PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump Relay

Billy-G
24-09-2008, 15:53
Bugger.

After more than a year with the engine sat on my workbench getting a full strip, rebuild etc, it's back in and fired up like a charm today first sniff of the key:)

Then the fuel in the carb ran out, and so did the lovely noise of a 5 engine at 4000 revs breaking the new cam in:cry:

Bugger arse wanc phuk !!!!!!!!!!

No noise from the fuel pump, so I'm reckoning the relay is goosed. I know they can stick if they've been sat for a long time.

Anyone know the part number of them and I'll get one from reggie renault asap?

I really want this car at nat day this year.

All help from the RTOC massive gratefully recieved.

James5
24-09-2008, 16:05
To see if it is the relay or the fuel pump why don't you bypass the relay with a wire and run a cable from the red to the white if the pump runs it's your relay if not I would assume the pump is knackered or it could be the relay and pump knackered:laugh:

Billy-G
24-09-2008, 16:16
To see if it is the relay or the fuel pump why don't you bypass the relay with a wire and run a cable from the red to the white if the pump runs it's your relay if not I would assume the pump is knackered or it could be the relay and pump knackered:laugh:

Absoulte legend, mate, absolute legend:agree:

Off we go to try that:cool:

Tiny Tim
24-09-2008, 16:18
Just bridge them for now mate.

CGB is your best bet, from what I remember renault dont do them anymore, and I had the last one EVER from GSF :ashamed:

Penfold aka The Dealer
24-09-2008, 17:02
Sadly Renault dont do them anymore... I think i have a 2nd in my garage... i can check for u Mr G if you want and send it upto you.... if worst comes to worsei can send u one out of my 2nd 5, and u send it back when u have got one....

PM or call me if u need it asap...

Shoppers

Os8472
24-09-2008, 17:06
I dunno what dimension your local renault dealers are in but my local still does the relay, they had 3 in stock when I went in, nearly 40notes mind so I stuck with a bit of wire

Tiny Tim
24-09-2008, 17:09
I dunno what dimension your local renault dealers are in but my local still does the relay, they had 3 in stock when I went in, nearly 40notes mind so I stuck with a bit of wire

There's a big difference between 'able to get' and the parts bin Ipswich.

Penfold aka The Dealer
24-09-2008, 17:09

Seriously i would get one if my renault had some....

Os8472
24-09-2008, 17:17
There's a big difference between 'able to get' and the parts bin Ipswich.

I was told they still make them in the land of the frog

Billy-G
24-09-2008, 17:29
Massive thanks for all the offers you lot; I took the old one out, cleaned the inside of it out, freed it off with electrical cleaner and now its working.

However I now have lake of fuel in the garage floor as the fuel pressure regulator looks to have went porous:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: phuk me thats some impressive fuel spillage!

Renault say they do the relays though, £40+ ze vodka! cheeky feckers.

Ah well, onwards and upwards. Next bloody problem:agree::laugh::laugh:

Penfold aka The Dealer
24-09-2008, 17:35
Good man Billy,

If you want mine as a spare let me know.

shoppers