PDA

View Full Version : My yellow Cossie 5 is no more

stu21t
29-07-2009, 11:09
Well unfortunately after 4 years of very very hard work, huge amounts of time and money the car is no longer with us.
:-(
it's been fun.

James5
29-07-2009, 11:13
Well unfortunately after 4 years of very very hard work, huge amounts of time and money the car is no longer with us.
:-(
it's been fun.

:confused: Oh no was looking forwarding to seeing this in the flesh, has it been sold on complete?

Gymnast
Who, what, where, when, why, how?!?!?! :cry:

c7borg
Nooooooo!!! ..where's it gone? that was a monster!

stuTHC
29-07-2009, 11:27
Had you just had enough Stu?
or was it anything to do with eventually getting it running right and wet roads? :crap:

Spooky
29-07-2009, 11:29
Nooooo!!

I remember seeing it ND 07, the car definetly got the attention it deserved, amazing calibre of work on the car Stu :agree:

Bigfoot
29-07-2009, 11:30
:( I remember seeing that aswell, was a great idea for it and loads of potential, what has happened with it??

stu21t
29-07-2009, 11:38
Definately not been sold. No way Any1 else was going to enjoy my hard work.

Logg
29-07-2009, 11:45
So what colour is it now?

UNICRONICUS
29-07-2009, 12:03
Stolen? Put off the road? Blew up for the last time? What's happened man?

Os8472
29-07-2009, 14:12
Either its a different colour, been blown up 1 too many times, crashed, different engine or you've stripped it for parts, so come on, what ya done

jesus in the seat of a 5
29-07-2009, 14:20
re-spray me thinks...:)

stu21t
29-07-2009, 15:22
Well you guys are no fun.

It's been painted.
I've spent the last few weeks doing bodywork on it and it's now
Ford Frozen White.
The brightest White you can get.
It's not finished yet, i've still got to flat and polish it but my god it's better.
I always thought the body was in good condition but in a bad colour, well once i stripped it and started to prep the shell I realised just how bad it was.
I've filled, smoothed, meshed and vented the bumpers and it was stripped to a bare shell with all panels removed and had a proper job.
When putting it back together I fitted new headlights, new indicators, new front grill, compounded and polished the plastic windows, cleaned all the trim, polished rear lights, new numberplate lights.
It looks the dogs, even if I do say so myself.

Oh and I had it on the rollers a little while ago
380bhp @ 1.55bar boost, 351lbs/ft trq. That's 320 bhp at the wheels!
but the fuel pressure wasn't rising properly so couldn't do anymore, and the actuator wasn't holding the boost,
now got a -34 actuator so it should hold 2bar all the way now.
And I think I've fixed the fueling so will get it back on the rollers for a check asap.
I hope to see 400-440 bhp

Blick
29-07-2009, 15:24

It's been painted.
Ford Frozen White.
It's not finished yet, i've still got to flat and polish it but my god it's better.
I always thought the body was in good condition but in a bad colour, well once i stripped it and started to prep the shell I realised just how bad it was.
I've filled, smoothed, meshed and vented the bumpers and it was stripped to a bare shell with all panels removed and had a proper job.
When putting it back together I fitted new headlights, new indicators, new front grill, compounded and polished the plastic windows, cleaned all the trim, polished rear lights, new numberplate lights.

but the fuel pressure wasn't rising properly so couldn't do anymore, and the actuator wasn't holding the boost,
And I think I've fixed the fueling so will get it back on the rollers for a check asap.

s*** the bed that thing is going to be rapid...... :agree:

Gymnast
29-07-2009, 15:25
Good man!!! Sounds awesome ... can't wait to see it. Will it be making an appearance at Mallory? :cool: :agree: :D

Os8472
29-07-2009, 15:30
Good man!!! Sounds awesome ... can't wait to see it. Will it be making an appearance at Mallory? :cool: :agree: :D

It bloody better be or in the words of Heirflick of Gestapo "or you vill be shot" :D

Logg
29-07-2009, 15:40
Cool can't wait to see it in the flesh at national day!

Are you going back to see Iain at powers for the final set up?

stu21t
29-07-2009, 15:49
Don't really wanna go back to powers, wasn't too impressed to be honest, I might go abbey motorsport. There's no setting up to be done, just check a few things, and I can do that myself.

And yes I hope to b at nat day weather permitting.

Hoolio
29-07-2009, 16:00
Bit off topic but what do mean by "I've got to flat it"?

djinuk
29-07-2009, 16:08
in the term where hes using flat i presume he means to flat back the laquer to give a glass like appears. (using a high/fine grade wet and dry to remove uneven areas on the surface).

Look forward to seeing this car.

UNICRONICUS
29-07-2009, 16:09
Bit off topic but what do mean by "I've got to flat it"?

He's referring to giving it a very light sand with wet & dry paper before he polishes it.

Pete@Backyard Racing
29-07-2009, 16:13

It's been painted.
Ford Frozen White.

pics plz

Hoolio
29-07-2009, 16:13
Thanks, that's what i thought though was unsure if it was the paint or laquer that was "flatted" (after a decent finish on my wheels)

Sorry for the brief hijack.

djinuk
29-07-2009, 16:16
depends really mate, you can flat paint back before laquer to remove any runs etc, and then laquer to give a super glass like finish.

stu21t
29-07-2009, 16:31
Rub the paintwork down with some 2000grit wet and dry paper, there's a bit of orange peel on the bonnet as that wasn't sprayed in an oven, then compound the bodywork to bring the shine out.

Hoolio
29-07-2009, 16:43
That's a scary prospect, i'm getting fairly handy with the DA but the thought of taking sandpaper to the paintwork....................Nah.

Cheers for the replys