PDA

View Full Version : Subframe/anti roll bar/ bushes

JRP
30-07-2009, 22:31
Subframes off, i have new wishbone to go on and new inner and out roll bar bushes.

I got bolts from bob (new ones) for the wish bones.

now i cant figure out how it goes together, i pop them all through the wish bones and subframe.

But the two steady bars or what ever that go from the subframe to the body/shell, are loose on the wishbone end.

is it just a case of extra washers? or shall i re use the old bolts.?

gtmatt
30-07-2009, 22:42
there is an extra nut and 2 extra washers where the steady bars are , so you will have a m12 locknut washer and standard m12 nut where the steady bar goes inbetween :)

JRP
30-07-2009, 23:47
Other thing is where the inner roll bar bushes sit, and is supposed to clip to the sub frame and bolt down the other side... the clips dont clip round, as you tighten the bolt they come out and away from the sub frame.

does it require the weight of the car on it to tighten correctly.

also would you guys advise fitting the sub frame and then fitting the steering rack and antil roll bar etc ..

thanks team im right hacked off with the caR night sell it

gtmatt
31-07-2009, 23:14
Other thing is where the inner roll bar bushes sit, and is supposed to clip to the sub frame and bolt down the other side... the clips dont clip round, as you tighten the bolt they come out and away from the sub frame.

does it require the weight of the car on it to tighten correctly.

also would you guys advise fitting the sub frame and then fitting the steering rack and antil roll bar etc ..

thanks team im right hacked off with the caR night sell it

there are very tight on the roll bar mate ,where the clip goes in on the inner the clip slot hasent been bent in ,when leaning the subframe on the deck i have done mine today ,what a pain in the arse mate , did my head right in , but it will go mine was very tight :)