PDA

View Full Version : Order Your National Day Dvd And Photos Here.

philthedoctor
18-08-2009, 10:54
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi guys, some of you will have seen me and my wife videoing national day 2009 and you will also have seen my dad taking still photographs throughout the day.

I have just uploaded all the video footage to my editing suite and am going to start editing it and putting it all together. There is a lot to be done, credits, music, editing, obtaining prize winners names, getting your R.T.O.C logo from chris so that we can use that on the film, the discs and the covers.
This process can take upto 2 weeks as theres a lot of footage to play with so i hope you can be patient with us but we want this finished DVD to look as good as possible so we will not just rush it together.
Below are details of what we will be selling for you guys...

We will be making a professionally edited DVD of the weekend (some footage of the friday night at the campsite to be included). The DVD disc itself will be printed and the DVD cases will have professionally printed covers on them.
Also, there will be a disc full of the still photographs taken on the day.
In short, you buy the DVD, you get the disc of stills thrown in for free :)

The price of this DVD (with free photo disc thrown in) will be £10.
We hope you agree with us that this is a very reasonable price considering the work we have and still are putting into it.

I want to thank you guys who were there on the day for making us feel so welcome
and for not running away when you had the cameras pointing at you :)
The only downside was after standing in the sun for 7 hours filming you guys i came home red as beetroot lol.

Ok, if you would like to place an order for the DVD then just send an email to the address below. We will then mail you back with a paypal payment LINK on it that you just need to click and pay using your paypal account or if you dont have a paypal account you will be able to pay using credit or debit card. Once the DVD has been edited and is complete we will send it out to you.

Please remember, we could be looking at 2 weeks from now before it is completed but it will be worth the wait :)

If any of you have any other questions then please feel free to email me at p328532@msn.com

To order your DVD please email steveandphil@ntlworld.com and just say you would like to order the national day 2009 DVD and how many copies and we will then mail you back with a paypal LINK where you can pay for the DVD with your paypal account or via credit or debit card. WHEN PAYING PLEASE WRITE IN THE MESSAGE BOX THE ADDRESS YOU WANT THE DVD SENDING TO.

Thanks for a good weekend guys and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

jaffa
19-08-2009, 20:30
i think u did a stella job and all that footage all on one cd inc photos for a tenner!!! bargain...u got my money :agree: thanks again.

Schakal
19-08-2009, 21:54
i have absolutely no fokkin idea who stella is but i am with this dude ^^
i will deffo have a cd :agree:

Rideumofo
22-08-2009, 11:28

You got my tenner bud.

philthedoctor
24-08-2009, 19:09

Just a quick update guys. The DVD is coming along nicely, just need to add some music, add some titles and credits then generally tart it up a bit and its all done. It will be finished by the weekend and we will start to post it out to all who have ordered and paid for it.

Thanks for all your interest

Phil.

Schakal
24-08-2009, 19:33

Just a quick update guys. The DVD is coming along nicely, just need to add some music, add some titles and credits then generally tart it up a bit and its all done. It will be finished by the weekend and we will start to post it out to all who have ordered and paid for it.

Thanks for all your interest

Phil.

please tell me you are not adding music over engine noise ??:scared:
sent you an email by the way phil :agree:

Ashy
24-08-2009, 21:03
e-mail sent :)

TNT ANDY
24-08-2009, 21:47
Got my money on the day - top work fella's can't wait to see it.

TNT Andy
:agree:

robw
24-08-2009, 23:00

i agree:agree:hopefully not:cry:

Schakal
25-08-2009, 00:09
monies sent :agree:

philthedoctor
25-08-2009, 17:43

sent you an email by the way phil :agree:

hmmmmm, ive made it a bit of a mix, some of the footage has music playing with the engine noise still being heard in the background, some of the footage is just engine noise as it was....

Do you guys really want to watch a 2 hour DVD with no music and just engine noise????

Let me know your thoughts on this as its just a click of the mouse to remove each music track..

Bigfoot
25-08-2009, 18:14
Id prefer no music on any of the films, as music will never be to everyones taste. Keep seeing this post and meaning to order the DVD :ashamed:

James5
25-08-2009, 18:36
You have my money dude. Personally I would like to hear the cars but no doubt it will get annoying after a while so a mix of sound and music Is good for me. Cheers James

Schakal
25-08-2009, 21:49
phil ,first of all everyones taste will not be the same in music unless
its engine noise music which we all deffo agree on :cool:

so my vote goes to "no music" :agree:

philthedoctor
26-08-2009, 09:46
ok hint taken......engine noise it is :)

philthedoctor
26-08-2009, 11:13
I could do with some help here guys, when we took pics of the shine and show winners by the lake to be used on the calender, one of the winners had already left so we didnt get to photo/film him by the lake. I am going to do a small section on the DVD showing the winners cars but i dont know which car was the missing winning car. If i can find out which car it was i know i will have some footage of it somewhere that i can use so any help in describing this car to me would be helpful...

The car i need describing to me won "best standard engine bay" and i know the owner is called Toby Sutherland.

If any1 can tell me what car to look for in my footage this would be a real help, even better would be a reg number or even a pic if any of you guys know him and got a pic of his car..

Heres hoping :agree:

Gymnast
26-08-2009, 11:25
This one? ... http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=65

D4WNO
26-08-2009, 11:26
It's ToNy, rather than ToBy :)

philthedoctor
26-08-2009, 13:03
Ok thanks for putting the name right, not sure about that car though as i cant find any shots of it. Was that the car he was in or was he in another?

Kris M
26-08-2009, 18:40
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=23

:)

philthedoctor
26-08-2009, 20:58
Thanks Kris but is that definately the car that he took to national day? The reason we ask is we cant find footage or shots of it anywhere. Did he park it by all the other cars that were entering the shine and show?

Kris M
26-08-2009, 22:08
Thats the car i saw Tony in at the campsite so i presume its the same one ??

philthedoctor
27-08-2009, 17:17
Ok Tony has got back to me now and that is the car he took. The reason we have got no pics or footage is he didnt park it with the rest of the shine and show cars.
Hes gonna send me a couple of pics so we're sorted now. Thanks for your help guys :)

tonesGTT
27-08-2009, 22:24
:laugh: jogged on straight after the AGM so wasnt there for the pics. As above though, sorted now - pics sent to you tonight Phil :)

philthedoctor
28-08-2009, 21:38
OK guys, as i type this the DVD master is rendering. This means over the weekend we can start doing the copies for you guys that have ordered it, printing the labels on the discs, printing the covers and getting them in the post for ya. The DVD is 2.5 hours long, mostly cars going round and round :) though there is also footage of the campsite, paddock, leaving the pitlane and the shine and show. My dad tells me the cd is going to have about 400 photos on it too.

All you guys who haven't ordered yet, now is the time, once we have sent all orders out that we have taken it won't be long before its all deleted from my PC to make room for the other projects im working on.

car.crash
28-08-2009, 21:57
all that footage and pics for a tenner i will take one please.

paul b
28-08-2009, 22:01
not been at home for 2 weeks, e-mail sent....
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::)

philthedoctor
31-08-2009, 20:57
WOOHOO, its all finished. The covers and discs have been printed and they are going in the post to everyone whos ordered one tomorow morning (1st sept).

P.S.... earlier i stated theres about 400 photos on the free cd, it seems i got this wrong, theres about 600 :) ..... enjoy..

Bigfoot
31-08-2009, 22:19
Money been paid :agree: cant wait to take a look at this :D

car.crash
31-08-2009, 22:25
im all paid up, hope to see some good pics of scraps.

THE MASTER
02-09-2009, 01:30
just wondering if you got a shot of andrew cooke lampping his mistery machine bus around the circuit . cos i have . :D:D

philthedoctor
02-09-2009, 16:13
errrm if that means the green coloured...van...bus...pimp mobile thing, then yes... photo and video :)

Kenobi
02-09-2009, 18:17
Just want to say how great this DVD is. I absolutley LOVE it. PLease please please come with us next year and do the same.

Top DVD guys.

Thanks.

Schakal
02-09-2009, 18:36
Just want to say how great this DVD is. I absolutley LOVE it. PLease please please come with us next year and do the same.

Top DVD guys.

Thanks.

i still have not received mine :(

phil , have you posted mine yet mate ?? :)

James5
02-09-2009, 18:57
Can't wait for mine to arrive :cooter:

philthedoctor
02-09-2009, 19:40
They have all been posted guys, i do know tho that kenobi went to my dads work place and collected his cos they work close to each other :) dont worry, they are all in the post :)

minty83
02-09-2009, 19:42
is it to late to order?

philthedoctor
02-09-2009, 19:46
Nope its not too late to order, i have decided to keep a master copy so there is always one with us so any future orders can be catered for :)

get yer order in and itll be sent out you once its paid for.

James5
03-09-2009, 14:32
Well the DVD & CD turned up today going to treat the Mrs's to a viewing:laugh: might even get some popcorn in.:D

Many thanks James

Big Steve - Raider
03-09-2009, 16:29
Just looking through the pictures on my Nat Day DVD which I've recieved today & this has to be one of the best pics on their! That five looks like it's going to topple over on the hairpin! :eek:

*** See Picture attached to bottom of post ***

Haven't watched the movie as yet but so far i'm very impressed with the whole thing! Good one Phil & Steve! :niceone:

I didn't realise we were also going to get a picture on the back of the DVD which we could put on the mantlepiece to keep the kids away from the fire!! :laugh::laugh: :wasntme:

Bigfoot
03-09-2009, 16:42
Think they might want to change over the suspension :laugh:

philthedoctor
03-09-2009, 16:42
ah yes, we thought it would be nice to use the winner of best in show for the front and back cover :)

jesus in the seat of a 5
03-09-2009, 18:26
Nope its not too late to order, i have decided to keep a master copy so there is always one with us so any future orders can be catered for :)

get yer order in and itll be sent out you once its paid for.

phil , can i get one please, i dont have pay pal , can i pay some other way?, maybe pm some details , ta , matt.:)

philthedoctor
03-09-2009, 18:35
phil , can i get one please, i dont have pay pal , can i pay some other way?, maybe pm some details , ta , matt.:)

matt, use the link as described in the opening post, you will get a reply from us with the same money request but if you dont have a paypal account it gives the option to pay with debit/credit card mate. :)

Its all done through paypal bank so none of your debit/credit card details come to us.

royz
03-09-2009, 20:11
mine arrived today good pics and video. thanks

Schakal
03-09-2009, 23:37
WOOHOO, its all finished. The covers and discs have been printed and they are going in the post to everyone whos ordered one tomorow morning (1st sept).

P.S.... earlier i stated theres about 400 photos on the free cd, it seems i got this wrong, theres about 1200 :) ..... enjoy..

phil i received mine today,great work indeed thank you :agree:
checked the photos on there and there are roughly 600 of them .
found a few pics of my car on the track an they seem to be taken after
13:30 pm which is why my car has no grille on (over heating probs )

now am i missing some pics on my cd ?:scratch: i really would love some pics of
my car with the grille on (taken between 09:30 - 1300 ish ) :cry:

here is the shed in question

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa183/partsrenault/IMG_0973.jpg

philthedoctor
03-09-2009, 23:43
I cant answer that til i talk to steve. It was him who said theres about 1200 pics on the disc so i just went by what he said...he is old though :)

I know we didnt get to the hairpin until the afternoon which is where he got most of his moving shots.

I'll have a word with him tomoro and get back to ya.

jaffa
04-09-2009, 07:06
i have got to say this is the best money i have spent car related in years well done the video and pictures are a credit to you.....and to all those who havent ordered one do so now....u will love it.....thanks again guys.....ps i do have a spare seat for a trip to the ring in 2 weeks if one of u is spare...;)

Schakal
04-09-2009, 07:23
I cant answer that til i talk to steve. It was him who said theres about 1200 pics on the disc so i just went by what he said...he is old though :)

I know we didnt get to the hairpin until the afternoon which is where he got most of his moving shots.

I'll have a word with him tomoro and get back to ya.

thanks phil :agree: even if he has a few pics hanging about in his hard drive etc
that you/he can email me over that would be ace :)

i agree with all the positive comments by the way , brilliant product and great
value for money :agree::agree:

Big Steve - Raider
04-09-2009, 08:03
I have got to say this is the best money I have spent car related in years well done the video and pictures are a credit to you.....and to all those who havent ordered one do so now....u will love it

:agree:

Bigfoot
04-09-2009, 08:34
ps i do have a spare seat for a trip to the ring in 2 weeks if one of u is spare...;)

I haven't received my DVD yet but from all the great feedback that would be a awesome idea for the ring trip :)

wreelybro
04-09-2009, 14:40
Recieved my DVD today excellent stuff and got some ace pictures as well.

Thanks for all your hard work!!!

:agree::agree::agree::agree:

:D

millie
04-09-2009, 23:46
Just looking through the pictures on my Nat Day DVD which I've recieved today & this has to be one of the best pics on their! That five looks like it's going to topple over on the hairpin! :eek:

*** See Picture attached to bottom of post ***

Haven't watched the movie as yet but so far i'm very impressed with the whole thing! Good one Phil & Steve! :niceone:

I didn't realise we were also going to get a picture on the back of the DVD which we could put on the mantlepiece to keep the kids away from the fire!! :laugh::laugh: :wasntme:
Kids:scratch:

philthedoctor
05-09-2009, 12:08
Glad you're liking it guys. Anyone who wants to order one can still do so, just follow the details on the opening post here.

jesus in the seat of a 5
05-09-2009, 12:27
Glad you're liking it guys. Anyone who wants to order one can still do so, just follow the details on the opening post here.

just paid for mine via pay pal.......:)

philthedoctor
12-09-2009, 17:27
Thanks for your interest in this guys. We had a good time on the day filming it and if we get a few more orders for this one we might be able to justify coming along next year to film and photo again, or any other track days you have. It was a first for us and we'd liike to carry it on if it turns out that we can make it worth our while.
Hope to see yas all again soon and don't forget, this can still be ordered anytime. :)