Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brands Hatch trackday, Friday 5th Feb'

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    If i dont cough/bleed to death eug ile see you at 6.30ish make sure you ring from jnct 8!
    See you boys tomorrow, I'll be in the "spirit of Ol' Trusty" AKA the Golf Gti be good to see you chaps again! Its been along time!

South West Regional Rep Alastair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Disaster averted... for now! Just went to put the 5 on the trailer and there was a horrid knocking sound coming through the steering column... rear engine mount had either not been tight enough or popped the thread, and the exhaust was hitting the steering rack, i thought it was game over for tomorrow but ive got a work around that should last till lunch tomorrow...

See you all there, Eugine if your in the garage first you've got to get the kettle on fella Time to get a Scoff rear mount...!

Non-member Matt@CodeRedMotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So far all the cups are still running, still early....
    a mini cooper s expired on the start/finish straight, infact it hit the gantry.... Oops!

Post Thanks / Like

Gutted i couldn't make it, i will get to drive on Brands this year at some point

Post Thanks / Like

I planned to go...I'd been looking forward to it for ages aswell...damn my itchy-tinkering-fingers

Post Thanks / Like

im hoping to get out of here at 2ish to pop down and spectate but its looking bleak tbh

any 1 geting any piks ?

Post Thanks / Like

I hear Nicks span out!! hope his cars ok.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

im gunna be there at 2ish... i got me camera ready. haha..

Post Thanks / Like

im still at the testing station. grrr guted i couldnt make it down

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got home... Great Day out!!

Overall Marshall's were spot on, calming people down, quiet words here and there & being helpfull about cars...

Jesus's Cup - Ran very well, although ran out of fuel, Got on slicks for the first time and jesus loved the,

Krisy M's Cup - Ran well, exhuast had to be replaced after coming off, slight overfueling/dirty fuel issue's & to top it off slight oil leak but good day.

Eugiens Cup - Ran well all day, slight fuel leak/fuel seen coming from the car ended play early, also got called in when a Marshall "heard" a bolt coming of the car... turned out to be alternator bolt.

Alistar's Car- Ran very well all day, a very quick a car and well paced around track!

Matt5's Clio mk1 2.0 on bike carbs - Ran well, could have done with fresh brake pads, some good speed and time's on track, the bike carbs are a very good conversion and very tempting.

Mr Beans Clio 1*2 - Ran well on track, was in 3rd gear most of the time!

Nick's Clio Williams - Ran well, the only car i didnt get a passenger lap bar Eugien's. He had a minor spin and got blacked flagged because it happened under a yellow flag but nothing serious.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got in. Blowing the froth off a beer at the moment. Was fun today. Nice to meet the RTOC people.
    Big thanks to Dave Clark. Need to get you and Oli out there fella!!

Post Thanks / Like

....over 100 laps in the Clio today....

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

gutted i couldnt be there today..... fingers crossed for next time...

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to catch up with some familiar faces today chaps =] [+ meeting some new ones].

Track cleared and kris & jesus seemed to be loving the slicks out on track. Would be interesting to see what tyre pressures would be ideal for those formula renault tyres mind. [technical perv anyone? ]

Should have taken the Saxo down but meh, i really want my turbo ax done now its been long enough as it is. The trackday/meet has given me motivation again to crack on

Alistairs car looked quick out on track!

Feel sorry for the guy with the black mini cooper, was his first time out on track - with 380bhp through the front wheels ?!

Took 300+ pictures , some will turn out crap no doubt but im sure i got some good ones of you guys out on track =]

When brigsy pops round with the camera i'll get them lashed up. Keep your eyes peeled chaps.

Nice to meet you all again =]

Roll on national day!

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Right , where do i start?, had an absolute epic time, RTOC were there in big numbers.., it was flippin ace to meet some of the old crew and so many new friends, what a great effort made by all...The cup went extremely well only to cough and splutter around the last bend into the paddock gagging for fuel...., bloody internal tank with no gauge..., got to say a big thanks to all whomb helped me over the course and build up to get there in time, firstly krissey for allways helping and travelling to mine when needed , secondly to Al` for giving us a hand whenever needed , thirdly to briggs {the carb queen..."jessop"} for passengering on the day and help setting the fuel with the lm1 and gauging just what boost the cars running {16psi} and lastly penfold for bringing the slicks down for me and generally helping on the day. The track was awsome and very interesting in places i must say , hats off to all whomb attended and those who couldnt make it.., also a sneeky thanks to matt5, cheers for the ride....., also ta for the feet , something to do on sunday...{thanks to al bringing the seats!}.
    Anyone get any pics , iwas so busy trying to get laps in and fuel etc i never took one snap..., Bloody brilliant chap, the only downside was i had to reverse the trailer with the car on it down a massive farm track at 11pm in the pitch black.
    Was bloody ace to see all you lovely people , had a flippin ace time.....

