PDA

View Full Version : Inner anti roll bar bushes/clamps

JRP
31-07-2009, 14:30
Where you mount the inner bushes to the roll bar you have the bracket that holds the bar and bush on.

I can seem to tighten up the roll bar and bush with the bracket/clamp as when i tighten it pops back out of the slot that the bracket slots into.

I position the roll bar and bush in correct place, clip the bracket in and tighten down over the bush... as iam tightning it pops out the other end.. any help:cry:

Pete@Backyard Racing
31-07-2009, 15:18
have u got the right arb bushes for your subframe?

wot reg is your car?

ph1 and ph2 subframes are different and each needs the correct arb bushes for it.

pics plz?

Hoolio
31-07-2009, 16:59
You've got me worried now, J did you use the numbers I sent you? I E do they look like these bottom left.

JRP
31-07-2009, 17:26
I bought them from bob... they are yellow and look like bottom left. They also match up with the originals that have been removed.

I orderd the clips today as i thought it maybe them. ile try get some photos uploaded. its driving me mad!

They just dont seem as wide as the old bushes either, and its shocking how as i tighten the clips pop out

JRP
31-07-2009, 17:27
have u got the right arb bushes for your subframe?

wot reg is your car?

ph1 and ph2 subframes are different and each needs the correct arb bushes for it.

pics plz?

Ph2 reg is G567 SMR

Spooky
31-07-2009, 18:46
use a longer bolt if the bushes are correct to clamp it in place...:D

JRP
31-07-2009, 19:01
its nothing to do with the bolt... the other side of the clip/bracket is curved and sits hooked into the subframe... that bit keeps popping out

Spooky
31-07-2009, 19:19
can you not create more of a lip on the bracket ?

or try some other brackets from someone else maybe ? :crap: