PDA

View Full Version : National Day 2009!

5alldaway
15-08-2009, 16:16
well just got back from a great day out, i aint been to national day since brunters 2006 but this one was pretty good, put a few faces to names and good to see the usual lot out aswell

thanks to all that organised the event and to all that turned up to make the event what it was! and thanks to the nice chappy selling me all those lovely oe bits lol!

after being unsure of my 5s future, i believe today has brought back the rather missing enthusiasm

long live the 5 :agree::)

Schakal
15-08-2009, 20:55
it was a brilliant day,thanks to all organised and attended :agree:

i only just made it back home with a slipping alt belt
which unfortunately also runs the water pump :crap:
i have been going back and forward between a non charging alternator
and an overheating engine all the way through :p

stu21t
15-08-2009, 21:06
as i missed ND
whens the next club meeting?

zedx19
15-08-2009, 21:08
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Yeah awesome day, loved it!!!

Anyone know where any pro pictures are stored for viewing/buying?

raj
15-08-2009, 21:27
lol, i didnt actually know it was natday:laugh::scared:

car.crash
15-08-2009, 21:59
yet another well organised event by the rtoc staff and mallory park. had a great time and the track courtesy was spot on by all drivers. had a few dramas in our squad but we all got home safe and sound although some cars more wounded than others :p.

i think mike deserves a thankyou aswell for turning up with a van full of spares and helping many cars to stay on track and get home :agree:

Logg
15-08-2009, 22:02
Welll Ive Just got home!

1 dead gearbox :cry:
1 dead clutch :cry:
1 dead turbo :cry:
4 dead tyres :cry:
but one hell of a day! :smokin:

A big big thanks goes out to those that made this day happen for all of us thanks very much! :agree:

And an even bigger thanks to all those that helped with the bodge me 5 to get me home! :agree::agree::agree::agree:

James5
15-08-2009, 22:22
:DWas a fantstic day, got home about 40mins ago.

Couple of pics from today in the Nat Day 09 File

Spooky
15-08-2009, 22:42
Good day out :smokin:

Really good to meet a few new faces as well as the usual culprits :cooter:

Spent most of my time sniffing round the F4R powered cars, giving me a lot of food for thought :D

Scoff
15-08-2009, 23:07
Talked for 10hrs, as usual ! always a good day out, can't beat it :)

djinuk
16-08-2009, 00:41
twas a real good and enjoyable day, have a nice red shiny face.. was fun spending some time with friends and getting to know a few more.. well done for arganising it and hope to be at the next one :)

Dicey
16-08-2009, 09:19
Again thanks to all who orgainsed and attended, what a day, everyones track behavior was top notch, and great to meet all the people I talked to, roll on next year.:agree::agree::agree:

PS did anyone get any pictures of me losing it on the hair pin, oil slick? PM if you did thanks.:eek::eek::eek:

BriC
16-08-2009, 10:15
Talked for 10hrs, as usual ! always a good day out, can't beat it :)

I did notice that - everytime I saw you you were stood by your car chatting :D

Was a good day! Thanks to those who helped me and thanks for the passenger rides :)

Kenobi
16-08-2009, 10:17
Big up the RTOC Staff. Miller your a gent. Clee thanks for the stickers and the 21 advice.

Thanks to Mr Sturridge and the Mrs for the soft drinks.

Thanks to Gtnutter for the chips and the fun of watching him pap himself in the mini.

Good to See Haz and crew, that 5 looks wicked Haz.

Absolutley Loved the Black Renault 11 top lads aswell (who are you on here?)

Shakal and PaulB good to meet you both loving your cars.

Dj, Alex, Dickee, feel the Local Love boys.:agree:

tonesGTT
16-08-2009, 10:55
:agree: with all of the above, a truly amazing day :D :D :D :D

Thanks to Jim for letting me have a few laps in his 5, cheers to the other drivers for putting up with my novice track skills :laugh: and cheers to RTOC for organising the day and for adding the iceing on the cake with an award for my engine bay.

Jeez, did you get any track time out of the cup in the end?

bye_all_c_ya
16-08-2009, 12:11
gutted i could not make it was working on the car using a tourch friday night getting new head on, finished about 10 pm and all i needed to do was bleed system. i drove all loaded up but temps where all over the place and never got there :(

dave r5
16-08-2009, 12:25
as previously stated wat a day.

shame i didnt get my 5 there but was good speaking to fellow owners.

top marks to haz who gave me top info for my car, shame hes 1 decided to throw the dummy out tho.

mayb next year ill get to play.

Rideumofo
16-08-2009, 13:31
First post!

Got back last night was an amazing day! I drove my R5 the hardest I have ever done and was amazed that still with standard suspension wheels and tyres it handled so well.
The weekend proved to me how good my R5 is and secured the future of such an amazing pocket rocket!!!

Long live the R5!!!!!!!!!!!

Duncan Grier
16-08-2009, 13:43
BRILLIANT as always :)

Even if I had nothing but problems with the vx :( did not get on track until the afternoon and still was running really bad :(

Great to catch up with eveyone and too many people to catch up with in 1 night.

Hope you all enjoyed the flames and few mini drifts (not the best car for it lol)

Look forward to pics / video clips

Track driving levels were spot on,nice to see :)

DG

Deano
16-08-2009, 15:36
Woo ! i've just got back after getting a tow !:wasntme:
I smoked my way for about 20 miles and then decided to call the truck.
At least i caught some more sleep on the way back !

f0xy
16-08-2009, 15:39
Good weekend, met quite a few new people too!

Just got home on the back of a flatbed :rolleyes:

Bod
16-08-2009, 15:59
I had a great day had some great track time as well thanks to BIG DAN C for the loan of two wheel to get me out on track for the last hour mullered my front left going into gerrards all day:cool: good to catch up with the slough lads as ive been out of the loop for a bit mark aka car crash and logg,im still deaf in my left ear from turbo ted screaming in my ear as we hit gerrards and the back end was rather twitchy to say the least after swapping my tyres round :laugh::laugh::laugh:Good day:smokin:

Bigfoot
16-08-2009, 16:08
Top nights camping and also great day on track and walking around seeing the cars.

Cheers for Chris (Penfold) allowing me to drive the cup car, just need to get a few things sorted out on that car to get it working better, brakes definately need looking at :laugh:

Cheers for all those which gave me a lift around the track as well.

Glad there was no accidents just lots of gearboxes going wrong, plus cambelt snapping on Bruces 172, didn't have much luck this weekend really.

Looking forward to more events, but next one is Nurburgring in September which is going to be great as usual :D

Brigsy
16-08-2009, 16:35
Great weekend as usual, good crack with the lads:cool:

Had an eventful journey there & back, coppers giving me grief over my number plates then a carry on filling up at the services. On way back hit traffic on a1 & the rad fan relay failed so had to bodge it sharpish, coolant temps through the roof!

Got some decent track time in the van though & nowt fell off so pleased with that, 50+ miles of abuse :D

Did anybody get any pics of it on track, the 'pro' pics got three, 2 on sighting lap & one when i was going in the pits!

Alastair
16-08-2009, 16:46
Awesome day, the first proper thrash for my 5 since the rebuild so a big thanks to all the commitiee for their efforts :agree:.

I enjoyed meeting lots of people, new and old. Good to see the Club spirit is still going strong with lots of people helping each other out with spares, spanners and advice :)

A big thanks to Mike and Matty of 'Mushroom Racing' (Prima coloured cup car) for the help and advice, top guys. Shame to hear the other Prima Coupe Car is no more - a big end over end smash by all accounts :cry: That used to be my favourite 5.

soapymech
16-08-2009, 16:56
sounds like a great time this year gutted iv missed out by couple of days:cry:

Gymnast
16-08-2009, 16:57
Well, just made it home ... after popping the end cap off the rad when coming off track, replacing the rad and all seeming fine it appears there is still something else wrong. Water started p1ssing out of the top of the header tank cap on the M1.

Cheers to Rinkydink for stopping ... ended up taking 2 flatbeds and a tow from AA to get me back.

Now back outside to work on the 5! :)

Cracking weekend, good to see old faces and new ... thanks to all the committee for organising. Thanks to whoever sold me the new rad ... sorry, I forgot who you were ... and last but by no means least, thanks tp Mart for breaking my chair and throwing it on the fire ... I told you it wouldn't hold more than 25 stone :p ;)

See you all next year! :cool: :agree: :D

jesus in the seat of a 5
16-08-2009, 17:04
right where do i start...:laugh:, trailored the coupe car to mallory from bristol via krissey m`s with his coupe car in tow too...the site was awesome...:), watched the trailer like a hawk cos its the first time id towed with it..went without a clitch im glad to say.........unlike the ole coupe car...:laugh:, got the ole girl running, to say she ran rich would be an understatement...:smokin:..still managed to get a few slow laps until @ 90mph allmost i relised i had no brakes what so ever...:eek:, turns out the servo is fubbard etc , so what with the fuelling and the brakes it turns out i have some work to do....:laugh:, still i put the ole girl into rest in the paddock and made up with it by sitting behind mike phase 1`s` stall of parts and buying more than i sold from him..:wasntme:, big thanks to all whomb got there hands dirty and offerd advice etc, even though i didnt manage much track time it was still lovely to see the car @ an event and see all you lovely people that make up the club...:D, big thanks to everyone whomb made it possible and all whomb turnt up to make the event a success...:agree:, ive started the coupe car repairs allready...i cant wait to see just what its like to drive properly....with brakes....:laugh:, as per every event i came home with many more parts than i left with....just as well the wife werent here....:laugh:, thanks all...jeez, ps dave sbs ......i love the sticker you naughty man you..putting it on during the night...:laugh:

f0xy
16-08-2009, 17:09
Great weekend as usual, good crack with the lads:cool:

Had an eventful journey there & back, coppers giving me grief over my number plates then a carry on filling up at the services. On way back hit traffic on a1 & the rad fan relay failed so had to bodge it sharpish, coolant temps through the roof!

Got some decent track time in the van though & nowt fell off so pleased with that, 50+ miles of abuse :D

Did anybody get any pics of it on track, the 'pro' pics got three, 2 on sighting lap & one when i was going in the pits!

What car was yours matey? I may have got some pics of it...

Brigsy
16-08-2009, 17:09
Ive got the white extra van mate:)

royz
16-08-2009, 17:11
Woo ! i've just got back after getting a tow !:wasntme:
I smoked my way for about 20 miles and then decided to call the truck.
At least i caught some more sleep on the way back !

shame you had to get it towed. a great day was had. thanks to scoff for his advice and thanks to the club for aranging this day.

Logg
16-08-2009, 17:25
Well, just made it home ... after popping the end cap off the rad when coming off track, replacing the rad and all seeming fine it appears there is still something else wrong. Water started p1ssing out of the top of the header tank cap on the M1.

Cheers to Rinkydink for stopping ... ended up taking 2 flatbeds and a tow from AA to get me back.

Now back outside to work on the 5! :)

Cracking weekend, good to see old faces and new ... thanks to all the committee for organising. Thanks to whoever sold me the new rad ... sorry, I forgot who you were ... and last but by no means least, thanks tp Mart for breaking my chair and throwing it on the fire ... I told you it wouldn't hold more than 25 stone :p ;)

See you all next year! :cool: :agree: :D

how about the nce person the person that lent you the £ for the rad! ;)

Rob@Backyardracing
16-08-2009, 17:27
Great day... :agree: I just need a track car for next time :crap:, was good to drag the PH1 along to its first ever RTOC event.. :D

Gymnast
16-08-2009, 17:35
how about the nce person the person that lent you the £ for the rad! ;)

aha, so you are alive!!! was looking for you last night to give you the money back :) thanks mate ... much appreciated.

If you've got PayPal, PM me your email and I'll send the moolah over :agree:

Logg
16-08-2009, 17:54
I would of stayed but after blowing the turbo I just wanted to go home! :cry:

how about you bring the money to the Ace tomorrow night being French car night and all that jazz! :D

Gymnast
16-08-2009, 17:58
I would of stayed but after blowing the turbo I just wanted to go home! :cry:

how about you bring the money to the Ace tomorrow night being French car night and all that jazz! :D

Fair enough. Sounds like a plan. What time's kick off?

Logg
16-08-2009, 18:07
Fair enough. Sounds like a plan. What time's kick off?

Anytime from 7ish till late! I normally roll up about 8ish! will be good to see another Renault Turbo on show! :smokin:

Big Steve - Raider
16-08-2009, 18:30
Fantastic weekend for Millie & I as usual! :niceone:

Great track etiquette from all the RTOC members but had a few issues with some of the very "new" members lets say! :sad2:

Great to see all the usual faces and meet a few more new ones.

Clio performed Faultlessley all day & I was on the track for most of the day!!!

Top work by the Committee in organising it all!!

Looking forward to the Nurburgring jolly to finish off another years RTOC'in! :D:D:D

Bigfoot
16-08-2009, 18:35
Great track etiquette from all the RTOC members but had a few issues with some of the very "new" members lets say! :sad2:

Yeah, seemed some people on the non-renault turbo had to prove a thing or two running the risk of others :sad2:

Not something I wanted to see happen in the rear view mirror with a car going sideways with the back wheel on the grass.

Jessop
16-08-2009, 18:54
i was new but i wasnt being a nuisence :D
Seen you on track a few times though steve! :D

Big Steve - Raider
16-08-2009, 18:59
i was new but i wasnt being a nuisence :D
Seen you on track a few times though steve! :D

You're an old hand now matey! :agree: ;)

Andrew Cooke
16-08-2009, 19:02
cracking day :agree:

I did have to take avoiding action a couple of times having being passed in inappropriate places, a couple of guys out there could have used a little more patience. I might not have been going fast, but at times I was pretty close to the edge, and I'd have made a real big mess of their pretty little cars.

f0xy
16-08-2009, 19:11
Ive got the white extra van mate:)

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n113/f0xy_2006/---%20Mallory%20Park%20August%202009/IMG_6502.jpg

That one? :)

Ive seen some people have pics of their cars by the professional guys there...where can these be seen/purchased? Thanks.

jesus in the seat of a 5
16-08-2009, 19:14
Did anyone get a pic of the coupe?..on the track or in the paddock as my battery died on the the camera...just wonderd?...:scratch:

Brigsy
16-08-2009, 19:19
That's the one foxy, top job :agree::)

Mart
16-08-2009, 19:22
Another great National Day. Well done to all involved in the organising of it again :agree:

Always good to meet up with the old farts again, and the new guys out there as well :cool: Everyone chilling around a camp-fire, beers in hand, happy glowing faces galore, having good laughs, is EXACTLY what our ND should be about :agree: :)

Some cracking track action was going on, and I swear I dribbled a little when I saw Andy's mystery machine on track :laugh: Thanks to all those who gave me pax laps; I'll return the favour next trackday/'ring trip/next year's ND.

Thanks to those that brought some bits n' bobs along to help put old whitey even more back to o.e, in particular Mike (with his crazy hoard of spares!), my main man Big Steve, and me ol' mukka Bill of the J.

As a result of that, and previous help in obtaining o.e parts, I'd like to say many thanks to the Committee for choosing old whitey to win the 'Best Original Car' category. That came as a complete surprise given I hadn't parked in, what I thought, was the correct area, plus I'll be the first to admit it could've done with a good wash. I felt very humble collecting the award, given the other stunning cars that were there, and those that should've been; eg, Big Steve's. Cheers guys.