Post Thanks / Like

Well, what can i say...Any absoloutly brilliant day for me !

The old cup went really well for the first time since ive owned it. Finally managed to solve the missfire porblems ive been having. Still afew small issues to sort but nothing too major. Was brilliant hammering round paddock hill bend at full chat with the slicks on ! , Il definatly be going back to brands. It was very well organised with good marshalling and good track standards most of the time

Nice to see that other peoples cars from RTOC went well with no issues aswell, i have to say thanks to Alistair for afew passenger laps...what a car mate !, youve built a cracker there, never thought a renault 5 could go round corners like that

Im glad that Jesus`s cup also had its problems ironed out and had another pretty succsesful day

Also , big thanks to Brigsy ( + others ) who helped me sort out afew problems, and was also really nice to meet some new RTOC faces and also the regulars

Heres afew pictures i took of the three "coupes" together at the end of the day

Roll on the next RTOC trackday i say

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php...ictureid=10250

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php...ictureid=10251

Post Thanks / Like

How much are 'Cup' cars going for nowadays?

I've got the space to keep one on a trailer, might look into it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    How much are 'Cup' cars going for nowadays?

I've got the space to keep one on a trailer, might look into it

Its finding one for sale, I paid £1200 last year for mine, & that included 2 or 3 sets of cup rims,perspex window's & some other odd's and sod's.

All i have done is get the rad fan working, change oil & filter+ leads & plugs. Put some slicks on, put the bucket seats in and fitted the perspex.

I think Jesus paid around £2-2500 for his cup, unsure how much Krisy M's cup car was.

The problem is once you get a cup car you tend to hold onto them, I would much rather buy a cheap 5 and strip it out and make a dedicated track car out of it... the only main difference is cup cars tend to suffer less rust, where as road car's tend to be suffer less accident damage on the road's...

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I did think about building a track slag, like Marky Mark Campus and Big Dans Scraps...I've got enough parts to do that

I would like a Cup car, you seem to get a lot for the money if you can sniff out a good car

Post Thanks / Like

I paid £1500 for mine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Well, I did think about building a track slag, like Marky Mark Campus and Big Dans Scraps...I've got enough parts to do that

I would like a Cup car, you seem to get a lot for the money if you can sniff out a good car
    You can buy all the cup car bits easily & as you have said you have alot of bits to build a track car... only main difference on cup cars are
    Roll Cage (be it Devil or SafetyDevice)
    Devil Strut Brace(you have one already)
    Decarbon Suspension (you can buy decarbon from Sam Fish) + Alot of cup cars run different suspension now..
    Cup Rims (rare but available from Sam Fish)
    Campus Filler pipe
    Thicker Rear Torsion Bar's (although some cup car's dont have them)
    Baffled sump (available from Sam Fish, CGB etc)
    Brake Ducts (Easy to replicate & do work well)
    I am sure there are a few otehr difference's but there the main things..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kris M View Post
    I paid £1500 for mine
    not a bad price at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Money wise I'm not so concerned at the moment.

Chris, I'd get all, if not most of that jazz with a Cup car

I'll look into it

Post Thanks / Like

Class day out, cheers for the passenger laps all Good rtoc turnout.

Good to see all the cup cars running with no major headaches

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessop View Post
    Would be interesting to see what tyre pressures would be ideal for those formula renault tyres mind. [technical perv anyone? ]
    Calling Duncan Grier, Calling Duncan Grier!!!

He's the one for tyre pressures!!

Trader
    Trackaction-Online

Post Thanks / Like

We had a great day out at Brands, a wet start with one unfortunate casualty (car, not driver!) but only three red flags all day, very little queueing and great behaviour on track from all the drivers. We had everything from Porsches to Peugeots and Skylines to Minis out there and all going very well indeed!

I'd forgotten just how steep Paddock Hill is!

Big thanks to all the guys that came along for making it such a good day, if anyone wants to get some more Trackaction don’t forget we are at Cadwell on March 26th and we will be drifting at Oulton on March 13th, threads are on here or shout up for booking info to get the club discount!

Cheers

Steve H
    Trackaction-Online

Post Thanks / Like

Mr Beans Clio 172 - Ran well on track, was in 3rd gear most of the time!

well Chris 3rd gear worked perfect with the power band! even tho we had a few hairy moments trying out the rumble strips

was nice catch up on all the gossip and see the usual faces some really fast cars out there alisters car especially quick out on track, well worth the money MANY THANKS TRACK ACTION ONLINE hardly any waiting in pit

on the way home had a few problems with the clio with my wheels deciding to come loose on the M25 i think a lesson learnt here with a final check b4 i leave a trackday

got plenty of pics will upload as soon as i dig out the usb lead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kris M View Post
    I paid £1500 for mine
    T-Cup was £380

It was a good day out, well done to everyone who made it. It was nice to get around some working Renault 5's again, and it made me realise the thing I miss most about mine - The smell! I'd never really noticed it before, but the smell of a hot Renault 5 after a good hard blast is, well, lovely!

