PDA

View Full Version : Relay trouble

mikey_r5gtt
28-08-2009, 16:33
I need some help please.

Yesterday my horn went off on it's own accord. I disconnected my battery to stop the fault why I had a little look. I'm sure the problem lies in the relay behind the near side head light. I think it powers something by the header tank and there's a vacuum tube that goes into the horn (not OE). The realy got wet after the coolant was topped up and shorted out. I thought I cleaned it out fully but when I connected it it fizzed a little and got hot, so I'm guessing it's blown.

My question is what's the name of the relay as Renault havn't a clue what I'm on about?

Junglist
28-08-2009, 16:42
I need some help please.

Yesterday my horn went off on it's own accord. I disconnected my battery to stop the fault why I had a little look. I'm sure the problem lies in the relay behind the near side head light. I think it powers something by the header tank and there's a vacuum tube that goes into the horn (not OE). The realy got wet after the coolant was topped up and shorted out. I thought I cleaned it out fully but when I connected it it fizzed a little and got hot, so I'm guessing it's blown.

My question is what's the name of the relay as Renault havn't a clue what I'm on about?

cant you give them the old relay , and say i want one of these please

mikey_r5gtt
28-08-2009, 16:59
I couldn't remember the current rating at the time (12v 25A). looking in the file section it shows the horn relay as being on the off side behind the head light. Not sure if its because its a left hand drive. I've got a electropnematic horn which takes a feed from the de gasser when I take the relay out and put it back in I can hear it trying to suck air out of the header tank.

TNT Tricky Nicky
28-08-2009, 19:02
it's the same relay as anti perc fan and the one next to it, they're nothing special just a water proof relay, i got one from renault a couple of years back and was best part of £15. can get them for a quarter of the price from any motor factors

mikey_r5gtt
28-08-2009, 19:04
don't have a anti perc fan. yeah 17 quid plus vat from renault

boostjunky
28-08-2009, 20:37
www.vehiclewiringproducts.co.uk