PDA

View Full Version : perc fan madness

jesus in the seat of a 5
19-07-2009, 08:11
:laugh:..right the perc fan and the fan come in together when the phase 1 reaches temp..:confused:, anyone have idea why , the perc fan was working fine, its just happend and im finding it annoying as they were seperate and both working individually...:scratch:, maybe i take the perc fan motor out and put a new one in...i dont want to bin it as the car is so original and ive booked it in to make mint with new decals etc etc.......any pointers please kind people...:)

TrixNFlix
19-07-2009, 09:52
Has the relay behind the drivers light stopped working? Got to be this or one of the perc fan sensors that's gone kaput.

jesus in the seat of a 5
19-07-2009, 10:17
Has the relay behind the drivers light stopped working? Got to be this or one of the perc fan sensors that's gone kaput.

perc fan works...just with the fan and @ the same time...:scratch:

TrixNFlix
19-07-2009, 10:28
Have you swapped the relay. I think it's this as the circuit is staying live , and when up to temp triggers the perc fan as it's using the circuit that is only supposed to be live when relay switches to it when engine is off. If that makes sense?! :)

jesus in the seat of a 5
19-07-2009, 10:44
Have you swapped the relay. I think it's this as the circuit is staying live , and when up to temp triggers the perc fan as it's using the circuit that is only supposed to be live when relay switches to it when engine is off. If that makes sense?! :)

hmm, cheers andy , glad we are thinking along the same lines...gotta be worth a try..:)..now where is that spare mixo too..:D

TNT ANDY
19-07-2009, 13:39
How you getting on with that Jebuz?

Might I suggest you firstly shorting out the carb base switch first to see if this brings on the AP fan. Then do the same with the Heat shield sensor. Do these bring on the rad fan also?

Do it the other way round also, short out the rad fan switch and see if this brings the AP fan on.

Report your findings pls.

AS

jesus in the seat of a 5
20-07-2009, 05:29
How you getting on with that Jebuz?

Might I suggest you firstly shorting out the carb base switch first to see if this brings on the AP fan. Then do the same with the Heat shield sensor. Do these bring on the rad fan also?

Do it the other way round also, short out the rad fan switch and see if this brings the AP fan on.

Report your findings pls.

AS

cheers andy buddy , now its stopped raining ill give it all a go and get back to you..ta.:)