PDA

View Full Version : Knock sensor

stuTHC
24-09-2008, 13:53
When removing the knock sensor on a phase 2 do you need to frig, or link together any pins the aei unit? On my phase1 (no knock sensor as std) it has what appears to be a link in the aei where the knock sensor would plug in if it had one, it seems to be linking 2 of the pins of the connector together, is this correct?

ta:)

Mart
24-09-2008, 14:48
Yep, for the ph1 aei it's normal to have that connector looped. On ph2 aei's you can simply leave the knock sensor unplugged...or you can ground the aei connector to give 4 deg's (or around that figure) less of ign' throughout the rev range.

stuTHC
24-09-2008, 15:10
Yep, for the ph1 aei it's normal to have that connector looped. On ph2 aei's you can simply leave the knock sensor unplugged...or you can ground the aei connector to give 4 deg's (or around that figure) less of ign' throughout the rev range.

Cheers Mart, how do i ground the connection then, im guessing i take one of the pins to earth? if so which pin?

Mart
24-09-2008, 16:39
Yep. Can't for the life of me remember which pin it is now though. Not that you want to run that much retard, unless you're got NOS plumbed in, or running a higher c/r.

stuTHC
24-09-2008, 16:48
Not that you want to run that much retard, unless you're got NOS plumbed in, or running a higher c/r.

Oh no, i dont wanna run retard at the mo', just asking out of interest, for future reference and to have some answers/advice on the thread for anyone in the future that searches 'knock sensor'.
Cheers pal :)

Sparkie
24-09-2008, 19:14
pull the plug out of the ph1 aei. mine had one and one of the pins was earthed. think it was to do with unleaded modification back in the day....?