PDA

View Full Version : the ones that got away

mightymanx
03-09-2009, 13:21
got this idea from another forum am a member of
have you had any cars in the past that you went to see or seen in a garage etc or the paper and at the time didnt go look at them or chase them up but now wish you had got it i will start.
years ago when i wernt really into renaults.
i had a garage about 20 mile from my house were i kept my car.
across the road in a garage that was rarely open was a funny looking old 5
didnt take much notice of it because at the time didnt no what it was.
and never seen the garage open again till years alter then i seen the funny 5 again
then realised it was a renault 5 gordini turbo i had a look at it and it was in good condition etc.
knocked on the door but no 1 was home.
so i thought ill ask him in a few days next time i was up there i went up knocked on the door again and asked what he was doing with the gordini.
he told me it had gone to the scrap yard the day before and it had been a excellent runner just got rid of it because he didnt have the time for it said i could have took it for 50£ i was gutted:sad2:
then about the same time in the local paper i seen a renault 5 turbo 2 for 600£
didnt no what it was so didnt even bother foneing up about it.
then years later i realised what it was never seen 1 on the road over here tho so always wonder what happened to it.
so they are my 2 i wish i had got them cars has any 1 else got similar stories?

UNICRONICUS
03-09-2009, 14:53
No, apart from I wish I hadn't sold/scrapped a couple of my previous cars, e.g. 1987 VW Jetta GTi, GTT :cry:

dave r5
03-09-2009, 16:34
missed out an a lancia delta inter garalie.

that was such a shame needed wrk but wuda bin a minter

raj
03-09-2009, 18:45
back in the days when i used to walk back from school i used to see a spanker of a phase 1 gtt in white with the unpainted white bumpers, it was owned by an OLLLD lady and she just used to pootle around in it. i wanted it BADD:cooter: so i asked my pops to buy it, went round to find the house empty:cry: they had moved away:sad:

Junglist
03-09-2009, 18:54
my bro used to have an old astra gte (mk 1 i think, the boxy one with i think recaro seats )down our drive , got it scrapped :crap: , was a nice car too.

i saw one last month in Germany minter also in the same week an opel manta , and yesterday a lancia delta on the autobahn ,
i guess they will all be going back in their garages now till next summer:crap:

tiff_lee
03-09-2009, 19:29
I used to have a mini clubman with a custom chassis and subframes, had a 2 litre pinto lump in it with a vauxhall chevette rear axel. Needed loads of work doing to restore it to its former glory, mum and her :jerkoff: fella scrapped it while I was in Africa.

Chris Hebden
03-09-2009, 20:25
No, apart from I wish I hadn't sold/scrapped a couple of my previous cars, e.g. 1987 VW Jetta GTi, GTT :cry:

:agree: :( My first car a Mk2 fiesta loved that car :sad2: sold it on to a mate who trashed it

price82
03-09-2009, 20:35
my 205 gti

managed to roll it and had to scrap it gutted!!!!!!!!!!!!