Damn good AGM as well. Nice to hear everyone being a bit vocal (in a positive/constructive way) which will hopefully help push the club forward. The GTT 25th anniversary Euro trip is gonna be fantastic. Really hoping there's a strong turn-out for that, as a convoy of gtt's/rtoc motors trundling through France will be a sight to behold :)

Anyway, enough waffle from me. Just to end by saying thanks to the Colski for the Party Rings :) You made an old man very happy :D And sorry to Giles for busting your chair (the 45deg' angle wasn't helping matters!), although it did help keep the fire alight for a wee while longer :wasntme: :D

Top darts guys & girls :agree:

Big Steve - Raider
16-08-2009, 19:27
That's the one foxy, top job :agree::)

LINK BRIGSY (http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/red-self-adhesive-trims-59-c.asp) :innocent:

Os8472
16-08-2009, 19:31
Damn good day guys and girls, haven't had so much fun in ages, well not with me clothes on anyway lol

Nice to see so many cars taking part in the track action, nice to see more than just R5's going round, although when Mad Andy's scooby went abit sideways alongside that M3 I did get abit worried :eek:

The AGM was interesting to say the least, yes I agree it was nice to see people getting pasionate about the club again but I think the lack of simple respect and everyone talking at once so no one could hear what was being said was abit poor.

Can't wait to see the plan for next years National Day, my vote goes to Mallory again, it was damn good fun.

Just 1 last thing.......... the peeps who judged the show and shine

ARE YOU MAD, WHY ON EARTH WAS MINE 3RD BEST IN SHOW? YEAH I WAS OVER THE MOON ABOUT IT BUT THERE WAS ALOT MORE DESERVING MOTORS THERE, THANKS THOUGH, MADE MY DAY:agree:

Ricardo
16-08-2009, 19:39
A big thanks to all that organised ND 09 :agree: :cool:

So good to see all the old faces and catch up with news :cool: nice to see some new cars in the club too. We left last night and got home for 10, lovely comfy bed after a nice refreshing shower, a lay in this morning :cool: :cooter: :coffee: :D

The ol Clio never let me down yesterday, 350 miles yesterday inc track mileage, worked out to approx 87 miles on track. She never missed a beat, never had to pop open the bonnet, anything, Yokohama Parada Spec 2 tyres performed spot on considering they're 40 quid a corner. All this and only with 4 gears, pah 105mph going into the 1st corner. :D

dave-sbs
16-08-2009, 19:40
surprised you think your car is'nt good enough to win 3rd in show ollie :scared: , its a stunning all round car which is what the top 3 cars are judged on

TNT ANDY
16-08-2009, 19:40
Best national day to date:agree::agree::agree:

A big thanks to those who made this possible includeing Miller, Stu and the gang.

The Sturday evening was great and at last it seems that most people got together thanks to Big Steve for reeling us in. this was possibly one of the highlights of the weekend.

On the track my Scooby didn't die and seeing all the retro's blatting around / past me this has brought me new inspiration to get mine sorted ASAP, it will not be missing a 3rd year.

Officially - Paul B has a bit of grey matter missing - Thanks for the laps.

Big thanks to Oli's Mrs who sorted me melon out on Saturday after a mungus migrain - top work lass.

Great to see other cars attending that we would not normally see.

Oli - sideways action was all under control.:D

Can't wait for the next official RTOC event.

TNT Andy:D

Kris M
16-08-2009, 19:41
Excellent weekend had by myself

The cup cars first outing went ok, got half a day of laps in, before the thing dumped its oil everywhere then started a strange missfire

Still, massive thanks to Brigsy for the use of the LM 1 and for setting up my carb :agree:, also to Nick Kettle for the oil + other bits, also to Big Dan + team and Mike for the odds and sods

Really good to see the usual good mates + also meet some new :):)

Kris

Os8472
16-08-2009, 19:49
surprised you think your car is'nt good enough to win 3rd in show ollie :scared: , its a stunning all round car which is what the top 3 cars are judged on

Good job I didn't have the bonnet off when they were judging then, its a complete mess of oil and randomness under there lol

Still I think there other cars finished to a much higher standard, my interior for example just gets abused, I never hoover the thing out and there was even a MaccyD's wrapper in the boot lol

Os8472
16-08-2009, 19:50
Big thanks to Oli's Mrs who sorted me melon out on Saturday after a mungus migrain - top work lass.

Great to see other cars attending that we would not normally see.

Oli - sideways action was all under control.:D

Can't wait for the next official RTOC event.

TNT Andy:D

Yeah she is the best ain't she.

Under control? you sure about that lol

robw
16-08-2009, 19:54
another good nat day!thanks to the members that lent me tools.:smokin:
some good drivers on the track
my video camera wouldnt record on my mount,because of the vibrations,but we recorded one holding it,battling with an m3.very shaky!!my linkage bar comes off at the end,so it was game over then..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bRlbDuzNMc
i have some good pics on the way soon

rat1
16-08-2009, 19:59
2 great nights ,1 brilliant day,lots of friendly funny people wot more can you ask .mart loved the chair laughed all most as much as seeing andy's mystery machine on track . thanks 2 all for a great weekend looking forward to the next one

rat1
16-08-2009, 20:06
another good nat day!thanks to the members that lent me tools.:smokin:
some good drivers on the track
my video camera wouldnt record on my mount,because of the vibrations,but we recorded one holding it,battling with an m3.very shaky!!my linkage bar comes off at the end,so it was game over then..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bRlbDuzNMc
i have some good pics on the way soon

just seen the mystery machine on track again lol:laugh::laugh:

The new Bill J
16-08-2009, 20:13
Yet another cracking RTOC National Day.

A massive thanks, and well done, to everyone involved. From the organisers, to the circuit staff, to the members who went, to the scaffolders who provided the firewood (without knowing :laugh: ).

Roll on next year :cool:

Andrew Cooke
16-08-2009, 20:23
just seen the mystery machine on track again lol:laugh::laugh:

3 times no less :D

J8TRO
16-08-2009, 21:50
Top day, thanks to all that organised the event :agree:

After spectating last year I made up for it this year with track attack :satan:

Well chuffed to win the bodywork and paint award.....:D its sat above the fire in my lounge.

Felt well guilty as I was driving Shavers car when 4th gear decided to errr.......go! However it was bloomin awsome before it did! We did manage to get back at a reasonable time today thanks to the trusty AA........"yeah we were on our way to Mallory me AA man there's a bike even on today.............:ashamed:"

Oh also thanks to the master for his advise......."yeah, its ****ed" :laugh:

tonesGTT
16-08-2009, 22:28
Did anyone get a pic of the coupe?..on the track or in the paddock as my battery died on the the camera...just wonderd?...:scratch:

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=774&pictureid=8053

:)

James5
16-08-2009, 22:30
http://www.rtoc.org/files/Events/National%20Day/National%20Day%202009/IMG_5461.JPG

phase i 16 v turbo
16-08-2009, 22:38
Excellent weekend away!!! Now home unpacked, fed and watered. Many thanks to all that made it another great event!

c5 swh
16-08-2009, 22:41
Looks like you all had a really good day.

Hopefully i will be able to make next year:cool:

jesus in the seat of a 5
17-08-2009, 05:39
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=774&pictureid=8053

:)

cheers tones...:)

jesus in the seat of a 5
17-08-2009, 05:40
http://www.rtoc.org/files/Events/National%20Day/National%20Day%202009/IMG_5461.JPG

cheers james...:D

Logg
17-08-2009, 09:14
Yo J I only took a couple of pic's but did get 2 of you wagon! :)

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Events/National%20Day/National%20Day%202009/SL740348.JPG

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Events/National%20Day/National%20Day%202009/SL740349.JPG

wreelybro
17-08-2009, 09:20

Best national day to date:agree::agree::agree:

A big thanks to those who made this possible includeing Miller, Stu and the gang.

Hear Hear!!! top day once again my 2nd and definately the best yet!! :agree::D:agree::D

Cliffie
17-08-2009, 14:05

Hear Hear!!! top day once again my 2nd and definately the best yet!! :agree::D:agree::D

same from me n all

D4WNO
17-08-2009, 14:39
It was the first time seeing ND from a Committee members view and I had an awesome time myself. Didn't get out on any pax laps as Adam broke his car and was doing sign-ons and the shop (and was just chatting too much, lol)

The evening was spot on too, ended up getting to bed at 5am after some awesome chats with new people to me and some old faces too.

One of the funniest parts of the night for me was when I was telling someone about how Duncan barrel-rolled down the hill earlier on, then just as I said "....and then Duncan rolled down the hill", I turned around to see him rolling down it again. It was as if we had practiced it! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

After that I was tempted to say "...and then Dawn won millions on the lottery", but doubted it would have worked :(

Top weekend guys and it was nice to meet some of the newer faces too :D

The new Bill J
17-08-2009, 14:42
One of the funniest parts of the night for me was when I was telling someone about how Duncan barrel-rolled down the hill earlier on, then just as I said "....and then Duncan rolled down the hill", I turned around to see him rolling down it again. It was as if we had practiced it!

:laugh:

I have never seen one person fall down the same hill, so many times, in such a short space of time!

Kris M
17-08-2009, 14:46
One of the funniest parts of the night for me was when I was telling someone about how Duncan barrel-rolled down the hill earlier on, then just as I said "....and then Duncan rolled down the hill", I turned around to see him rolling down it again. It was as if we had practiced it!

:D

You didnt push him did you Dawn ??? :D;)

stuTHC
17-08-2009, 15:18
:laugh:

I have never seen one person fall down the same hill, so many times, in such a short space of time!

I managed to capture one of his chair incidents on camera, unfortunatly it was too dark to get a good one of him falling down the hill-

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=245&pictureid=8080

Dunc, what had you done to piss gravity off so much? it really had the knives out for you :laugh:

Duncan Grier
17-08-2009, 15:36
You didnt push him did you Dawn ??? :D;)

PMSL I did have a few moments of the world rotating :D

Still feel rough today lol

Thanks god Kris M stole my last 8 cans off me ;) think I should stick to shandy :laugh:

Felt ok but balance was not working, must be fatigue..................glad it amused, getting the grass stain out my jacket may not be as easy lol

JimGTT
17-08-2009, 15:49
My 4th nat day and best yet! Had a great day and the 5 done me proud 105miles on track 550 all round trip and never missed a beat:D
Love it:smokin:

Jessop
17-08-2009, 16:03
"One of the funniest parts of the night for me was when I was telling someone about how Duncan barrel-rolled down the hill earlier on, then just as I said "....and then Duncan rolled down the hill", I turned around to see him rolling down it again. It was as if we had practiced it! :laugh::laugh::laugh:"

"someone" ?!?! im offended lol.

That somebody was me :smokin:

However.. the statement was true - was actually hilarous !!

D4WNO
17-08-2009, 17:22
PMSL, I actually wrote Jessop to begin with but then couldn't remember if Jordan was there at that point in the evening yet.

I also just remembered the moment when Stu asked Jaffa to "move the wooden plank into the fire about 6 inches". Then Jaffa proceeded to move it along about 1 inch...Stu said "mate, if you think that's 6 inches...haha" :laugh::wasntme:

There were some awesome moments in the wee hours, thinking about it now really has me giggling to myself :D

stuTHC
17-08-2009, 18:22
:laugh: yeah that 3-5am session was funny, those scaffolding boards were a treat on the fire, loads of heat and lasted ages, im sure adam will agree they were worth the hand full of bird**** he got :laugh:

Adam L
17-08-2009, 18:32
Yeah, absolutley lovely, Stu. The one part of the board you didn't shine the torch on happened to be where I clamped my hand around a 10x2 inch layer of bird ****:laugh:

Matt Cole
17-08-2009, 20:51
Awesome ladies and gentlemen!! Had a cracking time and met a few more people this year. The camping was excellent as usual, the track was just right in complexity and enjoyment. Best of all my 5 did me proud nearly 400 mile round trip and a ragging on the track with only a faulty temp gauge to try and spoil it all! I was pretty worried that the 225 lump would melt to bits with my crap fuel map!!:D

Thanks to everyone that came and had a chat and introduced themselves and most of all thanks to all the club officials for sorting out the another awesome National!:agree:

Miller
17-08-2009, 22:32
Well I had another fantastic day, we got home about 9 last night and went straight to bed, been knackered all day. Both my car and Emma’s car had no issues what so ever the 1500miles we covered between us. Emma’s car even survived the 60ish miles it done on track, not bad considering it only went back on the road on Thursday: D.

I was talking to John Ward (Mallory Park Manager) on Saturday night, and the same as last year his staff had no major issues and was very impressed with the level of driving standards. He just wished all his days could run this smooth…..we make their life very easy.

I am going to start a thread in a few days time with all the AGM stuff that went on and list who won what with regards to trophies, etc. I am waiting on the trophy winners pictures to come through. We will also get on with the new “My Area Representative” board once we have the updated list.

Phill Walker (the camera and video man) should be online soon as I have just up-graded him to trader so he will now have full access to the site. He should have the disc ready in the next week or so please be patent as I know it will be worth it.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all the Committee Members that helped out on the day and everyone else that offered their assistance. Also to all the members that turned up on the day to make it what it was, their would be no club without you.

Looking forward to organising next year’s.

Regards
Chris:)

Gttnutter
17-08-2009, 22:45
had a really good time this year and my 5 made it to an event for its 1st time in my ownership....

would like to hear what went on in the AGM so that would be great with details :agree:

I will be making sure i clean the inside and outside better next year to put it in for a chance to win something :)

Kenobi
18-08-2009, 08:11
had a really good time this year and my 5 made it to an event for its 1st time in my ownership....

would like to hear what went on in the AGM so that would be great with details :agree:

I will be making sure i clean the inside and outside better next year to put it in for a chance to win something :)

Bless. :agree:

philthedoctor
18-08-2009, 11:08

Hey all, even us doing the photos and DVD had a good time. You're a good bunch and easy to get on with :)

For all you guys who took your motor onto the track you can rest assured it will be included on the finished DVD as we got film of everyone who went out (yes even your van :) ).
There is also going to be a disc full of photos from the day thrown in with the DVD so we are confident that everyone was caught on film/photo.

If you want to order a copy of the DVD see the national day 2009 thread and the post titled ORDER YOUR NATIONAL DAY DVD AND PHOTOS HERE.

warpspeed
18-08-2009, 19:05
Had a fantastic weekend, 150 miles on track and made some new friends! couldn't be better! :D had to give the pulsar back today though :crap: decided not to buy it and finish some of my other projects. Cant wait for next years nd and hopefully some more events in between. Sat nite was a great laugh, went with Stu, Adam n Jordan to get firewood, funny thing is it took about 10 mins to get there and about 2 mins to get back :laugh:

D4WNO
18-08-2009, 19:15
You dirty thieves! :laugh:

It was nice to meet you, Scott :)

warpspeed
18-08-2009, 21:59
You dirty thieves! :laugh:

It was nice to meet you, Scott :)

Guilty as charged m'lord!!!! :wasntme:

Good to meet you too Dawn, was relieved i didn't have to sit on the other side of the fire to avoid getting pushed down the hill! sayin that Duncan managed quite well all by himself! :laugh:

Kenobi
18-08-2009, 22:12
Is there enough interest to make mallory park day bi-annual???

J8TRO
18-08-2009, 23:23
:goodpost:

Pete@Backyard Racing
18-08-2009, 23:49
ND 09 was an awesome weekend of great weather, track time, nice cars, great members and a good old beer fest round the camp fire.
It was good to see the cars flat out through the corners as well as the straights.( And no major accidents on the track was a very good outcome.)
It was great to put faces 2 names. I met loads of new people (2 may to list) as well as catching up with old friends.

Big thanks 2 emma b for introducing me 2 lots of new people. :)

stuTHC
19-08-2009, 11:45

No.

