PDA

View Full Version : Innovate LM-2 arived today, info needed plz

sonic-jdm
27-08-2009, 19:36
Hi guys,
my LM-2 kit arrived today witch ill fit the weekend and from reading the manual it seems abit of a head bash:scared:
first of all to the people that have one, where is the best place to weld in the bung on the R5? it says in the manual to fit it down stream from the turbo as the hight temps from the turbo might kill the sensor.
so would you say on the vertical part of the down pipe? or furthest away on the horizontal?
pictures would be nice:agree:

also have people fitted the Analog cable for RPM? ive got a good idea on how to wire it up but would like info/experience that have done it before i tackle it.

thanks

jantheeven
27-08-2009, 22:35
This is where mine is located... most people have the bung welded in at this location. Be sure that it's not right on top (at the 12 o'clock position), but a little bit further down, around the 11 o'clock position:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/jantheeven/IMG_2796.jpg

Arrows
27-08-2009, 23:58
Is that far enough away to not cause the sensor to overheat?

Was thinking it may have to go further away then the turbo pipe?

Scoff
28-08-2009, 00:05
the sensor will be fine there :)

Arrows
28-08-2009, 00:09
the sensor will be fine there :)

Great makes it easier to fit.

sonic-jdm
28-08-2009, 08:22
This is where mine is located... most people have the bung welded in at this location. Be sure that it's not right on top (at the 12 o'clock position), but a little bit further down, around the 11 o'clock position:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/jantheeven/IMG_2796.jpg

i see in this picture that the pipe is the other way round if i was looking at it from the engine bay but going from this picture i would need to weld my bung at a 1 oclock position? correct???

sonic-jdm
28-08-2009, 10:42
ive understand the bung position now thanks had a few pictures sent to me,:agree: top man.

anybody could fill me in with more info about this Analog cable/wiring for RPM?

Arrows
28-08-2009, 11:02
ive understand the bung position now thanks had a few pictures sent to me,:agree: top man.

Can you send me some pictures as i have my LM coming soon.

Thanks.

sonic-jdm
28-08-2009, 15:26
Can you send me some pictures as i have my LM coming soon.

Thanks.

will do fella:agree:

sonic-jdm
28-08-2009, 15:35
Anyone got any saved runs/sessions that you have done when setting your car up? i know every renault 5 gtt engine is different but would be nice to use it as a guide;)

Scoff
28-08-2009, 18:07

I use the analogue cable with an LM2 for logging my 1/4m runs but unfortunately it originally did not work all that well. the analogue inputs are noisy at best, although are clear enough on the log to be useable. the real problem is that the rpm input (part of the analogue loom) did not work at all for me, nor many other people. check the innovate forums, lots of un-happy folk. there is a firmware update that is supposed to address the problem, it doesn't seem to make much difference, I believe the problem to be with the hardware.

I designed a little interface to allow the inductive clamp input to be used with a standard tacho input instead, works fine now. details of that are in the articles section.

sonic-jdm
28-08-2009, 20:42
I use the analogue cable with an LM2 for logging my 1/4m runs but unfortunately it originally did not work all that well. the analogue inputs are noisy at best, although are clear enough on the log to be useable. the real problem is that the rpm input (part of the analogue loom) did not work at all for me, nor many other people. check the innovate forums, lots of un-happy folk. there is a firmware update that is supposed to address the problem, it doesn't seem to make much difference, I believe the problem to be with the hardware.

I designed a little interface to allow the inductive clamp input to be used with a standard tacho input instead, works fine now. details of that are in the articles section.

Bloody hell scoff! you are a smart man, just read the article and im sorry to say i didnt understand most of it:ashamed:

this is turning out to be a right head basher:mad: there is nothing simple in life.

is there any chance it might work? as ill be fitting it tomo. have you got any sort of picture of what you have done/made? sorry for being a pain,

sonic-jdm
29-08-2009, 23:03
finally all in and working!

Not the RPM tho, it works but doesnt if you know what i mean.

did a test in 4th gear starting from 2400 revs to 6000 foot to the floor over 10 second session
on full boost at 1bar manifold getting low as 12 and max 12.6 at a average over 10 seconds 12.2 AFR
I seem to be getting the same reading from all gears.

I have a standard carb accept stage two is drilled and tapped with a 1.25 jet in.

still going to do more tests tomo, going to do a session from first gear foot to the floor all the way up to 5th gear.

What do you think as im still new to this?

sonic-jdm
30-08-2009, 14:13
anyone?

Scoff
30-08-2009, 14:22
that's fine, you are aiming for mid to low 12's at that sort of boost. off-boost should be considerably leaner, in the high 13's and 14's on average. checking 5th gear is wise, watch out for a leaning off at high rpm, that'll be the float bowl emptying. it shouldn't happen at that level though.