PDA

View Full Version : which gearboxes fit gtt?

Harri
30-08-2009, 14:30
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi,

I managed to destroy my 5 gtt gearbox (again). These are rare in Finland and before importing one, could help and tell me which gearboxes fit the gtt?

Manual speedo isn't a problem since it fits Gtt if the clocks are replaced.

Bigfoot
30-08-2009, 15:32
Any clio (apart from v6 or 197) or renault 19 will fit fine but like you say would need to change clocks over. Even renault 5 GTX will fit. Unsure on gear ratios though think you are going to find your going to be cruising at higher revs than the GTT box.

Harri
30-08-2009, 16:01
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I would prefer something with same torque range (or more) as GTT. Therefore the campus ones are out of question. And if I recall right, the GTT driveshafts are different in length anyway.

I know that at least F7P clios have different clutch cover than GTT, so that doesn't work either. I assume that F7R has the same clutch cover as F7P.

If I recall right mk1 clios with 1.9dsl engine and jc5 gearbox suit well for gtt? Does anyone have experience with those?

What about clio172 or 182 gearboxes? They are using abs-sensor for speedo right? Otherwise, will they fit? Is the clutchcover same as in gtt?