PDA

View Full Version : Santa pod 29th August Late night racing

Dave Reed
14-08-2009, 19:07
Anyone going? I'm trying to get the Weekend off!! :burnrubber:

Rob@Backyardracing
14-08-2009, 21:58
I may be there for the day Dave, wont be racing...

Dave Reed
14-08-2009, 22:02
Cool. I so hope i can get it off!! You still not found an engine? I no there was a few on ebay when I looked the other day. Might go this route with the CRX :D

Scoff
14-08-2009, 22:14
I should be running :cool:

Rob@Backyardracing
14-08-2009, 22:26
Cool. I so hope i can get it off!! You still not found an engine? I no there was a few on ebay when I looked the other day. Might go this route with the CRX :D

:scared: what you mean we dont break engines :D hay hoo... least we know some limits to some things... we havent been looking to be honest. Looking in to cams tho etc and have an idea in mind... just need to get cash in pot to knock it together... Be nice to make the last sat night spec of the year or jap final... :)

Dave Reed
14-08-2009, 22:51
I should be running :cool:

About time too :D I haven't heard much about your car since the break you had. Glad to hear it's back up and running though :agree:

Maybe we could have a little side by side if I go :D

Rob,
Arr thought you was on the look out cause you said you should be down the breakers lol

Scoff
14-08-2009, 23:01
Yes ok dave, would love to :cool: It's been together for a while, there just doesn't seem to have been a worthwhile event on when I've been free.

Dave Reed
14-08-2009, 23:06
Yeah I no what you mean. I was soooo gutted when my car didn't make it to the RTOC day. I even had a ticket...... :cry:

I went USC but to be honest wish I hadn't botherd, sand on the start line, what's that all about?????? I no why they do it, but the amount they charge it's bull*****

I really wanted to go this weekend (Nat day) but working all weekend :cry:

Scoff
14-08-2009, 23:12
USC :cry::p The sand isn't sand though, aparantly! It's not suposed to affect traction, but I think it probably does. I wouldn't stage if I saw all that **** on the line :D

allanr5gtt
15-08-2009, 11:07
i got told the sand that's not sand was there because a corsa drop it's box.

Dave Reed
21-08-2009, 08:02
Right defo going :D :D :D

See whoever is going there. O and will be there early tomorrow morning (leaving tonight:D) so if you want to set up next to us feel free :agree:

Dave Reed
23-08-2009, 16:54
Well just got back from pod. managed a PB of 11.53 @ 120 mph

But then broke on the next run :cry:

Still was a great weekend weather was perfect and track was good.

Rob@Backyardracing
23-08-2009, 18:17
Well done Dave, good going... i take it you havent changed much since last event on the tune?

Dave Reed
24-08-2009, 14:38
Well done Dave, good going... i take it you havent changed much since last event on the tune?

Cheers Rob. Not too much has changed I up'd the gas a little which seemed to help :D

Finally got a 1.85 60 ft which I was happy with so the traction bars seem like they are helping :agree:

Rob@Backyardracing
24-08-2009, 18:00
Did you change your alignment at all? or just fit the bars...

Dave Reed
24-08-2009, 18:03
Did you change your alignment at all? or just fit the bars...

Nope just fitted the bars...

Rob you spoken to Scoff? what happend to him? I see his car smoke at the end of the strip but didn't see him after that......

Rob@Backyardracing
24-08-2009, 18:28
Ye he text me that morning, i couldnt make the day down, nothing to big of an issue that he cant sort for next event tho... :) still a shame tho, would have been good see a 10 from that 5...

Scoff
24-08-2009, 19:37
Hi Dave

good to meet you on the day, don't think I'd spoken to you before then ? (apologies if I had :D )

I killed the rings on one pot and started to melt the corner off the piston. Log showed it lean off in top gear, I think I just ran out of fuel plain and simple, maybe only a few litres in the tank, thinking it may have just surged to the back and ended up with air in the rail as I emptied the swirl pot. No big issue, bore is fine.

Dave Reed
24-08-2009, 22:07
good i'm glad it was nothing to serious, I did have a walk over but couldn't see you or your car so thought you must of left.

yeah was good to have a chat think we spoke once before but I can't be sure either :ashamed::ashamed:

mine let go on the next run :cry: but hey that's racing for you lol. Not stripped it down yet but it's either head gasket or liner either way it will just get built stronger lol. :D

stuTHC
24-08-2009, 22:12
11.53 :cool: awesome time Dave, nice one. Shame it went pop, hope it's just the gasket.

Dave Reed
24-08-2009, 22:16
Thanks stu :agree: