PDA

View Full Version : x type 2.0td

gtmatt
03-08-2009, 20:36
My mum has got a 2.0 turbo diesal jag .

It has done 80,000mile 55 reg the problem is that it smokes pure black smoke when u put your foot down on the accel or come on boost .

What is causing this and how can i sort the problem thanks matt:)

Ryan p
03-08-2009, 21:00
it runs the the same engine as the old shape mondeo, does it lack in any power, may possible have a boost leak from split boost pipe or could be an egr blocked may be worth takin off an cleaning

gtmatt
03-08-2009, 21:08
it runs the the same engine as the old shape mondeo, does it lack in any power, may possible have a boost leak from split boost pipe or could be an egr blocked may be worth takin off an cleaning

turbo still pulls well ,just when u put you foot down a little or alot pure black smoke comes out , where would i find the egr any ideas thanks matt:)

Ryan p
03-08-2009, 21:44
it should be bolted to the left an on the underside of the inlet manifold with the boost pipe coming up to it from the front off the engine which is the pipe thats common for splitting so check it while you there. thats asuming everything is in the same place as a mondeo.

gtmatt
03-08-2009, 22:04
it should be bolted to the left an on the underside of the inlet manifold with the boost pipe coming up to it from the front off the engine which is the pipe thats common for splitting so check it while you there. thats asuming everything is in the same place as a mondeo.

thats the one goin to take it off tomorrow and clean it out and see if that stops it , thanks ryan:)

markey b
04-08-2009, 19:49
has it had a very easy life? might just need a good thrash, and some fuel system cleaner straight into the fuel filter

gtmatt
04-08-2009, 20:14
Fixed it guys was a boost hose split and egr valve was blocked up need a hose now trip to ford or jag thanks guys for your help