PDA

View Full Version : Petrol Flap

ScottGT
18-08-2009, 18:52
So the bloody petrol flap came off in my hand after Retro Rides on sunday. Part of the plastic hinge bit broke but i managed to glue it back together ok. My question is this. How the hell do i re-attach it to the car?!?

As far as i can see it need to clip back onto the spring loaded part on the car but i can see no way off doing this......HELP :(

markey b
18-08-2009, 19:23
mine is bust too, makes filling up a pain!

right, best way to describe it... the white bit with lugs on that is in between the bolts on the right hand side, get some pliars and pull it out, and once its clear turn in 90 degrees, that'll stop it popping back in, and enable to you clip the flap back on.
once you've done that, just rotate the flap and white bit back in line and it'll pop back in and the flap will work... make sense?

ScottGT
18-08-2009, 19:31
mine is bust too, makes filling up a pain!

right, best way to describe it... the white bit with lugs on that is in between the bolts on the right hand side, get some pliars and pull it out, and once its clear turn in 90 degrees, that'll stop it popping back in, and enable to you clip the flap back on.
once you've done that, just rotate the flap and white bit back in line and it'll pop back in and the flap will work... make sense?

Yes it does :) im off outside to try that right now!