PDA

View Full Version : The RTOC Committee members and their roles

Spooky
01-08-2009, 10:58
Right.

How is everybody elected for the roles within the club ?

Is it just a simple ballot where everyone writes a name on a bit of paper and its drawn from a hat and the results are shared at the agm ?

Or are people just nominated because they just happened to have turned up for the agm ?

Thats my understanding of the club rules...

How do people know that the elected person will do a job that fits the description ? By that I mean, should we not have a poll or type of election process where people have to demonstrate their ability and reason ? For example, 1 month before the national day, everyone who wants to have a committee role should state their case and be part of a board vote as not everyone attends the national day ?

Or do we already have something like that ? :crap:

Mudslinger
01-08-2009, 12:41
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=7991&highlight=committee+members

might hyelp answer some of your questions ;)

Scoff
01-08-2009, 12:41
I think you might be over estimating how many people there are that actually wish to fill CM rolls mate. Very few ever want to do it, and if you do find someone that seems promising then you just have to hope that they come through and retain enthusiasm for the job once they're in their roll. I think the club has landed on its feet a little bit of late, with newer CM members (and some old!) doing sterling jobs. It hasn't always been the case!!

Matt Cole
01-08-2009, 13:21
I think you might be over estimating how many people there are that actually wish to fill CM rolls mate. Very few ever want to do it, and if you do find someone that seems promising then you just have to hope that they come through and retain enthusiasm for the job once they're in their roll. I think the club has landed on its feet a little bit of late, with newer CM members (and some old!) doing sterling jobs. It hasn't always been the case!!

:agree: I hope it remains this way too!!

Penfold aka The Dealer
01-08-2009, 16:15
TBH being a committee member dont make much difference, if you want to help the club you can, the club is run by its members.

The committee have nothing to hide or anything, we do how ever have our forums to stop it being spammed etc.

We do discuss things like where to hold ND etc, but even then we normally do a vote for the members to decide.

Sparkie
02-08-2009, 01:29
read the wizard boards, then ask yourself - could you answer the questions for a few weeks? yes?
then how about 5 years or more? :coffee:

James_Surridge G1 5 GTT
12-08-2009, 13:34
Now thats Commitment!:agree: