PDA

View Full Version : Carb problem

IANMM
14-08-2009, 00:18
ok just finishing off a engine rebuild but it looks like the carb is blocked....got fuel at the carb but its not coming through to the carb its-self tried blowing through the fuel inlet to the carb but its wont allow air through

any ideas going to strip it down tomorrow just want your opinions

THE MASTER
14-08-2009, 00:50
your not gonna blow any air into the float chamber if the float is full of fuel. simple innit if the float chamber is full you ant gonna get any more in

think you might have other probs . lets see how this thread progresses
all details and notes realy help
;)

IANMM
14-08-2009, 08:40
yeah i will know more once i have opened it up see if there is any fuel in it at all

Mart
14-08-2009, 08:43
ok just finishing off a engine rebuild but it looks like the carb is blocked....got fuel at the carb but its not coming through to the carb its-self tried blowing through the fuel inlet to the carb but its wont allow air through

any ideas going to strip it down tomorrow just want your opinions

If you've got fuel at the carb inlet, but not in the float chamber, it can only be 2 things - Blocked filter within the inlet nozzle, or the needle valve has stuck shut for some reason (could be cr8p occluding the valve itself, or a problem with the float setup keeping the valve closed).

I'd go for the needle valve being at fault...

Ryan p
14-08-2009, 18:03
i take it u got the fuel pump running in the end then

IANMM
25-08-2009, 08:57
yeah the fuel wasnt getting through from the float chamber so i just swapped it with a spare bottom end of the carb and hey presto....got to strip the old one down and have a looksy its obv blocked up somewhere along the lines