PDA

View Full Version : We are filming national day 09 and need help

philthedoctor
10-08-2009, 21:59
First post!

Hi guys, me and my dad have arranged to come and film you guys on saturday 15th august at mallory and we will produce a nice DVD of the day. We will be selling copies of the DVD to anyone who wants one but i could do with a bit of info just to help us out.

We would like to come down to the campsite on the friday evening and introduce ourselves and meet some of you guys before the event so could anyone tell me where the campsite is please?

Also if anyone has any kind of itinerary that they could mail to me so we know what is happening at what time to help us know where to be with the cameras this would be really helpful.

Thanks for any help you can give us and if anyone can mail a copy of an itinerary to me my email address is.. p328532@msn.com

Thanks again and dont forget to give the cameras a wave on saturday ;)

Kris M
10-08-2009, 22:03
the campsite is the field literally next to the track, by the start finish line :)

dave-sbs
10-08-2009, 22:15
the hairpin ( devils elbow) is usualy a good place to watch from , generaly the middle of the circuit where the cars will be parked throughout the day , and the camping antics is where its at !

D4WNO
11-08-2009, 04:44
I assume you've passed this with Miller and the track?

philthedoctor
11-08-2009, 09:28
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

D4WNO....

My dad who is the photographer organised this quite some time ago and has been in contact with miller. He has apparently at some point in the past put a post on your forums to mention this and see how much interest there would be from you guys in buying copies of the DVD and he came back to us and said there was a lot of interest. Because i am not a paid up member though i can only access this 1 link on your forums so cannot go and find this post. As for the track, they are aware of what we are doing and we just need to introduce ourselves to them on the day to get some passes to wear while we are wandering about filming.

Kris M

Is the campsite field accessed from inside mallory park or from outside somewhere?
It would be nice for us to come down on friday evening and get some of you guys on film at the campsite since this is all part of the event.

dave-sbs

Thanks for that, we will have 2 video cameras running so will be able to make sure we get lots of nice shots of it all and the photographer will be there taking nice still shots of everything.

The idea is to produce a nice DVD that will also include a CD with all the still photographs taken on the CD.

As i have said on my first post, an itinerary would be really helpful if anyone could suggest how we can get hold of one.

clee
11-08-2009, 09:35

D4WNO
11-08-2009, 09:35
That's great, just checking as I know Mallory are quite strict about their rules :agree:

Re: The campsite - It is inside Mallory Park, basically drive through the main gates, follow the road round and you'll see us all on the left in the field :)

I'll post up a link to the flyer in a moment for you, which has the itinerary on it

D4WNO
11-08-2009, 09:36
I'll post up a link to the flyer in a moment for you, which has the itinerary on it

Pipped to the post lol

clee
11-08-2009, 09:39
Tooooo slowwww A-D4WNO :D

D4WNO
11-08-2009, 09:43
:cry:

philthedoctor
11-08-2009, 10:41
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Nice 1 guys, thx for all the help. We'll see you all there and dont forget...... smile :)