Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

FrenchFest July 14th, 2019 - Horsham, West Sussex

Hi all,
    I have been asked by the event organisers to assist them in creating a French car display/show for Horsham town center to celebrate Bastille Day on Sunday 14th July 2019. This will be a new event for the area. I hope to gather together a wide collection of interesting and varied French cars, spanning many years of production. This will be an eclectic event with a broad spectrum of vehicles. We would be after interesting, rare and classic show worthy examples that represent the scope of the French car industry. I hope that some of you would like to come and share your passion for your cars with the people of Horsham and surrounding areas.

Horsham is situated in the heart of West Sussex and the event would probably consist of a convoy into town followed by a static display in the ‘Carfax’ and a procession out and homeward. It would last from morning to afternoon. As the roads will be closed, once the participants are located they will need to stay for the duration.

This will be a great event and judging by previous Italian themed events organised (see link) and now a long standing Easter fixture it I will be well attended.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xXSmjEoqugQ.

I own a Renault Megane R26 F1, so will be attending in that. If you are interesting in attending please can you copy and paste the start of the list below and add your name and car/vehicle model to it so I can get an idea of numbers and vehicle type proposed. There will be limited space and as said, I’d like a wide variety of makes and models as much as possible.
    Many thanks, Ross Charman.

P.S. a list has already begun on the Facebook part of this Forum, I’ve transfered over names and cars of those already interested.

1) James Sargent - Renault 5 GT turbo - phase 2
    2) Ross Charman - Renault Megane R26 F1
    3) Glen Hodges - Renault Clio 1.8 20v Turbo hillclimb car.
    4) Vas Selvaratnam - Renault 5 drag car
    5) Lloyd Vaughan - Renault 21turbo
    6) Chris Aldred - Renault sport clio 172 mk2
    7) Nik Dobson - Renault 5 GT turbo phase 2
    8)
    9)

P.P.S. As spaces will be limited, I’d like a really wide selection of cars so that the general public can get a connection to the event, including cars that they may have owned and enjoyed in the past. Although saying that, it would be great to get some French Motorsport vehicle on display too

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: FrenchFest July 14th, 2019 - Horsham, West Sussex

If interested? Please copy and paste the list below into a new post (not quote) it will keep things ‘tidy’

This will allow me keep an eye on the number of vehicles and those interested - Many thanks, Ross.

1) James Sargent - Renault 5 GT turbo - phase 2
    2) Ross Charman - Renault Megane R26 F1
    3) Glen Hodges - Renault Clio 1.8 20v Turbo hillclimb car.
    4) Vas Selvaratnam - Renault 5 drag car
    5) Lloyd Vaughan - Renault 21turbo
    6) Chris Aldred - Renault sport clio 172 mk2
    7) Nik Dobson - Renault 5 GT turbo phase 2
    8)
    9)

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it's filling up Ross.
    Likes James5 liked this post

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Cole View Post
    Looks like it's filling up Ross.

After a single R5 Turbo for a day’s promo Tour around the Horsham District on the 24th March. Anyone fancy a fun day out?