PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

scratcher
22-09-2008, 17:34
i took my lovely spotless KA to Ford on friday for its first MOT.
i collected it, payed way too much for a service (damn warranty) wen't outside to find some monkey had driven it into a yellow salt bin and scuffed the front bumper up.
one of the service team came and took some photo's of it and a manager was supposed to contact me today. after hearing nothing i decided to call them but the person i need isn't in and i'll be contacted tomorrow. i can see this going on for some time...
i need to know, are they likely to say they're not responsible for it, even though they checked my car over before i left, and does anyone think they'll actually pay for the damage?

Mart
22-09-2008, 17:36
If it was a dealership employee who drove your car when it happened, then yep, they'll have to pay to put it right. Simple as.

If you haven't heard anything by tomorrow, phone them again & this time ask to speak to the general manager.

Os8472
22-09-2008, 17:47
If it was a dealership employee who drove your car when it happened, then yep, they'll have to pay to put it right. Simple as.

If you haven't heard anything by tomorrow, phone them again & this time ask to speak to the general manager.

Screw that, on the phone they can just give you the run around until you get fed up and hang up, go into the stealership in person and ina loud voice so everyone in there can hear say 'can I speak to the manager about the damage caused to my car while it was here'

don't give the bastids an inch

scratcher
22-09-2008, 17:50
yeah, it was one of their employee's, this particular branch gave me the run around before when i bought the car, should've took it to another dealer really.
i asked to speak to the general manager today as well but he wan't in either. unless they're trying to keep it hush hush from him?

Os8472
22-09-2008, 17:51
yeah, it was one of their employee's, this particular branch gave me the run around before when i bought the car, should've took it to another dealer really.
i asked to speak to the general manager today as well but he wan't in either. unless they're trying to keep it hush hush from him?

Defo go do it in person then

scratcher
22-09-2008, 17:52
[/quote]Screw that, on the phone they can just give you the run around until you get fed up and hang up, go into the stealership in person and ina loud voice so everyone in there can hear say 'can I speak to the manager about the damage caused to my car while it was here'

don't give the bastids an inch[/quote]

that sounds like a plan, could help save other people's cars from being damaged too.

also its rained here today and the front fog where they knocked it has a little puddle sitting in it. great :(

Rob@Backyardracing
22-09-2008, 18:55
Defo keep at them, they will try get out of it...

Adam L
22-09-2008, 19:29
A mate waited 3 months for his car to come back from Audi recently because the rad fan caught fire and everything in the bay went up. When he evetually did pick up the car, every panel including the roof, had been scratched, some to the point it was down to the metal:rolleyes:. Even the Dealership manager came down trying to deny it was their fault, ****ing jokers. In the end he threatened them with legal action and they had to fork out £350 for his car to be proffesionally buffed. 5 days later someone drove into the side of his car in a car park and did a runner:agree:

wrightygtt
22-09-2008, 19:50
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

What sh1t luck.:sad2:

Penfold aka The Dealer
22-09-2008, 20:14
5 days later someone drove into the side of his car in a car park and did a runner:agree:

Tell him i am sorry about that.... :eek:

scratcher
22-09-2008, 21:29
flippin 'eck, mine doesn't seem as bad now... i'm still well annoyed at them though.
i'm going to ring in the morning and if i get nowhere i'll go down in the afternoon for a moan.

cheers for the feedback guys :agree:

J8TRO
23-09-2008, 23:24
Muppets at my local BMW scuffed the bumper on my car whilst it was in having the alternator replaced (it was 3 weeks old!....dont ask)

They admitted responsibility but the service team were a bit ****, kept on passing me to different people and giving me the run around. I went straight to the customer relations manager and told her to sort it and i only wanted to deal with her and not everyone at the dealership. Worked for me!

I like the comment about the rather large voice though......make sure its a busy Saturday morning :laugh:

dangerous dave
23-09-2008, 23:39
old dear 182's bonnet was wrecked while in the local renault/peugeot dealers, washed with rocks or had something heavy sand and dragged off it..

we moaned, there bodyshop guys worked there magic and done a good job sorting it out with a lovely finish with the black with gold flakes looking as it should..

kept us from going any further, sorted it fast and without the need to chase them up, so apart from that fk up there service was sound.. these things happen, human error:(

dave j gtt
24-09-2008, 01:55
mams old cavalier turbo 4x4 got reversed into somthing, up at local vauxhall. mams to soft to take it back. couldnt belive it when i came home just had full service, the works ha 4 brand new tyres and back bumper re-aranged.
it was mint and cavaliers rear bumpber sag. and this was straight.

noticed it and went asked where she had crashed it :cry: it wasnt done the day before. she swears it wasnt her, didnt ask her husband:confused: , i put it down to dealership. week later the car set on fire while driving along :eek:

still havent been paid from our own insurence company :cry:

god like the expressions of late ....