PDA

View Full Version : Water Temperature

jure
29-07-2009, 10:31
I have alloy radiator with spal fan and separate oil cooler. Oil cooler is placed in front of the rad just behind grill while IC is placed between foglights. So where is the problem... Car is cool while driving normally and temperature doesnt go over 82-83 degrees. After fe hard accelerations (0-160 km/h) temperature goes up to 92 degrees but after that drops very slow to "normal" temperature no matter how easy I drive. Why does car cools down that long?

AFR is fine all part are less that 3k miles old.

Spooky
29-07-2009, 10:59
Thats whats meant to happen.

If the temperature stayed higher for longer periods then I may consider looking into it.

That sounds normal to me.

Jimmy_GTT
29-07-2009, 12:18
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I have alloy radiator with spal fan and separate oil cooler. Oil cooler is placed in front of the rad just behind grill while IC is placed between foglights. So where is the problem... Car is cool while driving normally and temperature doesnt go over 82-83 degrees. After fe hard accelerations (0-160 km/h) temperature goes up to 92 degrees but after that drops very slow to "normal" temperature no matter how easy I drive. Why does car cools down that long?

AFR is fine all part are less that 3k miles old.

I had absolutely the same behaviour. So I have changed my rad to a R5 diesel one bacuse it is 20-25% bigger. Since that everything is fine.

ranj
29-07-2009, 22:45
I have a similar problem at moment too .... alloy rad and originally a std fan .... temp at normal driving was at the first marker (10 o clock ).... then after some hard blasts it goes up towards the second marker (11 o clock ) .... if i cool down my driving the temps drop back to normal .... I have now fitted the spal fan which i have yet to test so will have to wait and see how it goes now ........

Is a cars temp hitting the second marker at full chat normal ???

jure
30-07-2009, 06:11
Is a cars temp hitting the second marker at full chat normal ???

Yep, everything normal just temp is dropping down slower than before. No overheating or anything.

ranj
30-07-2009, 17:32
Same here .... i have just ordered coolboost from radtec .... wonder if it will help bring temps down quicker ??