Post Thanks / Like

E36 BMW 323i se, manual, saloon, M pack - spares or repair

Sad to be auctioning off my old 323i

All the details on eBay, just in case anyone here is interested:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1198499175

Post Thanks / Like

Re: E36 BMW 323i se, manual, saloon, M pack - spares or repair

Well, it sold at what is a reasonable bargain IMO at £361 to the highest (non-paying) bidder.

The tastefully-named 'takehimoutkillhim' has 5 feedback (and therefore nothing to lose), and despite me saying no bidders with less than 10 feedback, he bid anyway. Maybe it's my own fault, I decided not to delete his bid and just hoped that he wouldn't turn out to be the winner. But he did win and since then has fallen silent and no wonder, who would want to travel from Kent to Derby for a £350 car?

So let's see if the next bloke, who's getting a second chance offer at £351 was serious...

Post Thanks / Like

So the next bloke says he's bought another car since but will still buy mine for a lower price than his highest bid. Then, when I question his scruples, says he's not suggesting we should deal outside of eBay at all (but doesn't say how we might proceed otherwise).

It turns out (thanks to a chat to the customer support team), that in order to do it through ebay, I'd have to relist a buy it now at his offer price and in doing so incur listing fees.

So I've had to open up a non-paying report on the original twerp, in order that I can relist for free once the case is closed and then go round this sorry merry-go-round all over again.
    Last edited by Trevhib; 20-04-2013 at 12:56.

Post Thanks / Like

With the resolution centre report complete, I can now relist. Let's see what happens this time

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=261205909357

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks really nice that Trev. I used to have an E36 325i auto (see profile) and it was the best car I've ever owned. Is it not worth sticking 12 months ticket on it? Whenever I buy a cheap old car (which all my car ALWAYS are! ) that's what I look for.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Alex,

It might be worth MOT'ing but it wont increase the sale value much over what it's worth to break. If it needs work then all the more reason not to waste time/money doing so. If I were keeping it (as might a new owner decide to do), then it will definitely be worth an MOT as it's a lovely car to drive and own.

The reserve is at £250. If it makes that then I'll be happy to let it go to someone else for a bargain. The wheels/tyres are worth £200 on their own.
    Last edited by Trevhib; 26-04-2013 at 11:52.