PDA

View Full Version : GTT on ebay ***BEWARE***

Nayls
10-08-2009, 22:21
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1989-RENAULT-5-GT-TURBO-BLACK-NON-SUNROOF-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ120455763818QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAu tomobiles_UK?hash=item1c0bb9176a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

This 5 used to belong to my mate,when he owned it,it was crashed & wrote off!!!

Just thought i'd post it incase anyone is intrested in the car as the current owner has not stated the write off in his ad & i know that he was informed of it.

Mudslinger
11-08-2009, 00:14
:laugh: great way to scare off fellow bidders ;)

or possibly saving someone from buying a wringer , You decide ? :laugh:

TNT ANDY
11-08-2009, 06:43

I've just asked him if this car has been written off - only fair really.

5teve L
11-08-2009, 08:22
My wife's old GTT was crashed & written off, we argued & had it repaired.. whats the story with this one then Gary, was it the same sort of thing, bought back & repaired. It must be legal as it says it has MOT & TAX.
What was the damage, front or rear end, moderate or light, we all know what insurance companies are like :wasntme:

Andrew Cooke
11-08-2009, 08:26
My wife's old GTT was crashed & written off, we argued & had it repaired.. whats the story with this one then Gary, was it the same sort of thing, bought back & repaired. It must be legal as it says it has MOT & TAX.
What was the damage, front or rear end, moderate or light, we all know what insurance companies are like :wasntme:

with a 5 you don't need much more than the glovebox need emptying for it to be a write off.

5teve L
11-08-2009, 08:35
with a 5 you don't need much more than the glovebox need emptying for it to be a write off.
:laugh:

Very true.

Nayls
11-08-2009, 10:20

Busted!:(;) you know me too well! :laugh:

BriC
11-08-2009, 10:23
Busted!:(;) you know me too well! :laugh:

:laugh: You cheeky sod!

Nayls
11-08-2009, 10:23
seriously though,it was 5hitpots old 5,he used to be a member on the old site.

light/medium front end damage,enough for 5hitpot to only sell the 5 for £300,fair enough the car can still be used but he is'nt stating the write off.

BriC
11-08-2009, 10:29
Was it recorded as a write off?

Nayls
11-08-2009, 10:31
Was it recorded as a write off?

yeah,he had a pay out on it.

tonesGTT
11-08-2009, 10:50
Its Cat C. Anyone who HPI's it will find this out :)

rs250nut
11-08-2009, 11:20
I brought a car from some one off here to find out it had been involved in an insurance claim of some sort with the previous owner not tellinng me:dearme:

Daryl_357
11-08-2009, 18:35
I thought the current owner only had to state if it was a write off when asked?

trojan
11-08-2009, 21:05
nope, don't need to state, it's just curtious.

What I mean by that is by law its not compulsory to declare the vehicle has been written off, as far as DVLA are concerned the vehicle has been identity checked and the car (if it has MOT) is deemed roadworthy and safe. Furthermore, the V5 documentation will declare if the car has been VIC'd.

The law changes however if the car has NOT yet been VIC'd after a claim.

Most genuine sellers will state whether or not a car has been cat d or c.

Cat D is light damage - No VIC required
Cat C - Deemed beyond economical repair/stolen recovered
Cat B- Usually not allowed back on road
Cat A- sling it in the bin, never to be used on road again- Severe damage.

However with a commercial vehicle no identity check required regardless of the amount of damage.

I believe this all to be true, correct me if i am wrong. :D

JRP
11-08-2009, 21:18
CAT A is fatalitie in vehical mr plod told me

trojan
11-08-2009, 21:36
Category A A vehicle which should have been totally crushed, including all its spare parts. Category B A vehicle from which spare parts may be salvaged, but the bodyshell should have been crushed and the car should never return to the road. Category C An extensively damaged vehicle which the insurer has decided not to repair, but which could be repaired and returned to the road. Category D A damaged vehicle which the insurer has decided not to repair, but which could be repaired and returned to the road. Category F A vehicle damaged by fire, which the insurer has decided not to repair. Theft These vehicles have not been recovered and ownership rests with the insurer who made the total loss payment. They are able to repossess the car as soon as it is identified, even if it has been bought innocently.

scratcher
11-08-2009, 22:59
They are able to repossess the car as soon as it is identified, even if it has been bought innocently.

How sad would you be if that happened!!