T.K
19-08-2009, 12:08
Personally, I think Bedford Autodrome again next year! :smokin:

It is SUCH an awesome venue, we just didn't make the most of it last time because the track day organisers were total killjoy spazzy bellends and stopped us using 2/3rds of the space for most of the day. :disagree:

I say we jib off Javelin, or whoever it was, and do it ourselves (or hire the marshalls from Mallory if we need them for insurance reasons- they were chilled with the still). We could then have:

1) a decent WIDE track running all day with open pit lane. No crashing at the 'drome!;
2) 0-60/ quarter mile sprint track so everyone can have fun;
3) an autotest or slalom circuit, perhaps with a prize;
4) a lift off oversteer play area on the AWESOME bottom bend.

And a general festival of renault badassery.

We could conceivably run it like TOTB and have (3 car?) teams competing for prizes on the basis of various drag/ sprint/ show and shine etc. tests.

It could be so, so, so good. We shall call it 'Turbofoolery- RTOC National Day 010'.

I have had these grand plans before.. :coffee:

Brigsy
19-08-2009, 12:13
If your thinking of 2006 that was at bruntingthorpe. Im sure i read the db limit there was 89 now which rules out most of the cars in the club.

BriC
19-08-2009, 12:13
Personally, I think Bedford Autodrome again next year! :smokin:

It is SUCH an awesome venue, we just didn't make the most of it last time because the track day organisers were total killjoy spazzy bellends and stopped us using 2/3rds of the space for most of the day. :disagree:

I say we jib off Javelin, or whoever it was, and do it ourselves (or hire the marshalls from Mallory if we need them for insurance reasons- they were chilled with the still). We could then have:

1) a decent WIDE track running all day with open pit lane. No crashing at the 'drome!;
2) 0-60/ quarter mile sprint track so everyone can have fun;
3) an autotest or slalom circuit, perhaps with a prize;
4) a lift off oversteer play area on the AWESOME bottom bend.

And a general festival of renault badassery.

We could conceivably run it like TOTB and have (3 car?) teams competing for prizes on the basis of various drag/ sprint/ show and shine etc. tests.

It could be so, so, so good. We shall call it 'Turbofoolery- RTOC National Day 010'.

I have had these grand plans before.. :coffee:

That sounds sweet :agree:

stuTHC
19-08-2009, 12:17
Bedford autodrome certainly is a good venue, trouble is i think it is somewhere in the region of £25,000 to hire for the day, maybe more now. And if we did sponge from an organised trackday ie Javilin, we would be limited to 45-50 places on track.
Also what you say about the marshalls has put me off if they are bellends, we have no say over the marshalls, if we hire Bedford, they supply the marshalls.

We will be looking at venues for next year more closely very soon and posting up a shortlist of options for members to vote on.

T.K
19-08-2009, 12:18
If your thinking of 2006 that was at bruntingthorpe. Im sure i read the db limit there was 89 now which rules out most of the cars in the club.

Noise limits are fine at Brunters in reality. They put that out there to keep Nimbys happy. 5s are very quiet on boost anyway. Not going to argue about it.

Mart
19-08-2009, 12:25
Bedford would be great, but I can't see you getting much change out of a 5-figure sum.

That's pretty much the same for all the 'big' tracks - Silverstone, Donington, Brands, Rockingham, etc, unless you go right out of season; ie, Winter.

You might stand a better chance at somewhere like Cadwell Park, Snetterton, Oulton Park.

For anyone fancying an rtoc trackday at Oulton Park in the meantime (around mid-November), watch this space...

Brigsy
19-08-2009, 12:27
I recall you had to bodge a can over your side exit on your gtt to get it through a static test, they cant be that quiet eh;) My van would fail for sure..

Anyway the airfield events get :agree: from me.

BriC
19-08-2009, 12:34
For anyone fancying an rtoc trackday at Oulton Park in the meantime (around mid-November), watch this space...

Not too far for me :agree:

stuTHC
19-08-2009, 12:39
Bedford would be great, but I can't see you getting much change out of a 5-figure sum.

That's pretty much the same for all the 'big' tracks - Silverstone, Donington, Brands, Rockingham, etc, unless you go right out of season; ie, Winter.

You might stand a better chance at somewhere like Cadwell Park, Snetterton, Oulton Park.

As i say, Bedford is £25,000 at least, same with Cadwell, Snetterton and Oulton.
Silverstone, Brands and Donny are upwards of £30,000 and Rockingham is even more.
It all makes the £9,000 we pay for Mallory, and £3500 we pay for Pod look like bargain of the centuary.
The only way we'll get as cheap as Mallory is to go to an airfield again (tyre killers) or somewhere like Croft, which is too far North for most, or Knockhill, which is to far North for everyone but miller :laugh:

BriC
19-08-2009, 12:44
Whilst I know it's a bigger risk for the club to spend so much money on a more expensive track, I'm sure people wouldn't mind paying more for tracktime, as £45 for a full day of open pit trackday is beyond cheap IMO.

D4WNO
19-08-2009, 12:47
Despite it being a risk, we don't have the funds in the accounts to even pay for the hire, nevermind insurance and security etc, that'd be nice lol

One of the great things about RTOC is that days like this are HEAVILY subsidised for the members, no subsidisation could happen at all if we were to pay for a day like that and it'd cost you all about 4/5 times what you've all recently been paying. The bargains RTOC is known for will be long gone

Matt Cole
19-08-2009, 12:51
Whilst I know it's a bigger risk for the club to spend so much money on a more expensive track, I'm sure people wouldn't mind paying more for tracktime, as £45 for a full day of open pit trackday is beyond cheap IMO.

