PDA

View Full Version : Uno Turbo's

raj
22-09-2008, 17:29
there basically the same cc as the gtt,from the same era, but what separates these performance wise from the gtt.?
these seem to get slated quite abit, id like to know why exactly? as i would have thought there would have been alot more potential with them being fuel injected and not pushrod.
i know they seem to have rot issues but so do gtt's!

was just having a think and thought of my cusions uno turbo from wayyy back in the day, it was bloody fast, he had it for around 4yrs and not once did he complain of anything fcking up on him!

Chris Hebden
22-09-2008, 18:28
Raj as far as i know the engines arent good! I know on the normally aspirated engines the head gasket goes once you'll never get it sorted, so i cant see why the turbos wont have the same prooblem, but this is just my opinion

raj
22-09-2008, 18:33
Raj as far as i know the engines arent good! I know on the normally aspirated engines the head gasket goes once you'll never get it sorted, so i cant see why the turbos wont have the same prooblem, but this is just my opinion

that headgsket statement sounds oh so similar from when you hear folks talk of 5's and "how many times has the headgasket blown then":rolleyes:

so why exactly are they supposedly so sh1t.?

soapymech
22-09-2008, 18:39
made from russian metal that was left to the eliments outside and untreated sold to fiat on the cheap supposedly

Sparkie
22-09-2008, 18:40
i had one as a run around last year. was quick for what it was.
was rusty as hell.
the engine has potentially more scope being injection...., but pound for pound the 5 is easier to tune.

Chris Hebden
22-09-2008, 19:08
that headgsket statement sounds oh so similar from when you hear folks talk of 5's and "how many times has the headgasket blown then":rolleyes:

LOL fair comment Raj, but i have had first hand experiance with headgaskets on the N/A engine range, and you can never get them right what ever you do! At least with the 5 you change them and the job should be a gooden!

Rob@Backyardracing
22-09-2008, 20:52
i had one as a run around last year. was quick for what it was.
was rusty as hell.
the engine has potentially more scope being injection...., but pound for pound the 5 is easier to tune.

And the 5 looks alot better....:)

Martyn....11 Turbo
23-09-2008, 10:37
And the 5 looks alot better....:)

Give that man a round of applause :)

MR TURBO
23-09-2008, 11:35

I had about 3 uno turbo's back in the day digital dash the lot i cant say i ever had a complaint with any of mine at all and for all those years ago they were bloody fast as feck!! But i reckon on the whole the uno has dubious handling and is of a funny shape more kinda like a tin can on wheels.......Then i met the R5 i dont think the uno can touch it really maybe in a straight line and if its go kart handling you are looking for its defo the R5 and the way its puts out the power there is no other small car like it.....................But to be fair they are both great little hot hatches of their era and its been a pleasure to own both :smokin::smokin::D:)

ollyhock
18-10-2008, 20:47
my mate has one and theve got quite a high centre of gravity, handling is not great and last of all its a fiat

a fiat worse than death ,, and all that:)

5alldaway
18-10-2008, 21:08
imo they are proper cool retro slag, seen sparkies one up close and i can see the appeal of these, as always the echos of unreliability and rust, never owned a fiat but the uno turbs is one cool car to look at

raj
18-10-2008, 22:02
made from russian metal that was left to the eliments outside and untreated sold to fiat on the cheap supposedly

supposedly!! is there any truth to the above statement??

i wouldnt mind an uno turbo due to the fact they are from the same era as the gtt, you could say they where the 2 cars that where in constant battle with each other..!! that was the case round these sides anyway.

ollyhock
19-10-2008, 09:45
the uno looked the part although the back was a bit of a dog, looked rushed like a tr7

but from the side they look great , the gunmatal one with the red turbo trim is sweet, but theres not many left now, the odd few on ebay with the "now for the bad bits"