PDA

View Full Version : O.E key fob ----> battery p/no.?

tobester
12-08-2009, 13:58
Hey peeps, any ideas on the part no. of the three batteries fitted to the original central locking key fob? Just gone to replace mine and there are three very thin jobbies in there packed out with an m4 nut!:ashamed:

Any help would be appreciated.

gtmatt
12-08-2009, 14:05
hi me dnt go to renault for batterys got to you local hardware store for them its just a standard type button battery you can get them from most places cheaper then renault:)

I use my local electrical supplier

Hoolio
12-08-2009, 14:18
Yeah will cost you a couple of quid each.All those button cells are the same voltage regardless of size, the previous owner whatever got batteries that were the incorrect height so they would not fiil the space between the contacts.

I think they are SR43 which are 11.6 mm by 4.2 (but that's off the top of my head)

tobester
12-08-2009, 17:40
Yeah will cost you a couple of quid each.All those button cells are the same voltage regardless of size, the previous owner whatever got batteries that were the incorrect height so they would not fiil the space between the contacts.

I think they are SR43 which are 11.6 mm by 4.2 (but that's off the top of my head)

Definately not SR43, have just bough three and can only squeeze two into the holder, any other suggestions?

tonesGTT
12-08-2009, 20:29
Just whipped mine out of the fob i have. All thats written on the back of them is '189' - this may be of no help at all, but at least i looked, right?!

Just take the fob into an electrical store and show them :)

Junglist
12-08-2009, 20:34
pound shop !! they do a big pack of about 50 different sizes for you guesed it a pound

Hoolio
13-08-2009, 10:02
Definately not SR43, have just bough three and can only squeeze two into the holder, any other suggestions?

Sorry, I did say it was off the top of my head. I checked mine last night and it's the size down, same diameter but not as deep.

SR1130 or 390 depending on the manufacturer, but take the fob along with you when you buy.

tobester
13-08-2009, 20:35
Just whipped mine out of the fob i have. All thats written on the back of them is '189' - this may be of no help at all, but at least i looked, right?!

Just take the fob into an electrical store and show them :)

These guys must have an ancient or backward listing as they don't recognise or cross over the 189! thanks for checking though!

tobester
13-08-2009, 20:40
Sorry, I did say it was off the top of my head. I checked mine last night and it's the size down, same diameter but not as deep.

SR1130 or 390 depending on the manufacturer, but take the fob along with you when you buy.

No apology necessary!! i'd read the "off the top of my head bit" thought i'd take a chance anyway! Although big thanks for popping your fob open, sr1130 was recognised and they swapped over the wrong ones for me. Thank you again, means i don't have to look like a flid anymore trying to unlock the doors(delocked)!