Speak for yourself!! by the time you put travel fuel on, track fuel and food and bits n bobs, your looking at a £200-250 for the weekend. I for one could not afford much more than what it cost me.

Andrew Cooke
19-08-2009, 12:56

feel free to pay more

T.K
19-08-2009, 13:35
I recall you had to bodge a can over your side exit on your gtt to get it through a static test, they cant be that quiet eh;) My van would fail for sure..

Anyway the airfield events get :agree: from me.

At Hullavington.. I had the Toyota at Bedford and it was completely unsilenced. :agree:

BriC
19-08-2009, 13:58
Speak for yourself!! by the time you put travel fuel on, track fuel and food and bits n bobs, your looking at a £200-250 for the weekend. I for one could not afford much more than what it cost me.

Fair comment, but I was talking just about the track time.

Oulton park for a similar day would cost around £200.

Mart
19-08-2009, 14:11
Fair comment, but I was talking just about the track time.

Oulton park for a similar day would cost around £200.

Won't be anywhere near that price for rtoc's trackday there in November ;) :agree:

stuTHC
19-08-2009, 14:42
I hear what your saying Bric, and we'll present our options for the venue of ND 2010 to the members taking everything into account, so for example we'll say choose between Mallory at £50 per person, or Snetterton at £80, or Bedford at £70 etc.......but Matts point is very vaild as well, it is an expensive weekend for some even if they dont go on track

We've also got to consider the other aspects of the day/night. Mallory are so chilled out it's untrue! I dont think the bods at Silverstone for example would take too kindly to use burning their scaffloding boards at 5am on the campsite :laugh:

Karlos
19-08-2009, 15:35
Sounds like you all had a great day / long weekend :) :beer:

Looking forward to next year as I should be set free :)

jesus in the seat of a 5
19-08-2009, 17:27
Yo J I only took a couple of pic's but did get 2 of you wagon! :)

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Events/National%20Day/National%20Day%202009/SL740348.JPG

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Events/National%20Day/National%20Day%202009/SL740349.JPG

just seen these, cheers logg ole buddy , shame it went boobies up....:laugh:

Kenobi
19-08-2009, 17:31
No.

I disagree.

clee
19-08-2009, 18:05
I disagree.

You gonna bankroll it then Obi wan ?

2 x Mallory is going to cost around 18k and we only want one National Day don't we ?
We would be better off trying to sort a BIG trackday for the RTOC rather than exclusive hire .I know I'd do another Cadwell anytime .Perhaps we can have a word with TA-OL and sort a French day event .

stuTHC
19-08-2009, 18:12
2 Mallory days would dilute ND too much.
I fear that the Pod day slightly distracts from the specialness of ND, 2 days at Mallory defo would.
More bigger events are on the cards for next year thou, hopefully peeps will be a bit more financially secure by then :)

clee
19-08-2009, 18:45
Some pics ..Brigys ....last of the Mohicans ,looking very confused ....White Mans Magic :laugh:

jaffa
19-08-2009, 20:12
most of u are still high off another fantastic national day.....lets just see how many turn up for mart's trackday in november shall we when the excitement has settled.....:sad2:

u can guarantee on the regulars as usual :agree::cool:

Mart
19-08-2009, 21:39
u can guarantee on the regulars as usual :agree::cool:

As always :agree: :cool:

paul b
10-09-2009, 17:04
well, what can i say...finally back, all unpacked and sorted...LOL...yes, it took that long..

so, had a great time at nat day, Mallory was as always a simple but challenging track and the marshalls are very fair on whats classed as "fun" on track and whats dangerous, hats off to them again for letting us play..

did not realise how sunny it was till my head started peeling , LOL, my dad and brother came to watch and loved every minute so they're hoping to come to another meet or trackday soon..

cheers for laps I got in the R26R, TNT's mad 5 too....needs a bit more gear lever throw and your sorted Ross... :smokin:

cheers too for the track etiquette...all seemed good on track and for the first time ever I enjoyed myself so much I never took a pic or even put my video camera in the car...shame,,,as I witnessed a few moment's...LOL...

thanks too for the comment's from the passenger's I took out...seems I have a cult following and an orderly queue now at trackday's...big smiles...always welcome..

ordered my DVD and pics from the day, but if anyone has anything of the old 9 ,on or off track I'd appreciate it...

roll on the next one....let's hope it's half as good, cheers to all who organised it all.
:agree:

James_Surridge G1 5 GTT
10-09-2009, 21:52
Big up the RTOC Staff. Miller your a gent. Clee thanks for the stickers and the 21 advice.

Thanks to Mr Sturridge and the Mrs for the soft drinks.

Thanks to Gtnutter for the chips and the fun of watching him pap himself in the mini.

Good to See Haz and crew, that 5 looks wicked Haz.

Absolutley Loved the Black Renault 11 top lads aswell (who are you on here?)

Shakal and PaulB good to meet you both loving your cars.

Dj, Alex, Dickee, feel the Local Love boys.:agree:

Jesus Christ its SURRIDGE!!:laugh::agree: