M=mechanical.
E=electric.

boost gauge/m
oil pressure/e
speedo/e
rev counter/e
w.temp/e

is that right?

how would a go about fitting an electrical boost gauge.? what would i need apart from the gauge itself?

and im assuming if i purchase any electrical gauge i can bridge them in with the exsisting std gauges yes.?

Brigsy
29-07-2009, 19:17
You will need to plumb the gauge/sender in on an aftermarket gauge to get an accurate reading. Get some decent capillary gauges bought imo.

raj
29-07-2009, 19:43
You will need to plumb the gauge/sender in on an aftermarket gauge to get an accurate reading. Get some decent capillary gauges bought imo.

im confused:scratch: your saying i need to plumb a gauge into a aftermarket gauge?capillary what who.?:confused: sorry im not the best at understanding sometimes:ashamed:

Brigsy
29-07-2009, 19:49
Capillary=mechanical. The mechanical gauges i.e oil pressure will need a pipe straight to the turbo oil feed from the gauge.

If you go for electric, The sender that is supplied with the gauge will need to be plumbed in to see an accurate reading, the o.e senders cant be used.

I prefer mechanical gauges myself. HTH:)

raj
29-07-2009, 20:01
Capillary=mechanical. The mechanical gauges i.e oil pressure will need a pipe straight to the turbo oil feed from the gauge.

If you go for electric, The sender that is supplied with the gauge will need to be plumbed in to see an accurate reading, the o.e senders cant be used.

I prefer mechanical gauges myself. HTH:)

i thought the oil pressure was an electrical gauge as std:confused:

anyway, the gauge i want to fit in an electric version is a boost gauge, how would this be setup.? at the end of the day if its going to be too much arsing about i'll prolly just go for a mechanical type, but id like to give it a shot first.

TrixNFlix
29-07-2009, 21:05
As brigsy says you will have to fit the sender unit that comes with your digital boost gauge. So you would t piece it into your aei to manifold vac pipe and run a wire from your sender unit into the back of the dashboard to your new gauge and get some power from your clock connections . And earth and dimming options, but you get the point. :)