PDA

View Full Version : Fuse keeps blowing

clee
03-08-2009, 16:42
The 21 died on the M1 . Just cut out.I thought it was the fuel pump .
AA found a blown fuse , the tech says it is window winder but it can't be .Changed fuse and it made it back home only to blow backing up the drive and now keeps blowing them ...
Suspect it is the alarm/immobiliser .When it blows the fuel pump doesn't prime and used to do so before when the fob was pressed .
Any mobile auto electricians out there in Derbyshireland .I haven't got the time to try and find it myself and I'm not that hot on that side of things anyway .Too much work to do on the GTA and I need the 21 mobile again ASAP .

Kenobi
03-08-2009, 16:52
The 21 died on the M1 . Just cut out.I thought it was the fuel pump .
AA found a blown fuse , the tech says it is window winder but it can't be .Changed fuse and it made it back home only to blow backing up the drive and now keeps blowing them ...
Suspect it is the alarm/immobiliser .When it blows the fuel pump doesn't prime and used to do so before when the fob was pressed .
Any mobile auto electricians out there in Derbyshireland .I haven't got the time to try and find it myself and I'm not that hot on that side of things anyway .Too much work to do on the GTA and I need the 21 mobile again ASAP .

You need Roger mate. he's got all the wiring diagrams in book format. He sourced my problem (similar to yours) in 30mins. i kid you not, the man is like Lt. Commander Data.

clee
03-08-2009, 16:53
Cheers :agree: Was it central locking related in any way ?
I'll try and get hold of him .

Kenobi
03-08-2009, 16:56
Cheers :agree: Was it central locking related in any way ?
I'll try and get hold of him .

It was, a wire for electric mirrors earthing on the drivers door. he had the panels off and had wires all over the shop but to him he could see them all in the book. I was like WTF?? legend.

clee
03-08-2009, 17:04
Have you got his number please ?

clee
04-08-2009, 12:25
Not to worry ...all sorted .
Now why would you put all those wires that close to the downpipe :laugh:
Melted mess revealed short .......Lambda sensor I think ...5 wires and two melted plugs ...it's difficult to say .

clee
04-08-2009, 14:03
Feck !....

Bloody throttle cable connector to throttle body has just snapped ...I'm just waiting for the third thing now :crap:
Is this bit readily available ??Paul ? I've got it tied with some twist wire for now .....

Andrew Cooke
04-08-2009, 14:28
what's your model code, L48?

Kenobi
04-08-2009, 14:45
Ooh good luck Clee, Bet Sibbers has one for ya mate.

clee
04-08-2009, 15:37
code 2 NB 419
Popped down to Renault Sherwood Forest branch on the off chance :agree:
Showing not available for my reg ....but...Ren 19 £1.04 ..in stock :eek:
Sometimes they do come up trumps but it certainly pays to go in person :)