PDA

View Full Version : National Day...Windscreens?

Nutty_Chappie
03-08-2009, 10:52
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

All righty boys and girls...?

being as though the 5 is not going to be finished for the weekend...sob sob..
I am now in the position to be able to offer a deal on fitted windscreens/any glass on you 5 (or any car u like!!)...I know its fairly short notice but if any one wants me to do a windscreen replacement on there car during the national day weekend then please let me know!
I do windscreen replacement for a living too, I'm not just a monkey with an axe and thinks he knows what he's doin...I have all the paperwork to say I know wot i'm doin too!! :laugh:
:niceone:
Prices are as follows..

Clear Windscreens supply and fit £55
Green tinted windscreens supplied and fitted £65
Top tinted screens are slightly more at £75
can supply front windscreen trims at a price of £30 (two piece trim)
can gat all glass for all vehicles, let me know what it is you need and i'll see what I can do!!

I'm Pete from Mowbray Windscreens.
try me with a PM.. or give me a call on 01664 565739

look forward to seeing you all at national day!

BriC
03-08-2009, 10:56
Bollocks!! I could have done with you a while back.. I've already bought a screen now though :cry:

Nutty_Chappie
03-08-2009, 10:57

haha sorry mate, well keep me in mind for future if u ever need another!!

Penfold aka The Dealer
03-08-2009, 12:08
YES PLEASE,
What about normal clear glass? When can you fit, you going friday? As i would like to be on track as much as possible on the saturday and i have a 9" crack on the passenger side...

Nutty_Chappie
03-08-2009, 12:14

wasn't planning on going friday but I'm not far from there so guess I could come up and do that if u need it!
LOL forgot about clear price!!
can do a clear for £55

Penfold aka The Dealer
03-08-2009, 12:17
Nutty your a diamond... i will pm you tonight and wort it out with you.

:)

Nutty_Chappie
03-08-2009, 15:03

no worries mate, will hear from you later

raj
03-08-2009, 16:58
pete, do you have any visual references to the screens you offer? i think it'll help me make my mind up on what screen to go for.

also can i ask, how do you remove the windscreen sealant from where it sits in the panel? ive currently got my windscreen out but for the life of me cannot remove the sealant:sad: and a dont want to damage the car by removing it harshly. any ideas?

Nutty_Chappie
03-08-2009, 19:35

Visual refrences?

Sorry but can't help, if u put a piece of white paper up to the screen you have in the car at the moment it'll show you a slight tint if there is one... its not like bottle green, just a slight green tinting, i have a tinted one in mine but its down to prefrence of the person. obviously top tint speaks for itself... dark blue across the top and a green tinted screen.
as for removing the old bond I use a selection of tools but a stanley knife with a fresh blade is usually best and will do the job fine

RICHIE
03-08-2009, 19:51
whats the setting time on the bonding just incase for those who plan to go out on track

raj
03-08-2009, 20:29

Visual refrences?

Sorry but can't help, if u put a piece of white paper up to the screen you have in the car at the moment it'll show you a slight tint if there is one... its not like bottle green, just a slight green tinting, i have a tinted one in mine but its down to prefrence of the person. obviously top tint speaks for itself... dark blue across the top and a green tinted screen.
as for removing the old bond I use a selection of tools but a stanley knife with a fresh blade is usually best and will do the job fine

visual references, lol i should have just said pictures:wasntme:

so your telling me a stanley blade will get all the old sealant off! i spent about 2hrs on a 10cm area with a new stanley knife before i got fedup:cry:.
just spoke to a guy at a new bodyshop near me and he says he uses a chemical that makes the sealant go brittle and will just make it crumble off.

Nutty_Chappie
03-08-2009, 22:26

whats the setting time on the bonding just incase for those who plan to go out on track

I have a set of Quick set bond which can be used and you can be back out on the track in one Hour no problem

Nutty_Chappie
03-08-2009, 22:27

and Raj yeah I will only be using stanley knife blades on the ones that are done at national day! surely you don't need it back to care metal do you as you must be putting a screen back in at some stage?

Nutty_Chappie
12-08-2009, 16:51

bump*

got two to do, any more interested?

raj
12-08-2009, 19:07

and Raj yeah I will only be using stanley knife blades on the ones that are done at national day! surely you don't need it back to care metal do you as you must be putting a screen back in at some stage?

pete, i just need to remove all the sealant as im going to be getting this area repainted.

how much can you "supply only" a top tint screen for.?

Gymnast
12-08-2009, 19:25
Can you do chip repair on windscreens too?

Nutty_Chappie
13-08-2009, 09:28
Yeah I sure can if thats what you need!

Nutty_Chappie
13-08-2009, 09:39
raj...I'm only putting on £20 for fitting for RTOC members so lookin at 55 just for the screen on a top tint?

Gymnast
13-08-2009, 09:54
Yeah I sure can if thats what you need!

Yes please, have a chip, not very big and far enough from the edge to repair I think. I'll come and find you on the day, cheers :agree:

Matt Cole
13-08-2009, 10:12
nuttie, just bring a few screens. There will be a few wanting to have it done no doubt!

Arrows
13-08-2009, 10:20

I have a set of Quick set bond which can be used and you can be back out on the track in one Hour no problem

Mate why are you so far away, i am not ready for ND but need a new screen fitted that i have. :cry:

Nutty_Chappie
13-08-2009, 17:05
yeah I was thinking I may just bring a few with me!!!

sorry i'm so far away, if you let me know where you are I can see if I have a friend near by and send him round to do it?

Penfold aka The Dealer
14-08-2009, 07:05
I want ma clear screen fitted, i have your number, i will call you this morning to disucss.

Chris

Penfold aka The Dealer
19-08-2009, 16:43
Just to say a big thanks for fitting my screen at a bargin price. :agree:

Gymnast
19-08-2009, 16:59
Likewise ... I'd completely forgotten about the chip I had, before you filled it I would see it every time I got in the car! :agree: :)