PDA

View Full Version : starting issues

Harrison01
25-08-2009, 17:21
1st, thank for fuel gauge help. now sorted.

2nd, started the car this morning, it turned over and ran for about 5 secs and then cut out and now it wont start again.

fuel pump works and i also have a spark. car turns over fine but doesnt even try to start.

any help please?

Markey Mark (BD)
25-08-2009, 20:33
Is carb working fine, not flooding engine while its running?

Harrison01
25-08-2009, 22:31
aint got a clue mate.

the cars been running fine for the past couple of months so its strange how its suddenly decided to pack up.

dangerous dave
25-08-2009, 23:06
no one i know can start my 5.. acc pump jets forever getting blocked and no choke means starting is a skill.. my old dear used the F word when trying to move my 5, and she never swears:D

could be loads of things, relay, pump, blocked jet being a pain, rotor arm, king lead etc etc etc.. make sure your getting fuel, spark and then pull it all apart and clean:cartman:

90% of my starting problems are always dirty carb..

wrightygtt
25-08-2009, 23:23
:laugh:lol at your mum having to move your five, I picked my ol dear up from work once, she sh!t herself, I'm quite impressed actually, mine couldn't even work out how to get in it.

soapymech
25-08-2009, 23:24
:laugh:
:laugh:lol at your mum having to move your five, I picked my ol dear up from work once, she sh!t herself, I'm quite impressed actually, mine couldn't even work out how to get in it.