PDA

View Full Version : John P`s old white 5

r5 rich
02-09-2009, 20:15
This is my latest purchase, I was going to get my clio turbo on the road but this come up and I had to jump on it and use as my runaround. I later found out it was an old members car by the name of John P in 2007 when it was sold to a friend of mine Dan. The car hadn`t been used much and was just sitting in a barn so after a few text messages I arranged a viewing and bought it as it has ALOT of history and love on it but in the past few months has been forgotten about.

After shifting through the old paperwork I come across a rolling road print out of 214 bhp and 215 lb/ft not so long ago and to be honest it the fastest 5 I have owned to date and always puts a smile on my face;)

spec below:

Full engine build by Torsion Tuning including:

Lightened and balanced bottom end
Lightened and balanced flywheel
Low compression pistons
Piper cam
Vernier pully
Uprated valve springs
Polished/ported head
Uprated head gasket and bolts ,
BB tuning generation 4 hybrid turbo
Braided turbo oil feed
Pace charge cooler
GT Tuning spider valve (9 - 20 psi)
Re jetted carb
BB high pressure fuel pump
Cup mod ,
Large Green air filter and breather filter
Uprated engine mounts
Magnecore leads
NGK spark plugs
Kevlar turbo heat shield
Copper core rad
Low temp fan switch
Low temp thermostat
New wiring loom
Perc fan removed
Full set of SFS silicone hoses (blue)
K Tec lobster style alloy carb elbow
Rocker cover painted white
Engine block painted blue
K Tec 2.5 inch downpipe
Custom made 2.5 inch exhaust with 4 inch tailpipe
Uprated clutch

These are the only pics I have at the moment from another site but I will get some up to date soon!!

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=794&pictureid=8294

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=794&pictureid=8298
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=794&pictureid=8303

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=794&pictureid=8297

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=794&pictureid=8302

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=794&pictureid=8300

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=794&pictureid=8301

Ricardo
02-09-2009, 20:28
As per my texts yesterday John P is a top bloke, spent good money on it and looked after it really well when we owned it. A very good purchase Rich :cool:

Old skool Hocks FTW :)

r5 rich
02-09-2009, 20:30
As per my texts yesterday John P is a top bloke, spent good money on it and looked after it really well when we owned it. A very good purchase Rich :cool:

Old skool Hocks FTW :)

i was going to put the oz wheels from the clio on but I don`t think it would look right, I love the style of it and its an old skool rim with an old skool car plus the wheels are in pretty good nick!!

gtmatt
02-09-2009, 20:50
that is a very nice white five take care of her :) what a great buy

The new Bill J
02-09-2009, 21:00
As per my texts yesterday John P is a top bloke, spent good money on it and looked after it really well when we owned it.

I'll second that. John was a good lad, and it was a good car when I last saw it :agree:

r5 rich
02-09-2009, 21:07
I'll second that. John was a good lad, and it was a good car when I last saw it :agree:

it still is a good car, just not really been used since it was sold on, needs a good service, carb sorting out, new brakes, passenger side sticker residue removed and a few touch ups and a very good clean!

Bigfoot
02-09-2009, 21:48
What happened to John S with his 5? Both were very nice 5s

Ricardo
02-09-2009, 22:06
Blimey John spent thousands on his tungy 5, full inside out respray, EFI, the works. Pretty sure he sold up and bought a 182. He didn't take the car out much

Bigfoot
02-09-2009, 22:33
I remember the santa pod national day (4 years ago) when he took it up there, couldn't have his windows open as he decided to remove the roof lining in the car and was flexing too much.

markey b
02-09-2009, 23:13
was john from essex way? if so i think that my old rollcage!

Bigfoot
02-09-2009, 23:29
Yes John was from Colchester

markey b
03-09-2009, 00:19
awesome! he came down to pick up my cage, it was in the car when he arrived so he helped my pull it out. when i sold it it had the front section too... he may still have that

Penfold aka The Dealer
03-09-2009, 06:59
:)I beleive the Grey 5's efi engine was removed & sold to newbstar from hernebay.

philg
03-09-2009, 08:24
how much did you pay for the car if you dont mind me asking?

phil

r5 rich
03-09-2009, 10:32
how much did you pay for the car if you dont mind me asking?

phil

not letting the cat out the bag but it was a good buy after shifting through all the receipts and history of it all;)

r5 rich
04-09-2009, 13:54
can anyone give me any information on what the turbo is being a BB tuning generation 4 hybrid turbo?

r5 rich
05-09-2009, 11:30
As of last night I made the trip to Aylsbury to drop the 5 off to Markey Marks home so the work could start.

It is having a full service and check over plus some small bits done to it to make it running sweet.

Brake pads are ordered which are ferodo ds2500 on the front and ferodo performance on the rear with some CRN grooved front and rear discs if they answer their phone so I can order:sad2:

r5 rich
17-09-2009, 22:19
Right now the car is in Marks hands we have come across a few more problems when i thought it was a simple case of new brakes and pads, good service and thats it.

Mark removed the head to find that it has warped so its been sent off for a skim and pressure test and hopefully it will come back clear.

The CRN discs have finally turned up when they were suppose to head to Mark they turned up at mine so they will be sent over with the new exhaust system to be fitted as the other is a custom made without any exhaust clamps so it will be cut and replaced with a scorpion exhaust for now to stop the knocking on the rear beam!

>Carbs also coming off to be cleaned as it was idling all over the place
>Boost gauge made to fit correctly in a new housing so it doesn`t fly out when on boost:laugh:
>Oil pressure gauge hopefully made to work
>Clean the engine bay best we can due to the amount of **** and crap in it from sitting in the barn

c5 swh
18-09-2009, 18:56
Very nice looking 5:agree::cool:

Dont suppose you could have a look for a part number on the green cotton airfilter its got?

r5 rich
23-09-2009, 13:26
Got some campus sealed rear windows for this aswell now so once its back I can change them over:)

r5 rich
27-09-2009, 14:33
UPDATE!

Head is back on the car and water is pressuring correctly and its running sweet as a nut! Idling is spot on again aswell.

All that is left to do is fit the new pads and discs and the exhaust system and I will collecting it next Sat with anyluck.

I have missed not having boost in my life:cool:

Once it is back I will be giving it a good clean, polish, residue off the drivers side where the stick was, campus rear windows in and a good boost down the road:laugh:

r5 rich
03-10-2009, 15:05
Well after a little bit of a hiccup this morning I have finally got my car back and to put it this way it was worth the wait!!!

The car pulls like a train all the way round and is an animal even at 17 psi and it has put the biggest smile on my face!

Mark what can I say you have worked your magic again to get it running sweet and to how it should be. Big thanks to Paul aswell (hydrotec78) for getting the car ready for the road aswell!

BRING ON THE POD!!:laugh::)

hydrotec78
05-10-2009, 10:42
Well after a little bit of a hiccup this morning I have finally got my car back and to put it this way it was worth the wait!!!

The car pulls like a train all the way round and is an animal even at 17 psi and it has put the biggest smile on my face!

Mark what can I say you have worked your magic again to get it running sweet and to how it should be. Big thanks to Paul aswell (hydrotec78) for getting the car ready for the road aswell!

BRING ON THE POD!!:laugh::)

No problems fella, keep smiling :laugh::laugh:

If anybody else wants anything done feel free to give me or marky mark a shout !