PDA

View Full Version : T3 actuator issue

jantheeven
31-07-2009, 23:17
I have the K-Tec "T3 actuator" on my T25 hybrid and it used to make 21-22 psi. After fiddling a bit with the actuator rod length to decrease the boost to 17 psi, I now can't go higher any more. When I turn this nut:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/jantheeven/Actuator.jpg

inwards, nothing happens and the rod itself just rotates along with every rotation I make. I took the actuator itself apart and it looks fine, like new. What am I missing here? I MUST be simple :ashamed:

jantheeven
31-07-2009, 23:22
One more thing... I also have a bleed valve. If I screw the nob almost completely out of its housing, it makes the 17 psi... and when screwed almost completely in, it only makes 14 psi. It's been a while since I've adjusted it, but I could swear the boost used to go UP when screwing the nob IN! I'm confused... :confused:

Spooky
31-07-2009, 23:43
Is all the actuator pipe work connected/not split/damaged etc ?

Usually, when you have a bleed system for the boost control, you are opening up or screwing the dial out to increase boost...

tobester
01-08-2009, 00:37
mine is set up with a nut either side of the wastegate connector as oppossed to both on the same side, unless there is a third nut hidden behind the pipe?

jantheeven
01-08-2009, 09:36
Yes there is a third one behind that pipe...

jantheeven
01-08-2009, 12:53
Problem solved... I just have to hold the actuator rod with a pair of mole grips to prevent it from turning while I tighten the nut... simple... :ashamed: