5 is SORN for now.

Anyway, Id come watch but def down for meeting everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Yeah Im cool to meet up but McDonalds carpark is the cheaper option! If I remember correctly that gocart place is expensive. Im (as I imagine lots are) am very broke at the moment, in fact the 5 is SORN for now.

Anyway, Id come watch but def down for meeting everyone.
    aye mate its quite expensive but it was just an idea. maby knockhill would be the better option. as they have an exlnt kart track that is quite cheap and the have a pub on site.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by finsta View Post
    aye mate its quite expensive but it was just an idea. maby knockhill would be the better option. as they have an exlnt kart track that is quite cheap and the have a pub on site.
    Yeah Raceland is def a good suggestion, went a couple of years ago and its great. Fast wee carts but as I said I personaly am skint but I would def come along and watch so if people wanna go Im cool with that. But even if we all just park up somewhere, chat then grab a big table at an indian restaraunt or something then that would still be coolio.

Just keen now to see how many of us there are up here.

Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I'm up for a meet. Just depends on the dates. Mud have you been to the motor museum? What about a rolling road day at ava? I need to find out if i've got enough power for the hills this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Rusty m8 hows you ?a RR day at ava wouldnt be a prob ,i can organise this np

whens the first hillclimb at Doon ? a meet there would be good also , is this the motor museum your on about? or are you talking about the 1 in bo'ness i posted the link to ? ive not been to any of them .

i just think its about time we got all the scottish members out there shells and try and get some regular meets on the go , cause at the moment all ive got to look forward to is nat day , and all the other meets are down south , which i dont mind doing 1 or 2 a year if i get a chance , but it would be nice to have something to do in Scotland .

at the end of the day ill happily organise a meeting and try and get something of the ground ,all we need is the support of the scottish members .

ill let this thread run for a cpl days and see what responses we get then maybe make a list of possible locations and have a vote ?

Post Thanks / Like

Im crap with Geography, could I fly to attend this meet?

Also will i get kicked in for being English?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenobi View Post

your not english your northern

Post Thanks / Like

Im Not Northern you southern div.

Post Thanks / Like

LoL if you suddenly wake up with wings , or drink plenty of redbull im sure getting there wouldnt be a hassle

the thing is i doubt very much we could muster more than 10 peeps rgdls of the venue for the meet

i started this thread to try and find out what scottish members were active and maybe offer something for us to do
    Id just like to add that when or if we do manage to sort something it will be open to all members to attend

Post Thanks / Like

Im Not Northern you southern div.
    if your not northern how can i be southern

Post Thanks / Like

i'm considerably more northern than you both

I would come and join you when the weather improves , as long as i dont get kicked in too ..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mudslinger View Post
    Hey Rusty m8 hows you ?a RR day at ava wouldnt be a prob ,i can organise this np

whens the first hillclimb at Doon ? a meet there would be good also , is this the motor museum your on about? or are you talking about the 1 in bo'ness i posted the link to ? ive not been to any of them .

i just think its about time we got all the scottish members out there shells and try and get some regular meets on the go , cause at the moment all ive got to look forward to is nat day , and all the other meets are down south , which i dont mind doing 1 or 2 a year if i get a chance , but it would be nice to have something to do in Scotland .

at the end of the day ill happily organise a meeting and try and get something of the ground ,all we need is the support of the scottish members .

ill let this thread run for a cpl days and see what responses we get then maybe make a list of possible locations and have a vote ?
    I'm good thanks, yourself? The first hillclimb at Doune is the 18th &19th of April here's a link http://www.dounehillclimb.co.uk/ i should be there. I can also try to arrange for us to take the cars up the hill! At a safe speed
    yeah i meant the museum in Bo'ness, the museum at Doune has closed down.
    I'm gonna try and get to national day this year, cos to date i ain't been to a club event. But anyway's i agree a regular scottish meet is long overdue. You've got my support

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave-sbs View Post
    i'm considerably more northern than you both

I would come and join you when the weather improves , as long as i dont get kicked in too ..

It will be like Braveheart but reinacted in 5GTTs!

Post Thanks / Like

that it will mike , scots with american accents

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave-sbs View Post
    that it will mike , scots with american accents

Good point Dave. Ive got a hell of a lot better Scottish accent than ol'Mel though. 15 years of research Ive got!

Post Thanks / Like

bump

Post Thanks / Like

Not much is happening on this so i'm making a suggestion. Crail Sunday 8th March, it's a normal 1/4mile and drift day so plenty of runs for your money, providing your 5 lasts the day . I reckon this would be ideal for a first meet, some fun and some chat. Let's see some interest peeps

http://www.crailraceway.co.uk/index.asp

Post Thanks / Like

yeah this thread went down like a lead ballon

Crail does sound ok for the 8th of march , id be up for that .

be nice to see a few others make the effort imo

Ive been considering a rr day soon aswell and have heard alot of good reports about hypertech in bonnybridge just outside falkirk ,a guy duncan that runs it , seems a very genuien guy . rr is a dyno dynamics and is less than a year old , i could go to AVA aswell but i was trying to keep it at a neutral location . for obvious reasons but i wont rule AVA out .

theres not much point in organising a rr day for 3 - 5 cars turning up , this thread has been running over 1 week now and only 4-5 members have shown an interest

Post Thanks / Like

Mud, if ya want you could wait a few months and join up with a north east meet/rolling road day?? We might even entice a southern softie to come along who lives oopp here now! Might help with the numbers etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Im still interested. Just tell me the time and place. Id do Crail.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MATT C Ringworm Tuning View Post
    Mud, if ya want you could wait a few months and join up with a north east meet/rolling road day?? We might even entice a southern softie to come along who lives oopp here now! Might help with the numbers etc.
    If i could get enough cars to come to say AVA or maybe HyperTech i recon i could get a mag shoot done(been getting txt from the photographer about a proposed mag feature in redline,im sure a rr day would be of interest to him ) would you Northeast guys be interested in making up the numbers in scotland ???

rgdless ill be considering attending as much meets and events as i can this year the further north the better
    Last edited by Mudslinger; 13-02-2009 at 15:56.

Post Thanks / Like

What ever you arrange i will be their and possibly Emma depending on her coaching timetable.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

If i could get enough cars to come to say AVA or maybe HyperTech i recon i could get a mag shoot done(been getting txt from the photographer about a proposed mag feature in redline,im sure a rr day would be of interest to him ) would you Northeast guys be interested in making up the numbers in scotland ???

rgdless ill be considering attending as much meets and events as i can this year the further north the better
    Im sure we would be just depends on when, as im still on finishing the 225 conversion and others have cars in bits at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Well that's 4 possibly 5 so far, how many cars would you need to run a mag featured rr day?

Post Thanks / Like

what about we start off with the meet at crail on the 9th March ?

in the mean time ill get on the blower and check out possible dates with relevant rr places and photographer, would you guys prefer AVA or Hypertech for a rr location ? what month April / May ? or ?

Post Thanks / Like

hello chaps

im defo up for a mag featured rr day
    id prefer ava as its closer

but whatevers whatever...as long as i can arrange a day off in advance no problemmmmmmm
    not to keen on crail but mayb i will change my mind
    hope we get somthin sorted as my cars now motd and runnin fine

Post Thanks / Like

what about we start off with the meet at crail on the 9th March ?

in the mean time ill get on the blower and check out possible dates with relevant rr places and photographer, would you guys prefer AVA or Hypertech for a rr location ? what month April / May ? or ?
    Mud Crail is the 8th March . As for the rr i prefer AVA, have read some disappointing reviews of Hypertech. Dastek at Dalgety Bay is another rr, April is good May not good at all.

http://www.trackscotland.co.uk/forum...opic.php?t=873

Post Thanks / Like

just thought i would say hi guys,im def up for meets up scotland and once the 5 is up on the road and im not away working off-shore,ill have a bit of the action please!!
    just thought i would say as noticed hardly any peeps in this thread were replying from scotland!!!!

majority of em are southerners !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Where is AVA in Scotland and roughly how far from newcastle?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MATT C Ringworm Tuning View Post
    Where is AVA in Scotland and roughly how far from newcastle?
    AVA is at the back of Glasgow Airport, Renfrewshire. 162 miles, 3hrs 10mins although i'm sure you could cut that down to around 2hrs. Depends where in Newcastle your coming from. I've posted that link not sure if it's gonna work.

http://www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp

Post Thanks / Like

No new interest since my last post, the Crail meet on the 8th March is just under two weeks away! I'm battling against the clock to get my car ready for the start of the racing season let alone Crail. But i'll still be there. If your up for it put your name down.

Rusty

Post Thanks / Like

bump

Post Thanks / Like

looks like its me and you Rusty

give me a bell in the next week and ill make some arrangements with you , went to tax my 5 and found out the mot was out getting this done the morra and hopefully getting this stiffy bracket finished next sat , then its back to ava to sort the boost prob , im confident ill be able to go to crail on the 8th

be nice if a few more peeps could make it up to crail, i was going to add it to the events page , but due to the lack of response here its hardly worth it

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be up for it mud, but I'm outside the Uk those dates. Maybe later in the year though

Post Thanks / Like

Im going to order the bits i need this wknd. if all goes well im going to fire up too.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Might take a trip over to crail on the 8th if all is well with the car be nice to see what a 5 is like going up the 1/4 mile cant say that i can ever remember seeing one at crail before.
    Nice car you have there Mudslinger bet that thing is like a rocket of the line

Post Thanks / Like

Daaaaaaamn I REALLY want to go but my five is SORNed at the minute and I wont be getting money in time for the 8th.

I might head up in the POS fiesta though just to meet some new faces.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pocket rocket View Post

Might take a trip over to crail on the 8th if all is well with the car be nice to see what a 5 is like going up the 1/4 mile cant say that i can ever remember seeing one at crail before.
    Nice car you have there Mudslinger bet that thing is like a rocket of the line
    not sure about off the line , but it will certainly shift once i get some traction , im still using the yoko tyres i bought over 7 years ago just dont have the cash the now to get new tyres or anything else for that matter

Be nice just to get a few timed practice runs to give me an idea what its going to be like , not sure how the gearbox/diff /driveshafts will handle it

Be nice to meet up again billy , im sure we if we all pulled together we could atleast have 1 decent meet a year in scotland

Post Thanks / Like

not sure about off the line , but it will certainly shift once i get some traction , im still using the yoko tyres i bought over 7 years ago just dont have the cash the now to get new tyres or anything else for that matter

Be nice just to get a few timed practice runs to give me an idea what its going to be like , not sure how the gearbox/diff /driveshafts will handle it

Be nice to meet up again billy , im sure we if we all pulled together we could atleast have 1 decent meet a year in scotland
    Definately mate. I'm back flying for a living again, and the company I'm with is bringing new types on line, so I'm out the country a lot overseeing/getting type rated on all that kit.

Give me a few months though untill it dies down, and we'll get a Scottish meet sorted.

It'd be awesome to see all the cars together and then have a beer at night

Post Thanks / Like

i would like to meet up but i have the same prob as mike , the 5 is sorn at the moment (credit crunch ) lol ,i can still head up tae see some faces and ad also like tae see your 5 on the 1/4 mud ,i was impreast at the rr day lol

Post Thanks / Like

If a Rolling Road day is organized , I'll definitely be there in the 5 .Crail is a winner as well just not on the 8th i have other commitments Billy G have you got that 5 of yours sorted yet yrrab nostaw you owe me a rematch on the strip, biatchhhhhhhhh
    Last edited by Barr's Irn-Bru; 28-02-2009 at 22:12.

Post Thanks / Like

Sitting in a warm garage mate, aint had time to play with it for weeks. Been abroad playing with some bigger kit!

Cant wait to get some proper time at home to get in around her again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barr's Irn-Bru View Post
    If a Rolling Road day is organized , I'll definitely be there in the 5 .Crail is a winner as well just not on the 8th i have other commitments Billy G have you got that 5 of yours sorted yet yrrab nostaw you owe me a rematch on the strip, biatchhhhhhhhh

brring it on gimp

Post Thanks / Like

Look what i missed having not been on for a few days! Mud i will give you buzz tonight, have been battling in to get the car ready and have the suspension off to fit the poly bushes, also got a cage off ebay for a £120 what a bargain just hope it fits ok. Need to call ava and see if i can get her in this week to get the fuelling sorted as its all over the place at the moment. Hopefully this Sunday is dry as last July when i was up there it was second gear launch in the pissing rain.