Would be interesting to see what tyre pressures would be ideal for those formula renault tyres mind. [technical perv anyone? ]
    I said on the day when Matt was fitting his, the cup manual advises 26psi all round. As Big Steve says though, Grier's the man to ask

Post Thanks / Like

To my suprise, i was going to brands to support a few minis we have worked on, Then i started seeing cup cars all over.

Great to see you guys giving it large. I was in a couple of the mini's following and over taking you. he he

Was also good to catch up and meet some of you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenobi View Post
    I hear Nicks span out!! hope his cars ok.

It was a quality spin too!! I was'nt in a yellow flag zone when i lost it but ploughed the grass nicely and ended up in the yellow zone when it finally stopped . Got red flaged!! All in all a great day out, Did £70 in fuel and the Megane F7R transplant in the Clio stayed in one piece. Met all the usual suspects Alastairs 5 is something else on track Awesome. M's Cup went well until the cabinet started filling up with exhaust gases and smoke!! Just opened a window and did'nt stop but had a eye on the fire extingisher just incase Bring on the next track day

Post Thanks / Like

great day..............................

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my bunch of pictures taken on the day. Thereare 300+ so you'll have to have a look through to pick your faves ! Feel free to post up your faves =]

Album is HERE: http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p...ds%20feb%2010/

Three wheels here!! =]

Cheers

South West Regional Rep Alastair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what a great day! So good to see such a good RTOC turn out of not only cars but spectators too. Lots of old faces around and great to meet new people too!

There are a few good sotories to be had, especially Jessop naming Brigsy the 'Carb Queen' LOL , and he's also taken some stonking photos! Thanks mate! Love the KrissyM close up .

As for the Cup cars, they all performed well with only the odd hickup here and there, and really good to see everyone diving in to help out where they could! They really do fly with slicks on! The Clios and Citreon were great and were constantly out on track. Lots of other tasty machinery out on track and manners were really good standfast a couple of the Skyline crowd who didnt like being overtaken by little R5s, especially with their girlfriends in the car - did you know they dont come fitted with mirrors?

Shame about the mini that stacked it first thing though, glad he was OK though.

Huge Jeans thanks for the space in the Garage, good to meet you and your Bro

As for me, i killed 4 R888, £70+ on fuel, and had a close shave with the gravel at the bottom of Paddock Hill Bend (with the instructor in the car - egging me on LOL). Had a fantastic time and the car didnt let me down although the brakes need more of a bleed!

I had a passenger pretty much all the time too which was great, nice to get some feedback and advice from people after, was funny to see some people hanging onto the roll cage and pressing the imaginary brake pedal only to get the navigators horn footswitch instead .

Jesus, Kris and I created a stir on the M25 / M4 with the convoy, lots of thumbs up was nice to see. I made it back to Plymouth at about half past midnight totally knackered! All in all a great day, great people and great weather too. Let's do it again soon!

Post Thanks / Like

does any one have the link to the days photographer?? please...........

Post Thanks / Like

hi Eug, the company was www.xtremesportsphotography.net but their website is down, you`l need to email them direct at info@xtremesportsphotgraphy.net

Post Thanks / Like

thanks kris..............................................

its now all about the cadwell on the 26th of march....................
    Last edited by Eugein Offord; 09-02-2010 at 19:03.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eugein Offord View Post

its now all about the cadwell on the 25th of march....................

Yep cadwell will be good i'll be fit for this one wooooooooooooooooo watch out theres a jerpa comming through

Trader
    Trackaction-Online

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you meant 26th March, not 25th

LOOK!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eugein Offord View Post

its now all about the cadwell on the 26th of march....................
    i wont be making cadwell as i previously booked a track day @ Llandow for £45.00 on the next day, it would be a bit manic to do both...., count me in for any others gang.....sorry.

Trader
    Trackaction-Online

Post Thanks / Like

Shame you won't be able to make it Jesus but look forward to seeing you again on another one instead.

Would the guys who are planning on coming to Cadwell please post up on the thread and I'll send you the booking info.

Ta

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

jesus cant make it as he's secretly fueling the rowan atkinson up for more boost to shock us all at national day

Wont be too long before he's in need of the carb queen... or springing oil leaks and needs king el mastixo

Post Thanks / Like

jesus cant make it as he's secretly fueling the rowan atkinson up for more boost to shock us all at national day

Wont be too long before he's in need of the carb queen... or springing oil leaks and needs king el mastixo
    , all hail the king and queen..., shame ill not be making cadwell, if ya do go , have fun guys , cheers steve, ill be @ the next event for sure..., hopefully with more fuel..., a few lttle things to do here and there and we should be getting somewhere with the car....