PDA

View Full Version : new bat warning light circuit

TNT!hammond
22-08-2009, 17:13
Im trying to create a new battery warning light circuit for my dash. I can get the light to work when the alternator is running/ charging and turn off when it stops. I would however like to reverse this as oe. Is there a way to do this with a relay or something, so when recharging stops the light turns on.

I have a feeling at high rpm its slipping the belt but have no dash indication .

any help appreciated

hammy

Os8472
22-08-2009, 18:07
Why not just fit a volt gauge, if the alt is charging you'll get 14volts, if not you'll get 12volts, simples

TNT!hammond
22-08-2009, 18:28
oli thats good but not as instant as a bright red light lighting up ;)

car.crash
22-08-2009, 18:33
some gauges have a warning light that you can preset at any level if you were to go down that road.

Os8472
22-08-2009, 19:36
oli thats good but not as instant as a bright red light lighting up ;)

True but a volt gauge can tell you more than just a flicking light, it'll tell you if the reg on your alt is knackered, mine started charging at 18volts once, bloody hell my windows didn't have move quick :D

You can get gauges with waring lights that you can preset to a specific point, dunno where from but that'd be the thing to get

TNT!hammond
22-08-2009, 19:54
sorted ,used a relay, its already like driving the starship enterprise :cylon:with all the gauges i have let alone more , thanks though for the input