PDA

View Full Version : Removal or perc fan

djinuk
21-07-2009, 14:58
I bought my r5 Gtt with the perc fan already removed, however there is so much wiring and brackets that i dont believe i need and im guessing a lot of it is for the perc fan.I want to know what i can remove and what i cant. There is a relay bolted to my inner drivers wing and a random live wire that leads from this and up to the perc fan area(thats no longer there), would i be right in guessing this relay is for the perc fan and can be removed. I also have a bracket on my bulkhead just above from the downpipe with a strange green resistor looking thing there and a black plug (guessin this went to the perc fan soldenoid) can i cut all these wires back into teh loom and remove all the bracket. Also there are two wires goign to the base of my carb that were not on any of my other r5's ? perc fan related again ??

Any advice on what to remove appreciated.

TrixNFlix
21-07-2009, 17:07
V

hi damian. I've just done this. Behind the drivers light relay is for the perc fan. Bin it and all wires tracing back to alternator. The green thing is some sort of resistor for the perc fan bin that and all wiring from the perc sensor that sits on top of turbo and all wiring from
the sensor in the inlet manifold neck.looks so much cleaner without it. ;)

djinuk
22-07-2009, 07:47
sweeet well all the wiring around the inlet is now gone, i cut it until it met the loom right at the front of the engine, and electrical taped it up down there.. not removed the relay yet but will attack that tonight as that look like it hooked itself into the loom a bit better.