PDA

View Full Version : oil level indicator question

Pigsnake
10-08-2009, 21:48
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi , what should the oil level indicator do? Mine is going up and down when i am driving. when i got the car a month ago it would go up when turned ignition on then when started it would go back down. cheers:scratch:

James5
10-08-2009, 21:54

Hi , what should the oil level indicator do? Mine is going up and down when i am driving. when i got the car a month ago it would go up when turned ignition on then when started it would go back down. cheers:scratch:

Sounds about right matey, when you first trun the car on it acts as an oil level but when the car is running it does oil pressure hence the up and down on the gauge

Pigsnake
10-08-2009, 22:08

Sounds about right matey, when you first trun the car on it acts as an oil level but when the car is running it does oil pressure hence the up and down on the gauge
Thanks. I wanted to check it was a pressure gauge aswell,only i read in the hand book it should go straight back down. So was a bit confussed. cheers :agree:

Nick k
11-08-2009, 00:27
Your lucky, they normally come as standard broken :D

mightymanx
11-08-2009, 01:07
mines a pain tryed changeing the oil sender switch thing and rewireing it and checking the clock end it works 4 a bit then doesnt :laugh:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
11-08-2009, 18:08
My old phase 1 GTT oil pressure gauge only worked when the heater was on full blast out of the O/S heater vent:laugh: Those were the days!!