PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Boffins please help

Kenobi
21-07-2009, 11:26
my colt runs 0.8bar of boost. it has x2 restrictors a boost solenoid and an actuator.

How come when restrictors are remove it runs more boost, even if the actuator setting have not been changed?

5teve L
21-07-2009, 13:47
I'll go out on a limb here & say because there is no restrictions :wasntme:

JRP
21-07-2009, 13:51
think about it kenny ken.

Your actuator might be set to X and then the restricors are limiting it to Y.

Remove restrictors and you will recive X rather than Y

clee
21-07-2009, 13:56
He has two restrictor valves so that would 2x>y

Trevhib
21-07-2009, 14:32
The restrictors might change (i.e. slow) the way in which the pressure builds (to stop spiking etc), but they shouldn't lower the max psi to the actuator (assuming they are simple bottlenecks and not bleeds).

I understand Kenobi's issue. The actuator spring is set to 0.8. Why would removing a bottleneck in the pipe have an affect?

Kenobi
21-07-2009, 21:25
The restrictors might change (i.e. slow) the way in which the pressure builds (to stop spiking etc), but they shouldn't lower the max psi to the actuator (assuming they are simple bottlenecks and not bleeds).

I understand Kenobi's issue. The actuator spring is set to 0.8. Why would removing a bottleneck in the pipe have an affect?

i just couldnt work out why the boost is not controlled by the actuator. trying to apply what little i know about the 5 to a modern car and getting brain fail.