PDA

View Full Version : Repairable tyre?

Gymnast
05-08-2009, 21:11
Any tyre experts out there ... was checking the rear shocks on my car earlier only to take the wheel off and find a screw stuck in it ... as there's so much tread left, ideally, I don't want to replace the tyre if it's easily repairable and safe to do so ...

Checked the other three tyres while I was outside and fortunately this is the only one. Glad I found it before blatting up the motorway to Nat Day :eek:

stevedob1664
05-08-2009, 21:27
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Any tyre experts out there ... was checking the rear shocks on my car earlier only to take the wheel off and find a screw stuck in it ... as there's so much tread left, ideally, I don't want to replace the tyre if it's easily repairable and safe to do so ...

Checked the other three tyres while I was outside and fortunately this is the only one. Glad I found it before blatting up the motorway to Nat Day :eek:

yep its just on the edge of where is safe to repair but you might find the tyre fitter will try and get you to buy a new tyre.

TrixNFlix
05-08-2009, 21:34
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

yep its just on the edge of where is safe to repair but you might find the tyre fitter will try and get you to buy a new tyre.

don't let them sway you tell them to put in a rubber butt plug! :cooter:

Gymnast
05-08-2009, 21:37
Cool, thanks guys. The place I go to has some top blokes there. They know if I have to get tyres I'll buy them online as it's cheaper.

They give me all the "Is this the 1.4 or 1.7 engine", I say 1.4, they say, "oh yeah, 1.7 was only in the Raider" ... I just smile and nod :D

Usually the manager just let's me slip the tyre fitter some beer tokens rather than paying the full whack too :)

Butt plug it is!! :cooter: :smokin:

Spooky
05-08-2009, 21:38
thats an easy fix for any tyre place. :)

Gymnast
10-08-2009, 10:43
Hehe, would you believe it ... the tyre place took out the screw and no leak ... result! :D

minty83
10-08-2009, 10:47
Hehe, would you believe it ... the tyre place took out the screw and no leak ... result! :D
Id still replace it.. wouldnt fancy thrashing it round mallory and getting a blow out:sad2:

Gymnast
10-08-2009, 10:51
Id still replace it.. wouldnt fancy thrashing it round mallory and getting a blow out:sad2:

I've got different wheels/tyres going on for the track :cool:

minty83
10-08-2009, 10:54
I've got different wheels/tyres going on for the track :cool:
:confused:
wasnt the point i was getting across.............
On a long run the tyres warm up and expand, this causing the hole to re-open

Spooky
10-08-2009, 11:05
Itll be fine.

Our company cars were repaired in the same way. People did big mileage and the tyres held out.

Paul, don't worry, its only Giles :cooter:

Gymnast
10-08-2009, 11:42
:confused:
wasnt the point i was getting across.............
On a long run the tyres warm up and expand, this causing the hole to re-open

Sorry, I know what you meant ... I've been driving it around at the weekend and has been fine, no air lost at all. I'll be driving it this week and will keep a careful eye on it. Other than going to Nat Day all I will be using it for is going around town so will add new tyres to the ever growing list of "things to do"