PDA

View Full Version : turbo oil pipe threads

James George
27-08-2009, 21:37
bought myself a filter for the turbo, one of the bailey ones from tweeks. by the time they added postage and vat the kids will have to go hungry for a few days. it is nice and shiny though.

anyways should have looked into this a tad more as it came with 1/8 bsp fittings which look no use to man nor beast on a gt. should i have gone for the 4-jic fitting one that raldes offer? anyone able to confirm what the normal thread size on the turbo oil feed pipe is?

James5
27-08-2009, 21:45
bought myself a filter for the turbo, one of the bailey ones from tweeks. by the time they added postage and vat the kids will have to go hungry for a few days. it is nice and shiny though.

anyways should have looked into this a tad more as it came with 1/8 bsp fittings which look no use to man nor beast on a gt. should i have gone for the 4-jic fitting one that raldes offer? anyone able to confirm what the normal thread size on the turbo oil feed pipe is?

It's normally -6 jic matey

James George
27-08-2009, 21:54
It's normally -6 jic matey

ok cheers for the reply james, so the 4-jic one is equally useful. so i have to go looking for some adaptors then.

James5
27-08-2009, 22:00
ok cheers for the reply james, so the 4-jic one is equally useful. so i have to go looking for some adaptors then.

Yeah just find yourself a couple of adaptors maybe a local pirtek or try www.thinkauto.com they are pretty good fir buts

Adam L
27-08-2009, 22:21
Think Auto actually sell Mocal pre filters, so it may be an idea to call them up and ask what thread size they are, as they may be the same. I bought one from them months back for one of my rollerbearings, they do some funky fittings, but quite expensive if you go for the good stuff.

James George
27-08-2009, 22:24
Think Auto actually sell Mocal pre filters, so it may be an idea to call them up and ask what thread size they are, as they may be the same. I bought one from them months back for one of my rollerbearings, they do some funky fittings, but quite expensive if you go for the good stuff.

good stuff, thanks for the info

Spooky
27-08-2009, 22:30
how about eyeing up your local pirtek joint ?

they know a thing or 5 about hoses/hydraulics/fittings...:D

James George
28-08-2009, 20:38
how about eyeing up your local pirtek joint ?

they know a thing or 5 about hoses/hydraulics/fittings...:D

good tip spooks, gonna pop into merlin tomorrow as i'm passing, if no joy then i see that pirtek has a depot in westbury.

as a note having found sound data on JIC threads the fittings on the hose i have are 7-JIC i'm pretty sure anyway.

Spooky
28-08-2009, 23:00
No worries dude.

You going to Coombe next week J ? :D

James George
30-08-2009, 21:18
No worries dude.

You going to Coombe next week J ? :D

no afraid not, it clashes with wiscombe hillclimb