PDA

View Full Version : First Mods

littleg
12-08-2009, 06:43
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi, i have at last sold my kit car and now have the money to go and get a 5 gt turbo. If i was to get a standard car what would be yr first mods to carry out?

Or do you look for a car with the mods and pay a bit more?

Cheers, G

TNT ANDY
12-08-2009, 06:49
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi, i have at last sold my kit car and now have the money to go and get a 5 gt turbo. If i was to get a standard car what would be yr first mods to carry out?

Or do you look for a car with the mods and pay a bit more?

Cheers, G

How much do you have to spend???

jantheeven
12-08-2009, 09:41
Personally, I'd go for a 5GTT with a (near) standard engine bay. That way, you can do all the mods yourself and learn a lot about the car doing it! When I bought mine, everything under the bonnet was completely standard, so it was a great learning experience doing all the mods I have today. And a lot of fun too! But if you're a bit lazier, then go for a modified car... ;)

Andrew Cooke
12-08-2009, 10:05
it's going to be a lot cheaper to buy the car you want rather than build the car you want. The old advice of buying a standard car doesn't really hold any more, it's more about how it's been used and maintained.

Either way you'll have plenty of opportunities to learn about the car:D

My first mods would be to replace everything that was worn, engine, brakes, suspension.

5teve L
12-08-2009, 10:09
I personally start with suspension & brakes. Then tweak things from there in the engine. Depands on money & time you have to fit things/tinker.

Deano
12-08-2009, 10:16
I'd make sure you've not got a load of this first :dearme: :wasntme:
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=156&pictureid=1156

phase i 16 v turbo
12-08-2009, 11:01
If it is a nice standard car keep it that way as there aren't that many left! Buy one that has had all the money spent on it already.

tonesGTT
12-08-2009, 20:22
If it is a nice standard car keep it that way as there aren't that many left! Buy one that has had all the money spent on it already.

:agree: