PDA

View Full Version : Turbo 2 rear lower wishbones, is there a demand?

r5t2
30-07-2009, 17:41
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi all.
Just an enquiry. I am currently having the rear lower wishbones fabricated by my stepfather(mechanical engineer), he is looking at the materials he could possibly use at the moment.
I personally resent having to pay over inflated prices of £325 plus for these and I need a pair to get my Turbo2 back on the road.
Hopefully will have trial run them before the end of the year and if they meet my approval I will be in a position to have more made up.
My question is - is there a demand for these parts, enough for me to ask him for more sets to place for general sale to members?
:scratch:
Kieran

tubby5
30-07-2009, 19:23
im not 100% sure on this ( clee is probably the man to ask) but i think they are the same as the alpine gta/a610 wishbones,your probably best asking on the renault alpine forum and if they are im sure theres a few peeps on there that wouldnt mind some new wishbones ??

THE MASTER
30-07-2009, 19:27
i think if you get them made up so that you can adjust camber and caster . they would go like hot cakes ;)

Sparkie
30-07-2009, 21:41
when i owned mine....i had some made by my local engineering guy for the princely sum of £200. (about a year ago)
then the son of GTO engineering guy came on here and said he could get them done for £150...
there is not enough demand to be brutally honest.

you make more money copying the devil exhaust in stainless....

r5t2
31-07-2009, 12:49
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

NOW THERE IS A GOOD IDEA IF EVER I HEARD ONE. A COPY OF THE DEVIL EXHAUST, HMM?

Sparkie
31-07-2009, 13:58
there are several that point down at the floor - look at the french sites.
here is one from our good friends at John Price:

http://www.johnpricerallying.co.uk/images/Parts/Metro%20bits%20012.jpg