PDA

View Full Version : engine transplant/meet

Shakes
10-08-2009, 21:18
The works mechanic was supposed to be removing the engine and fitting it into my other shell last week, but has let me down plus he has let our boss down on a few of his cars so hes been fired, which leaves me stuck and calling out to you kind rtoc'ers for help..something i didnt want to do :cry:
so basically i need to remove the engine from one shell to another also the front coilovers and sidey. i have a large garage to work in:agree: so whats in it for you? well if a couple of people want to help i can provide pizza during the day and lots of beer, i have some spare rooms for you to stay over (not exactly the ritz though) on the night we can go for curry & out to the local lapdancing bar, or into town, :drunk:.
all paid for for ya:agree: i also have some spares im willing to let you have, brand new front and rear discs, used oe rad, chrome oil catch tank, various other bits and bobs.
if ur wiling to help please let me know so we can arrange a date many thanx;)

dave r5
10-08-2009, 21:28
bin to an engine swap/meet b 4 an was much fun, even tho i was in a sorry state
(just had my appendix out lol)

i wud love to cum along but bristols like drive to spain for me lol

Markey Mark (BD)
10-08-2009, 21:30
When you thinking of doing it mate, if i can get abit of spare time i will pop along and give you a hand

Shakes
10-08-2009, 21:46
nice thanks for the interest:agree: yea its a shame ur so far out dave :cry:
wicked mark would br great im just trying to get a convinent date from the kind people like yourself anytime is good for me sooner the better;) ps u liked the chick in the lapdancing pic didnt you :laugh:

Spooky
10-08-2009, 21:47
count me in slag...get it done in a day :D

Chris Hebden
10-08-2009, 22:05
I would be up for a engine swapping session!

Nayls
10-08-2009, 22:26
what did i tell you luke!?!?!?!? ;)

there's you thinking it would just be me & you :laugh:

Spooky
10-08-2009, 23:34
How desperate are you Luke ?

We could do it before this weekend for ND ? ;) :D

jesus in the seat of a 5
11-08-2009, 04:41
How desperate are you Luke ?

We could do it before this weekend for ND ? ;) :D

:laugh:...especially as it will only take a day..............:cooter:, im more than willing to help...uhh hum {catch tank}.....hint , hint...;), first my trailer , now me....:laugh:, i did text to see how this was going, guess that explains it..:(, its gonna have to be after national for me buddy.

Nayls
11-08-2009, 10:18
:laugh:...especially as it will only take a day..............:cooter:,

Matt,why do you think an engine switch & fitting some seats cant be done in a day :confused:
fair enough there may be loose ends to tie up but it can be done easily!

BriC
11-08-2009, 10:21
I'd be up for it, but I really need to get my own engine in my own car.. oh and the fact that you're fecking miles away

Spooky
11-08-2009, 10:26
i dont think he meant anything by it gaz :cooter:

i used to be able to swap an entire engine at my old work place inside 4hrs :ashamed: :D

Andrew Cooke
11-08-2009, 10:28

i used to be able to swap an entire engine at my old work place inside 4hrs :ashamed: :D

unfortunately everyone else could build a whole car in 27 seconds

Nayls
11-08-2009, 10:29

i know mate :) im not having a go :)

seriously though,when they picked the shell up,jesus was laughing at me & saying there was absolutely no chance of doing it in a day!

Spooky
11-08-2009, 10:31
unfortunately everyone else could build a whole car in 27 seconds

now now, just because the twingo isnt working, no need to get shirty andrew :cooter: :D

Spooky
11-08-2009, 10:33
Get hold of Luke and get him stripping the engine bay a bit.

If he can get a lot of the fiddly stuff out of the way, thats half the job done. Get the rad and fmic out of the way etc.

Drop the fluids, disconnect the balljoints/driveshafts and pull it out and over to the other shell lol

EASY :smokin:

Chris Hebden
11-08-2009, 12:13
LOL i feel an RTOC challenge coming on! How many people and how long does it take to transfer an engine! GAME ON!

clee
11-08-2009, 12:34
Too easy ...it's a little girls engine :cooter:

Shakes
11-08-2009, 13:55
ill begin stripping it this afternoon :agree:

jesus in the seat of a 5
11-08-2009, 17:50
Matt,why do you think an engine switch & fitting some seats cant be done in a day :confused:
fair enough there may be loose ends to tie up but it can be done easily!

crack on then...the way you take um apart it shouldnt be any probs..count me out..im too slow for the "my penis is bigger than yours brigade"...:rolleyes:, i just think if youre starting from scratch and want to not break,damage, scratch everything it may pay to be carefull....what the feck do i know, i dont spend all my time dissmantling them, i just drive,enjoy and maintain them...:dearme:

Shakes
11-08-2009, 20:15
Went to start stripping my 5 today, and almost had a heart attack it looks like this>>>>
well so maybee the bollocking he got of the boss made him get his ass in gear he said the car will be running tommorow :)
so thanks for all the offers of help guys but looks like it wont be needed;)

Spooky
11-08-2009, 21:41
fair play :D :agree:

Chris Hebden
11-08-2009, 22:45
WOW those cars looked pissed ;)! Glad your mate came through in the end!

