PDA

View Full Version : Flickering SPA Gauges

Chris Hebden
23-08-2009, 18:49
Has anyone had this problem with there gauges before? Both of mine (dual boost & temp) & (Oil & Water) keep turning themselves on and off when they want.

I have checked the live and it was precaresly connected so i have run a live straight from the battery on a switch and this didnt help, checked the earth and this wasnt very good, so scraped a bit more of the paint away, put a new connector on, this didnt help!

Now my Oil & Water gauge wont read correctly at all with the gauge saying oil pressure in the 200+ and then none and the water temp saying 100+ on a relatively cold engine!

Any ideas? Cheers Chris

RICHIE
23-08-2009, 19:13
Has anyone had this problem with there gauges before? Both of mine (dual boost & temp) & (Oil & Water) keep turning themselves on and off when they want.

I have checked the live and it was precaresly connected so i have run a live straight from the battery on a switch and this didnt help, checked the earth and this wasnt very good, so scraped a bit more of the paint away, put a new connector on, this didnt help!

Now my Oil & Water gauge wont read correctly at all with the gauge saying oil pressure in the 200+ and then none and the water temp saying 100+ on a relatively cold engine!

Any ideas? Cheers Chris

ive not had any problem with mine. but the sensors are made by danfoss randell they are round the corner from me i could get pop in and get a price for the however i would suspect the unit itself may be faulty have you tried fidlling with the wires when you get the error to see if it comes and goes

Mudslinger
23-08-2009, 19:17
ive had a few probs with mine flickering , the back light seems to be at fault , been told to send them back to spa as its a common fault they repair them for free ;)

Chris Hebden
24-08-2009, 09:50
ive not had any problem with mine. but the sensors are made by danfoss randell they are round the corner from me i could get pop in and get a price for the however i would suspect the unit itself may be faulty have you tried fidlling with the wires when you get the error to see if it comes and goes

Thanks for the reply gents. Yea tried fiddling with the wires at the rear and cant get the Oil/Water to act correctly, i have gone into the menu of the gauges and the gauge for sensor 1 (oil) is receiving a constant 5.0V hence the reading of 233lb's but the water is seeing voltage in the 3.somethings which would make sense to see temps in the 100+!

ive had a few probs with mine flickering , the back light seems to be at fault , been told to send them back to spa as its a common fault they repair them for free ;)

I'll be on the blower to them today then! BUT couldnt find the receipt for them, just to clarify its not the backlight that flickers its BOTH units turning them selves on and off!

Chris Hebden
25-08-2009, 20:35
Well after speaking to the very helpful guys at SPA i set out to sort this problem tonight!

I removed all the wiring for the Oil & Water gauge (the wiring was all over the place!) and checked continuity between the sensor connectors and the 12pin block. Found i had a broken earth at the gauge 12pin connector for the oil pressure and was making both gauges go crazy!

Repaired this, gave both gauges a better switched live and earth and jobs a good'un!

Markey Mark (BD)
25-08-2009, 20:38
Good work mate:agree:. The simplest of things can give the biggest problems most of the time

Chris Hebden
25-08-2009, 20:44
Good work mate:agree:. The simplest of things can give the biggest problems most of the time

Tell me about it mate, got rid of that wire hanging out the door for starters ;)! Still cant work out why the one wire effected both gauges though!?