01-09-2009, 18:47
this is why i love the french!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a35rRGTHAA8&feature=related

Blick
01-09-2009, 19:54
:laugh::laugh: any french guys on here tell us what hes shouting?? :agree:

raj
01-09-2009, 19:58
lol, only the french:laugh: but whats a 405 t16? im assuming its a 2L 16v turbo.?

5alldaway
01-09-2009, 22:32
lol, only the french:laugh: but whats a 405 t16? im assuming its a 2L 16v turbo.?

yes they are, the engines dont have anything similar to the rally t16s, similar to the s16 engines in the 2 litre mi16 engines but obviously different internally cause of the boost!

they were used as police cars in france and command a serious amount of money these days, last time i checked there was one for sale for about 15k :scratch:

Nick13
01-09-2009, 23:34
Very funny, bless those emotional Frenchies...........

Bit torn here, I gotta try and love my 5GTT even though I blew it up an hour after buying it, and who knows, maybe with it's new engine it will be my dream car....

HOWEVER, I've just parted with an STI Impreza that would hit 160mph easilly (so I'm told officer!) and that Scoob on't video weren't a turbo..........

Still funny though!

5alldaway
01-09-2009, 23:42
but but.................. theres more videos of the 405 finishing about a cars length behind a tommy makinen evo 6 after a good long run??? the scoob didnt exactly lose by much did it

Nick13
01-09-2009, 23:47
but but.................. theres more videos of the 405 finishing about a cars length behind a tommy makinen evo 6 after a good long run??? the scoob didnt exactly lose by much did it

Nope, suppose not.......It just didn't look "fast".........

5alldaway
01-09-2009, 23:50
Nope, suppose not.......It just didn't look "fast".........

the scoob did sound like a proper scoob tho, do the non turbos have that same burble aswell?

5alldaway
01-09-2009, 23:55
here is that other vid when they race the evo 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2AwFoqMMJA&feature=related

a 405 t16 has loads of potential, fwd too :)

Nick13
02-09-2009, 00:00
the scoob did sound like a proper scoob tho, do the non turbos have that same burble aswell?

Yes mate, they have the same sound, flat four boxer engines........I can't dis mine, it was superb, just bloody expensive to run.......never missed a beat though....unlike my 5 GTT which blew up after 10 miles, didn't even get it home.........but that's my fault, should've taken someone with me who knew about them instead of relying on instinct.

anyhow, all water under the bridge now........new engine ready to go in, see if I can break this one........and the answer is probably yes!

Just watched that other vid, and yup, that car is rapid.

5alldaway
02-09-2009, 00:15
ive noticed you aint too far from burton upon trent, we have a pub meet in the next few weeks, you should come along and share the love and talk 5s :)

Nick13
02-09-2009, 00:37
ive noticed you aint too far from burton upon trent, we have a pub meet in the next few weeks, you should come along and share the love and talk 5s :)

I'd love to bro, I need to learn as much as I can about them seeing as I'm stuck with one!!!! he he.

I dropped on lucky with the engine............it's got a blue block and red sump.......I think they get a lick of paint when they rebuild them, but can't be sure...........It's come out of a car that was in the Ali G movie (not the yellow thing, another one, and I aint seen the film, but apparently the car it came out of is in it, guy had a certificate of covenance saying so!)............we shall see.

Not far away at all really, will have a run out if/when the engine is in and running!