PDA

View Full Version : Renault Scenic Megan Alize 16v

clee
21-07-2009, 11:32
One of Dawn's mates has written off her car and needs a new one .She's spotted this and wants me to go have a look . Any common problems to check ? I don't know if it's got any damage or an MOT .I've asked her to find out .
What's the book price on these ?
http://www.mrajrecovery.com/renault/car97.html

Kenobi
21-07-2009, 12:06
if its a 2litre dont bother they suck.

djinuk
21-07-2009, 13:10
we have one of these.. had problems with the wiring around teh steering coloum (radio functions etc) , also had a coil pack fail.

not sure if they are common problems, but problems all the same.

5teve L
21-07-2009, 13:44
We've just picked up a 1.6 16v sport on a Y plate, nice motor & we can get 3 car seats in the rear + all the seats come out of the rear for trips to the tip etc.
The only problem I'm seeming to have is either when it's wet or low on fuel (still not worked this out) it's a bit of a bitch to start, once it's started though it seems fine. Prob due a service TBH.
As for probs, not had it long enough to say.

paul b
21-07-2009, 17:38
Lee

ignition coil packs, 4 at £35 each....
timing belts should be done 5 years or 72k...I prefer 50k maximum after seeing damage done.....£250.00
driveshafts can knock....if so, run away...usually a diff fault causing shafts to move
make sure it has 2 working remote keys, keys are £120 a time coded in
check for water leaks....wet carpets
drive the car, usually has a bit of a kick of performance at 3000rpm up....if not, possibly a cam sprocket fault...about £120 on the part...
they all seem to suffer a bit of rear brake noise, thats normal...
frt coil springs like all cars....
tdc sensor on engine....

clee
21-07-2009, 18:06
:cool:

Thanks Paul and all .
It has MOT till May and was a part ex so no damage .I'll go and have a look but if no belt change then haggle time now I've got a firm quote to do it :laugh: :agree:

clee
21-07-2009, 20:27
Feck !! It's been sold ........wasn't one of you lot was it ? Still ,I'm off the hook now :laugh: