PDA

View Full Version : lumenition Lambda Sensor Wires

Arrows
23-08-2009, 21:17
Anyone help, if i can not get a new gauge does anyone know what the three wires that go to the lumenition Lambda Sensor are, what colour is what?

Thanks.

If you have a link to a setup or instructions that would be great also as i can not find mine.

Mart
23-08-2009, 21:19
From what?

The 3 wires will be 12v, ground, and signal wire.

If it only displays ~stoich' values, you'd be better off saving your money.

Arrows
23-08-2009, 21:25
From what?

The 3 wires will be 12v, ground, and signal wire.

If it only displays ~stoich' values, you'd be better off saving your money.

I know what the three wires are but do you know which colour is what?

Can i ask what is ~stoich' values?

Mart
23-08-2009, 21:31
Not when I don't know the equipment it's connected to...

Stoichiometric afr value: 14.7 - If the gauge only reads a digit or so either side of that, it's not gonna tell you anything worth while.

Arrows
23-08-2009, 21:35
Not when I don't know the equipment it's connected to...

Stoichiometric afr value: 14.7 - If the gauge only reads a digit or so either side of that, it's not gonna tell you anything worth while.

Its a Lumenition Lambda Sensor with a three pin plug.

As for the gauge do you have any recomendations?

Arrows
23-08-2009, 21:38
No issue just found out what the wires are in reference to what colour does what so thanks.

Still interested in if anyone has a gauge they can recommend?

Mart
23-08-2009, 21:40
Ahh, I thought you meant you were trying to hook up the gauge to something like an LM-1, AEM, Zeitronix, etc.

If it's a 3-wire sensor, don't waste your time fitting it, as that will only be a narrowband sensor.

Any decent 0-5v wideband gauge will be fine, but you'll need something inline to control the sensor/read the data & give an output to a gauge. Cue the aforementioned items.

Arrows
23-08-2009, 21:42
Ahh, I thought you meant you were trying to hook up the gauge to something like an LM-1, AEM, Zeitronix, etc.

If it's a 3-wire sensor, don't waste your time fitting it, as that will only be a narrowband sensor.

Any decent 0-5v wideband gauge will be fine, but you'll need something inline to control the sensor/read the data & give an output to a gauge. Cue the aforementioned items.

Its already fitted its the gauge thats packed up, thanks for the list, i have been looking at the LM1 and see there is now a LM2 for around the same money is the LM2 worth getting ahead of the LM1?

Mart
23-08-2009, 21:48
Yes, but that won't give a wideband output, only narrowband (~stoich'), hence will be of no use if you're planning on tweaking your carb.

Can't comment on the LM-2, but I've had my LM-1 pretty much since they first came on the market & it's a great piece of kit.

Arrows
23-08-2009, 21:49
Yes, but that won't give a wideband output, only narrowband (~stoich'), hence will be of no use if you're planning on tweaking your carb.

Can't comment on the LM-2, but I've had my LM-1 pretty much since they first came on the market & it's a great piece of kit.

With the LM1 do i just replace the probe with the LM1 version and then plug the LM1 into a 12 volt supply and plug the lambda sensor to the LM1 and away you go?

Mart
23-08-2009, 21:52
Aii, pretty much, except the wideband sensor (which will come with the LM-1, LM-2, LC-1, etc) won't screw into where the narrowband sensor was, as the w/b sensor is a larger diameter.

Arrows
23-08-2009, 21:54
Aii, pretty much, except the wideband sensor (which will come with the LM-1, LM-2, LC-1, etc) won't screw into where the narrowband sensor was, as the w/b sensor is a larger diameter.

Ok i could grind the other off and drill the hole and weld the new one on no worries, does the wideband ones also have four wires instead of three?

Mart
23-08-2009, 21:58
5 or 6 wires on most w/b sensors.

Arrows
23-08-2009, 22:03
OK thaks so my narrow band sensor is rubbish then, thanks.

Mart
23-08-2009, 22:09
For helping tweak carb's, yes.

Arrows
23-08-2009, 22:10
For helping tweak carb's, yes.

That's what i wanted it for, so is the LM range better to own then a setup with mounted gauge off ebay?

So with a 5 wire setup could this be wired into a universal gauge of my choice as i have seen one i like the look of, what is the five wires output for do you know?

Mart
23-08-2009, 22:18
http://www.airfuelmeter.com/english/lsu4_en_sensor.htm