PDA

View Full Version : Wheel bearing

RAGOONEY
14-08-2009, 14:56
My front wheel bearing noise has been driving me mad for ages! Am replacing the stub axle carrier, wheel hub and bearing all at the same time. Any hints tips to make it as easy as possible? I have just replaced the track rod end and ball joint so they will come un-done easily! :)

dave r5
14-08-2009, 16:03
a big impact gun to undo the hub nut.

Arrows
14-08-2009, 16:27
If you do not have an impact gun you can use a long bar on the end of your ratchet as the extra length will give you the leverage you need.

TrixNFlix
14-08-2009, 16:40
If you do not have an impact gun you can use a long bar on the end of your ratchet as the extra length will give you the leverage you need.
As andrew says this is a great method and works a treat. Just be careful when you retighten them as I managed to smash my rachet into smithereens!:crap: me and my is it tight enough? ... Oh go on then just a little bit more..... Oh rats:sad2:

Gymnast
14-08-2009, 16:45
You could consult Mr. Haynes for the torque figures ... use a torque wrench (also, they're usually pretty long) this way it's not too tight and it won't fall off :)

Something I learnt the hard way ... always make sure your caliper bolts are tight! :ashamed: it's not much fun when the front caliper pops down and jams against the inside of the rim :sad2:

dave r5
14-08-2009, 17:07
it will also help if u have sum 1 wiv u to apply the brake wilst in gear.

failing that stick a screw driver in the disc.

just make sure its secure on axle stands

Spooky
14-08-2009, 18:03
front hub nuts are tightened to 250nm from memory.