Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 04-06-2011 National Day @ Mallory Park

Not really Phil, just I can see the club heading in one direction. And the aforementioned comment was said in general btw.

Has anything actually materialised from the lengthy discussion at last year's AGM? There were some really good points made, but from what I can see it's status quo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Not really Phil, just I can see the club heading in one direction. And the aforementioned comment was said in general btw.

Has anything actually materialised from the lengthy discussion at last year's AGM? There were some really good points made, but from what I can see it's status quo.
    Im hoping thats not the case, it my first national day. There seems to be alot of new members like myself who will be attending for the 1st time, who im sure will just be like me, like minded r5 lovers.

I read about the problems last year with litter, toilets and unsociable non members. If enough members turn up then happy days if not im sure the bad eggs can all be dealt with and told to watch themselves by our members.

Its also nice to have a bit of a mix out on track i think it spices things up as long as everyone respects the rules and the site and don't take the piss.

Im hoping its going to be a great day, good weather, no accidents and my car hold together .

phil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy View Post
    No sorry typo, should be Friday & Sat, now amended
    Hi Guys,

Just to confirm we have booked the RTOC National Day at Mammary Park for the 4th of June 2011. More details will follow shortly but it will be the usual setup.

Camping available for both Friday & Saturday Nights.
    Track action all day Saturday Exclusive to RTOC Members.

The schedule will be similar to last year see HERE, prices may change slightly.

Regards Ashy.

Post Thanks / Like

"Hey, those kind geezers from rtoc are hosting another £59 (or whatever it is) ND @ Mallory. Let's all blat down there in our motors, have a cheap as chips full day on track, (feck 'em, they'll be grateful for our money anyway!!!!1 lolololol), and rinse their club day & p1ss the members off in the process, roflmao!!!!one".

SPOT ON.. who booked this anyway was it big steve if so id like a chat with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone from the committee going to say no to non members this time? Seing tickets sold on the m3 forum was a joke aswell as Clio sport. If we only sell 5 tickets then let's go with 5 cars as long as they are all members and not coming for a cheap day out courtesy of OUR membership fees. Miller you need to step forward and say what's going on.

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

What directions that Mart?

I thought you had been speaking to Steve at the last curry meet, unfortunately its all been left too little too late for anything to be done for this years ND. As I said before any changes that you would like to make need to be considered and actions taken NOW for 2012 ND not waiting another 8 months and then hoping someone else will make it all happen for you.

I don't know what you mean by "from what I've seen it's status quo"?

All we have done is announce that ND this year is at Mallory on the 4th of June. This is to give members chance to book time off, make arrangements and make sure cars are ready in time.

We haven't said how the tickets will be sold, what % will be available to members / non members.

FYI, not that i'm sure why i'm trying to justify this to you, but the Committee have a list of 10+ points raised at the last AGM which we are currently working through to ensure we dont have a repeat of 2010 on our hands.

If you want to offer your help on the day then please step forward, if you just fancy a winge please do it somewhere else as it isn't helping.

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    Is anyone from the committee going to say no to non members this time? Seing tickets sold on the m3 forum was a joke aswell as Clio sport. If we only sell 5 tickets then let's go with 5 cars as long as they are all members and not coming for a cheap day out courtesy of OUR membership fees. Miller you need to step forward and say what's going on.
    Its a great Idea in principle, but we dont have enough membership fees coming in to cover this. If we just said if we only sell 5 tickets thats fine just have 5 cars on track, then we would lose about 6k on that one event. A hit like that on the accounts would mean we couldnt finance ND nor POD the following year.... We have to break even or make a small loss or we will end up with a ND like 2008 where we have a 1hr slot on the track at FCS.

Why do you need Miller to step forward and say whats going on, the committee have been keeping you upto date. Whats the problem?

Post Thanks / Like

There is no problem, but I don't think it was fair people offering our tickets on other forums. If somone wants to bring a friend along then that's great but seeing a fleet of cars gatecrashing is not. I mentioned miller because he is the chairman.

Post Thanks / Like

What directions that Mart?

I thought you had been speaking to Steve at the last curry meet, unfortunately its all been left too little too late for anything to be done for this years ND. As I said before any changes that you would like to make need to be considered and actions taken NOW for 2012 ND not waiting another 8 months and then hoping someone else will make it all happen for you.

I don't know what you mean by "from what I've seen it's status quo"?

All we have done is announce that ND this year is at Mallory on the 4th of June. This is to give members chance to book time off, make arrangements and make sure cars are ready in time.

We haven't said how the tickets will be sold, what % will be available to members / non members.

FYI, not that i'm sure why i'm trying to justify this to you, but the Committee have a list of 10+ points raised at the last AGM which we are currently working through to ensure we dont have a repeat of 2010 on our hands.

If you want to offer your help on the day then please step forward, if you just fancy a winge please do it somewhere else as it isn't helping.
    Whinge? It was asking a question - "Has anything actually materialised from the lengthy discussion at last year's AGM?"

You're right, you don't have to justify anything to me, but given that none of the issues raised at the AGM/way of resolving them has (yet) been posted on the boards, 6 months down the line, I assumed it was dead & buried, hence the question I asked, and thus, the SQ comment, based on the fact none of us have heard diddly since.

Fair enough, I guess it's coincidence that I bring up the subject out of the blue, yet unbeknown to me, the Committee are also working through a '10+ points' issue list...

As for the 'helping out' comment, I've repeatedly offered to help, to no avail. Why wouldn't I, given the number of years I've been in the club, and don't want to see it potentially fade away to nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

As for the 'helping out' comment, I've repeatedly offered to help, to no avail. Why wouldn't I, given the number of years I've been in the club, and don't want to see it potentially fade away to nothing.
    Btw, did Steve mention about my EasyTrack/BookaTrack block-booking/ND venue idea?

I've already put the wheels in motion, IF the club wanted to take that direction...

Post Thanks / Like

you must be in a ****in dream world lad u sound like u sound like u have about as much business sense as my 5 year old.......your the ****in joke lad and now everyone knows it....

Post Thanks / Like

There is no problem, but I don't think it was fair people offering our tickets on other forums. If somone wants to bring a friend along then that's great but seeing a fleet of cars gatecrashing is not. I mentioned miller because he is the chairman.
    a fleet of cars wtf u on about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing that was mentioned was only members buying one ticket at discounted rate. Tickets wiill be collected from track side, wristbands put on and done so they cant be swapped (also wrostbands being checked by mallory staff)

personally i think tickets sold to non members, should be sold at a high mark up.... but the club does need the numbers to help the kitty :-) no system is perfect... just trying to make the best of the track day...

However i do think that the club should look into venues for 2012 now ( but venues are hard to get that tick all the box's )

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    One thing that was mentioned was only members buying one ticket at discounted rate. Tickets wiill be collected from track side, wristbands put on and done so they cant be swapped (also wrostbands being checked by mallory staff)

personally i think tickets sold to non members, should be sold at a high mark up.... but the club does need the numbers to help the kitty :-) no system is perfect... just trying to make the best of the track day...

However i do think that the club should look into venues for 2012 now ( but venues are hard to get that tick all the box's )
    Counldnt agree more mate. this club is great but its not going to move forward if members are going to have heated debates with one onther. this club is not as big as the likes of rsoc ie. they have a lot more members and money. so they can go to tracks like donington park and silverstone. with the money this club has got it does really well.

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Whinge? It was asking a question - "Has anything actually materialised from the lengthy discussion at last year's AGM?"
    It was worded as if you were having a whige Mart... If it wasn't meant to be it certainly came across like that from this side of the keyboard.

You're right, you don't have to justify anything to me, but given that none of the issues raised at the AGM/way of resolving them has (yet) been posted on the boards, 6 months down the line, I assumed it was dead & buried, hence the question I asked, and thus, the SQ comment, based on the fact none of us have heard diddly since.
    What would you like us to say, points were made all of which have been noted and we are working through ideas of how to stop it happeneing again. I don't know what sort of feedback the members expect but the proof of the work going on in the background can be judged on the sucsess or failure of ND 2011.

Fair enough, I guess it's coincidence that I bring up the subject out of the blue, yet unbeknown to me, the Committee are also working through a '10+ points' issue list...
    Not really a coincidence, its all come about because we have just anounced that we've booked Mallory for ND. Booking it has prompted us to review the issues raised at the last ND AGM and it has also prompted this thread and your question.

Nice one, thanks, we will be looking for people to check wristbands at the pit exit in 30min / 1hr slots throughout the day so we will add your name to the list. No-one wants this club to faid away to nothing mate so at least we agree on something

Post Thanks / Like

All the points raised from last year are being considered but not all are necessarily valid or workable .
    Changes will be made ,ticket sales procedure/allocation and pricing being the major one .
    Give the CM's a few weeks to decide a way forward then we can all have a discussion on whether it suits the majority of members before we put the tickets on sale .Nothing is ever set in stone ................

Post Thanks / Like

It was worded as if you were having a whige Mart... If it wasn't meant to be it certainly came across like that from this side of the keyboard.
    I think you (should) know me well enough by now to differentiate between a whinge & a comment/question.

What would you like us to say, points were made all of which have been noted and we are working through ideas of how to stop it happeneing again. I don't know what sort of feedback the members expect but the proof of the work going on in the background can be judged on the sucsess or failure of ND 2011.
    That's cool mate, nice one. As I said, I was just pointing out that nothing had been posted about it on the boards for all to see, hence how was we/I supposed to know there was going to be any change(s)/issues being resolved in the background?

Nice one, thanks, we will be looking for people to check wristbands at the pit exit in 30min / 1hr slots throughout the day so we will add your name to the list. No-one wants this club to faid away to nothing mate so at least we agree on something
    I'm sure we agree on a lot more things club related - Just sometimes it doesn't come across that way.

And I don't mind checking the wristbands at all

There we go, everyone's a happy bunny

Btw, you didn't reply to my last post

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

is this the full weekend? ..or is it just saturday? ...as it clashes with French Car Show for me ...i ideally want to be at both

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday is National day .
    We have camping at Mallory for Friday and Sat night , FCS is about an hours drive from there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bass J View Post
    is this the full weekend? ..or is it just saturday? ...as it clashes with French Car Show for me ...i ideally want to be at both
    Surely the clue's in the title

Post Thanks / Like

i hope the the sun is out this time, not only for the track time but also the campers on the top of the huge hill...................just booked travel lodge £19.50.... sweet...........

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorted! ....now here's the question ..would you mind if my clio club attended ..purely for camping? ..cos we want to attend both

Post Thanks / Like

Still discussing................ but I think the general view is that it will be priced higher for non and new members

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok kool ...i dont think they will be doing track time tho ..just attending thought id kill two birds with one stone ..national day and fcs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eugein Offord View Post
    i hope the the sun is out this time, not only for the track time but also the campers on the top of the huge hill...................just booked travel lodge £19.50.... sweet...........
    Which one Eug?

Post Thanks / Like

Which one Eug?
    .....says mart...scared of a little windy wet tent erection!!
    £19.50 eugein the magician thats beer money!!!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive been a member of RTOC for seven years and have attended every National day since then,the last three years i have attended in clios i must admit last year what with the weather and a few extra non members it was a bit mad but all the same it was all good with everyone getting on.This scale of event you are not going to please everyone THATS LIFE if theres a problem with me attending in a clio i will not attend if it upsets members but there are a number of members now who have other cars so where does leave things to keep a happy clubPS I LOVE RTOC

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw, did Steve mention about my EasyTrack/BookaTrack block-booking/ND venue idea?

I've already put the wheels in motion, IF the club wanted to take that direction...
    No harm in looking into it, when you have more details let us know (Through Steve) and we'll see if its workable. You looking into it for 2012?

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Tell you what tho, how cool would a precession of 50+ Reno Turbos all turning up to FCS together!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Tell you what tho, how cool would a precession of 50+ Reno Turbos all turning up to FCS together!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bod 182 View Post
    Ive been a member of RTOC for seven years and have attended every National day since then,the last three years i have attended in clios i must admit last year what with the weather and a few extra non members it was a bit mad but all the same it was all good with everyone getting on.This scale of event you are not going to please everyone THATS LIFE if theres a problem with me attending in a clio i will not attend if it upsets members but there are a number of members now who have other cars so where does leave things to keep a happy clubPS I LOVE RTOC
    I think it was more aimed at the blatant sale of tickets as a cheap trackday on other forums Bod, not actaul members turning out in different cars.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Would be awesome! ..as my clubclio club are convoy'n to FCS on the sunday morning would be cool to see a flood of renaults

Post Thanks / Like

that would be awesome

Post Thanks / Like

Not as cool as 500+ Renault Turbos turning up to Mallory Park

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post
    Not as cool as 500+ Renault Turbos turning up to Mallory Park
    500 r5's an 2 evo's....

Post Thanks / Like

r5 mafia strikes again

Post Thanks / Like

Which one Eug?
    To stay at:Leicester Hinckley Road
    Arriving:03 Jun 2011
    And leaving:04 Jun 2011
    Staying in aouble room (Non-smoking)
    Room Cost:£19.50
    Room Extras:
    Total room cost:£19.50

thats 4 friday night i might stay saturday, not sure yet......

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/

mallory post code is LE9 7QE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J$£5GTT View Post
    500 r5's an 2 evo's....
    500 r5s an 2 evo`s and a seat toledo

Post Thanks / Like

I think the mentioning of R5's turning up is abit misleading, we seem to forget we are a Renault Turo club so that does include any other Renault with a turbo attached.
    If the track was filled with members R5 gt turbo's, Gordini's, Turbo 2's, 11 turbo', 9 turbo's, megane turbo's, Twingo turbo's, Clio turbo's, etc, thats what the club is about Renault turbo's and i think most people in the club would show abit more interest.
    I'll be honest seeing an M3 or MX5 fly round just doesn't interest me one bit.

What got me last year is what Car Crash talked about ealrier, the selling of tickets on other clubs and non members just using it as a blantent excuse to use our day as a cheap track day with no interest with what the club is about.

If we don't get enough members on track then maybe its time to look at something else then for Nat Day, if that case and most don't want to throw there car round a track so maybe different options need to be looked at.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post

If we don't get enough members on track then maybe its time to look at something else then for Nat Day, if that case and most don't want to throw there car round a track so maybe different options need to be looked at.
    good point................ ................

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Big piss up and a chat about renaults springs to mind maybe with a bit of camping and random burning of anything to hand and plenty of loud music till the early hours of the morning BANG TIDY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bod 182 View Post
    Big piss up and a chat about renaults springs to mind maybe with a bit of camping and random burning of anything to hand and plenty of loud music till the early hours of the morning BANG TIDY
    So thats every Nat Day so far then!

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly, if the tickets aren't selling it's for a reason. What happened to all the ideas from the old ND thread? Maybe now is a good time to start looking at options for 2012 & get some ideas out there, check out possibilities & then a public vote ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eugein Offord View Post
    good point................ ................

it was not national day but who would agree that pod was more a success?
    maybe that was because it was hot and sunny,was a very good time time tho,
    lots of 5's,loads of room....

agree its not a track just a quarter mile blast..but as far as the after party...

Post Thanks / Like

agree its not a track just a quarter mile blast..but as far as the after party...

I agree.

For some reason it just attracts more people.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly what I mentioned in a previous thread about alternative ND ideas.

At least the question of whether we keep returning to Mallory each year is now starting to be chewed on by others...

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

We are doing both again... As mentioned before we lost our weekend slot at POD the year Bruce took over and we changed our ND to Bruntingthorpe.

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    Exactly, if the tickets aren't selling it's for a reason. What happened to all the ideas from the old ND thread? Maybe now is a good time to start looking at options for 2012 & get some ideas out there, check out possibilities & then a public vote ???
    Did I not say that in posts 9 and 56, I ain't saying it again.

I'm sure Big Steve will be looking into this in detail for 2012 so pass your ideas to him to collate them all.

One of the big problems with ticket sales is the majority of RTOC members wait until the last min to buy tickets, whether its becasue they don't want to spend £50.00 in case it rains or their cars not ready or maybe they need to save up I don't know. But it gets a bit worrying when your a month from the event and you've sold a handful of tickets. This is usually the trigger to offer the spare tickets to other clubs.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what Miller thinks.... oh hang on, he doesn't frequent the boards enough to know

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly what I mentioned in a previous thread about alternative ND ideas.

At least the question of whether we keep returning to Mallory each year is now starting to be chewed on by others...
    sounds like a thread on the last pod only nat day about 5 years ago.... a change is as good as a rest................

weve done pod...... weve almost done mallory...........croft....well.. no merci....i think some thing new??????????????? europe.................aka spa

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure Big Steve will be looking into this in detail for 2012 so pass your ideas to him to collate them all
    Is Steve organising the 2012 ND?