Shakes
11-08-2009, 22:54
yea he went a weird way about it he dropped it out from under on the subframe took him about 4 hours and its in, strange though most people ive known have lifted the engine. :confused:

Adam L
11-08-2009, 22:55
You could have swapped both engines in that time. Tell him to take it out of the top next time.

Shakes
11-08-2009, 23:04
yea i told him everyone else lifts them out lol, but he says its because i wanted the front suspention changed and exhuast, this way he took it all off as one, well i guess who am i to argue hes almost got it done well i was sleeping :laugh:

Nayls
11-08-2009, 23:30
crack on then...the way you take um apart it shouldnt be any probs..count me out..im too slow for the "my penis is bigger than yours brigade"...:rolleyes:, i just think if youre starting from scratch and want to not break,damage, scratch everything it may pay to be carefull....what the feck do i know, i dont spend all my time dissmantling them, i just drive,enjoy and maintain them...:dearme:

matt,you really need to sort it out,if you have an issue with me then pm me about it,we can talk.
i broke up a 5 woopy doo!if you loved it that much you should'nt have rang me & asked me to buy it from you

and it's got nothing to do with having a big penis,that comment just makes you look like a child.
i've simply said that with the help of fellow rtoc'ers that luke's engine can be transferred in a day.
obviously care will be taken & if we hit a snag & it takes longer then so be it

Nayls
11-08-2009, 23:32
Went to start stripping my 5 today, and almost had a heart attack it looks like this>>>>
well so maybee the bollocking he got of the boss made him get his ass in gear he said the car will be running tommorow :)
so thanks for all the offers of help guys but looks like it wont be needed;)

All that inside just one day!?!?!? NEVER!!! ;):D

jesus in the seat of a 5
12-08-2009, 06:21
matt,you really need to sort it out,if you have an issue with me then pm me about it,we can talk.
i broke up a 5 woopy doo!if you loved it that much you should'nt have rang me & asked me to buy it from you

and it's got nothing to do with having a big penis,that comment just makes you look like a child.
i've simply said that with the help of fellow rtoc'ers that luke's engine can be transferred in a day.
obviously care will be taken & if we hit a snag & it takes longer then so be it

gary, there was no need to mention me in your reply to suhk was there , as for saying that well , i was referrring to the state the shell was in...ie no interior, windows missing, engine etc..not that it matters and the reference of doing it in a day is a joke between suhk and me..if you look on the other thread! as for being childish , you even have to mention it on the last reply...:rolleyes:, im not botherd that you break every 5 yyou own etc and has sod all to do with me, i just wish my name had stayed out of this thread , all i did was offer luke a hand and have a joke with suhk, i think its time to move on from trying to out do each other on how long it takes to do this and that etc, next time ill know better and keep my offer and views to myself..:coffee:, on a more positive note , im glad youre getting the car sorted luke..:agree:

Nayls
12-08-2009, 17:04
gary, there was no need to mention me in your reply to suhk was there , as for saying that well , i was referrring to the state the shell was in...ie no interior, windows missing, engine etc..not that it matters and the reference of doing it in a day is a joke between suhk and me..if you look on the other thread! as for being childish , you even have to mention it on the last reply...:rolleyes:, im not botherd that you break every 5 yyou own etc and has sod all to do with me, i just wish my name had stayed out of this thread , all i did was offer luke a hand and have a joke with suhk, i think its time to move on from trying to out do each other on how long it takes to do this and that etc, next time ill know better and keep my offer and views to myself..:coffee:, on a more positive note , im glad youre getting the car sorted luke..:agree:

Member's get mentioned in threads every day.
i mentioned you because YOU said to ME when the shell was collected that it could'nt be done,what's wrong with mentioning that? it is possible & would have spurred people on as it was a challenge.
my previous reply was a tongue in cheek dig,i dont know why your being so petty??really i dont.
i have broke 2 5's & owned 27 so hardly all of them is it?
im not trying to out do you,nor have i ever done so,if the meet happened & it took 3 day's i would'nt have seen you as the winner,nor would i have thought i was if it was done in 2 minutes,i just said it could be done.
like i said before i really cant see why this has become a problem? you asked to put the past in the past a while ago over something over nothing & we did,now you seem to have a problem again?

Shakes
12-08-2009, 17:10
please can we get this thread locked:agree: